2020-03-08 09:09:14 (edited by Dark 2020-03-08 14:29:02)

It's said that good things come in small packages, which is true. However, what happens if those packages are full of skunk dung, or bacteria, or fissioning atoms, or really really angry little hobbits, or Gremlins! never forget about the gremlins.

though of course, you could get a large package and fill it full of skunk dung, or bacteria or fissioning atoms, or really angry hobbits or gremlins for that matter, and what's to stop you putting a lot of good things in a large package anyway!

So, okay, good things come in small packages, accept when those small packages are full of bad things, in which case bad things come in small packages, which really makes reiterating the point that good things come in small packages sort of redundant really.

Honestly! who actually thinks of these sayings? They should be put in a package (size does not matter), with a big label saying "do not open unless you want completely pointless sayings with no useful informational content whatsoever!"

Anyway, the actual point I was trying to make here, is that here are this weeks updates, which are both a good thing and a small pakcage, though as we've establishedd, neither of those states is particularly unique.

Updates by Dark:

Fixed miner developer name mistake for getinthedamnbox, and for code 7.
Eamon remastered, miner cleanup, including changing number of available adventures.
Cleaned up entry for Sound rts, and some mistakes on the game genres description page.
Cleaned up Entry for planet life, plus added miner reference to third chapter and the games’ ending.

City inc: entry and description.

Cleaned up entry for Hunter, added link to Bscfix program to all Bsc’s entries, plus a note that it doesn’t work correctly for Pipe 2.

Updates by pitermach:
-Entombed - give the entry a once-over with a spellcheck, fix broken link to Kelly Sapaergia's review, remove the link to Darren Duff's  review as it has died and he no longer has the file, remove references to Bazar Yahoo Group and the MSN group as both of those services are also long dead.
-Talking word puzzles - correct the game name spelling to have 2 z's instead of 1.
Gotta keep up with the theme of small things, that update just made the entombed entry a bit smaller. Hopefully the next update will involve adding rather than removing content big_smile

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-03-08 12:07:06

I've never heard that saying before. However, in Slovenian, there's a saying that poison comes in small bottles. Which is ... exactly the opposite. Or not. Depends on if you're the poisoner or the poisoned. Good and bad are very subjective. wink
Thank you for the updates!

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2020-03-08 13:22:56

Updates by pitermach:
-Entombed - give the entry a once-over with a spellcheck, fix broken link to Kelly Sapaergia's review, remove the link to Darren Duff's  review as it has died and he no longer has the file, remove references to Bazar Yahoo Group and the MSN group as both of those services are also long dead.

-Talking word puzzles - correct the game name spelling to have 2 z's instead of 1.

Gotta keep up with the theme of small things, that update just made the entombed entry a bit smaller. Hopefully the next update will involve adding rather than removing content big_smile

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2020-03-08 14:31:12

Thanks Pitermach, I've also copied your updates into the first post of the topic.

I suspect in word count terms the updates to city inc were larger than the removal of msm and yahoo and the odd misplaced Z, big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-03-08 19:28:05

Yes. Finally! The z is mine! Mine mine mine! The z will conquer the world! z z z! Oh, and good job on those updates, keep 'em coming, but stay away from my z!

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-03-08 20:48:54

With a zz here and a zz there, here a z there a z everywhere a z z .

though thinking about it, that sort of sounds like a zombie movie, or a commic where lots of people are asleep big_smile.

2020-03-11 22:34:48

That's kind of interesting that it's a common perception that it doesn’t work correctly for Blast Chamber, as I got it to work correctly with Blast Chamber without a problem. I did have the VB6 runtimes and C++ runtimes installed also though, so I wonder if that had something to do with it. I also have the shortcut being run as an administrator, so that may help too, though it could be argued that the Bscfix package wouldn't directly help the installation and running of Pipe 2 Blast Chamber, but other things in addition to this package could help the game work properly.

2020-03-13 08:10:03

@Superb, I had the issue with blast chamber myself and then when I checked This topic, it seems others had it too.

And yes, i tried running as admin.
IAs for Vb6 runtime, I thought that either Aprones checkup program or Jim Kitchins winkit installed those by default? I'm not sure, but as this seems to be a generalised problem I thought I'd mention it on the db.

2020-03-13 09:42:19

That was a day after. If it was site updates March 7, that would be my birthday!

2020-03-14 11:22:28

why no, the z is mine and will forever be! If anyone tries to take it away from me, they will face my, and my z's, wrath! because the z is mine mine mine mine mine!