2020-03-12 21:29:09

Getting a bike depends on your account type. If you're a free account, you can buy a foldable_bile with stw_points. If you're a paid account, you can just buy a bike with less stw_points. If you don't want to spend any points, feel free to get premium gifts, or look in the city between the bricks and other stuff, to get extremely lucky.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2020-03-12 21:33:30

As for nuking the game: hell no. First of all, closing the store wouldn't work the way you'd intend it to work, because people will just refrain from doing stuff that might lose them any paid item... making things go stale. This would also prevent people that really like the game from obtaining a paid account to not have to worry about account removal, and so on.
I can confirm, without going into details, due to confidentiality obligations, that things are being discussed back and forth, whenever we take a sneak peak in the suggestions. As was pointed out before, we do take those in to account, and implement the ones that seem fair, doable and make sence... However, balancing out an old system, like the massive inventories, without stepping on  anyones toes, is not something you do in a late night coding session, so we'd rather take it a few rounds too many back and forth, before doing anything.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2020-03-13 15:55:26

One thing I wish was possible, but I understand why it isn't, is resetting the gift counter at midnight. On the good side, it would make it a lot easier on players who don't keep track of when they got gifts down to the exact time and who play at roughly the same times during the day. However, cheaters will exist, and they would abuse this system as much as they could. Someone would get the bright idea to pick up gifts at 11:59 PM so they could just go grab 10 or 20 more in the next minute. A potential way to counteract something like that would work like this, after someone has picked up either 10 or 20 gifts, depending on their account, they would be unable to pick up anymore for at least 1 to 3 hours after the counter resets. I was going to suggest a shorter time frame, but we can never be too careful. Also, I would recommend cutting down on the PK timer. If someone turns that on by accident, an hour is a bit too much for them to have to run around and hide. Again, I understand why things are set up the way they are. These are just ideas, which I have a lot of. I may go and start a sort of unofficial suggestions topic somewhere. When I asked if something like that existed, someone basically suggested I create one.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2020-05-04 09:22:42 (edited by conundrum 2020-05-04 09:26:34)

@3619 talking about shorter time for PK, I disagree. The game has many maps which you can hide from being targeted, and there way less people who can accidentally turned on pk. I would like to suggest admins disable the /untrust comment and /trustclear comment during pk. Please also make it so that a person loses certain percentage of his inventory if he goes offline during PK. In some mainstream game, you could even die if you exit from a fight just like that. It is a way to say that you are a loser if you go off during a fight. So only people who were unintentionally cut off from the net can approach admins which will verify and restore back those items.

On a side note, since this game has improved a lot in terms of bug fixing and cheats, maybe, this is just a suggestion that certain rules should be revise. Ever since the massive cheating of players back in the early days, banned hammer has been widely used, trimming the STW player to what we all can see now.
When Sam added a few lines to STW's payment disclaimer, that spark a few thoughts in mind.
"If you cheat badly enough to warrant an inventory reset, it is possible based on the situation that your paid items will also be removed, and if this happens you will also not get a refund or credits. Opening fraudulent payment disputes on transactions that did indeed go through will result in an instant and likely permanent ban from the game if efforts to resolve the matter are unsuccessful."

So, the thoughts are:
1. How likely does an inventory reset occur, because more often not, cheaters are facing outright banned from the game. This can be attested to the recent bug which is cause by the game itself giving random number of items messing up the inventory. A few players were indeed banned instead of having their extra items removed or inventory reset.

2. Despite Sam and the game admin proudly claim that they have dealt with the individuals which exploited the bug to keep items, roomers has been ringing loud that this one particular players still has some air necklace’s as result of the item bug. Names are not mentioned due to the ability of renaming char, therefore a wise thing is for the admins to find out. While others were banned, this person work off-scot free and trading the items to others.

3. Still about banned hammer, an admin which was demoted many months ago were not banned, despite all the chaos to the game and players. I am sure if the same things happen to a player, he or she would be banned from the game without much recourse to justice. The game dev and admin team owe us a lot of explanation but since Sam will not come to this forum this talk is as good as rubbish.

While I strongly against players cheating and exploiting bugs, I believe if this is planned correctly we could have avoided a lot of banned hammer and still keep the players and game alive instead of it just become a chat client for people to talk about balls, d**k and such.

A few suggestions for akilor to hopefully bring forward are:
1. If a player goes to jail, all his alt char goes to jail and if he creates a new char it will be in jail. If he then logged in using a friend's char, they will also be in jail. There is no need to ban this player, but automatic extension of jail time form 14 days to longer time depending on how many char he login during jailtime.

2. Have more action control done on admin side, for example if someone spam the radio or character chat, their right to chat will be disable for a few days. Likewise, if someone created account using crash word, they will be disallowed to create account for few months. On this note, there is a need to restrict how many accounts can be created in 1 computer. I think 3 or 5 would be enough.

3. There are player recently whose account were unintentionally compromise maybe due to simple password, and he have no choice but to buy a new paid account. He has spoken to one of the admins but of no help, maybe due to his poor English. While this is good because the game makes more money, we must also try to help him in this situation, as he is a victim. 15 dollars is not the same value in every country so Sam ought to consider this.

4. There must be a way to reset password by having the account tigh to email or something else.

5. A few players create account and continue to play the game using virtual machines even after being banned, however there is no rules that deal with this matter. I hope that if their mistake was small, Sam can give them second chance after a few years of banned. If someone with power which creates more atrocities are not banned, then this player without power should be given chance. If Ironman can be unbanned due to small mistake of extracting the game sound, then others also deserve a chance.
Bugs which are caused by the server, and not exploited by players should not involve banned, instead items should be removed, or worst inventory wipe off if it is serious.

Guys, I write this not because I am in support of cheating actions. The game has somewhat matured, with many bugs patched up. There is no people suddently getting 30000 pop_can or 5000 dfc unlike before. I believe Sam has also reach 18 years old, unlike 5 years ago when he was a little boy trying to create the game. And so does our players, who were banned before when they are just a little child.
My hope also for the admins to be more active in the game, to try and interact more with players. Remember that when you took the job of admining the game, you cannot always use the excuse that you have life to attend to. Admins are someone who must spend a considerable amount of time in the game, and take care of the game as if you are the dev of it.

2020-05-05 01:16:06

ok guys please. don't nuke the game. That's a ridiculous idea. eople spent hundreds of dollars on items, and some of us, like me, still spent extremely high amounts, but never turned on pk, or went over the top or did anything unfair. Ok? Please just take a moment and think. Some people will not be using up their death free cards, because some people just do not die. Like me. I stay in the pond, grab oysters, fish, occasionally pull a shotgun on a bear or a wolf or something and oh god the pythons please please remove the darned evil pythons.

2020-05-05 02:21:15

i agree with removing the pythons. While i'm not the biggest fan of the game, i don't think it needs to be nuked.

2020-05-05 08:48:36

Hey, even if you aren't an admin, you're still allowed to help as much as you can. The pythons are a nuisance, but the lions are creations of the devil. My one and only meeting with a lion ended in losing 4 DFCs because the stupid thing managed to paralyze me, all because I stopped to get a drink. They shouldn't be able to snap us in half.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2020-05-05 09:42:32

I think akilor has made it clear the game will not be nuked. It just need to be imporved to be better. But if you are just someone sitting on the pond, come on do something and explore more. Some part could be fun while some part could be Mischievous and dislike by many.

2020-05-05 10:18:22

I think nothing needs to be removed, if you cannot deal with the specific animal it doesn't means it should be removed.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-05-05 10:28:32

At least don't call them pythons. Seriously. Since when could a python poison you.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2020-05-05 10:37:17

@3625, agree. But pythons need to be renamed.
And stw needs to be nuked and replaced with redspot.

2020-05-05 12:01:59 (edited by Aron Leppik 2020-05-05 12:03:19)

'STW needs to be nuked and replaced with, hmmm something fun like BD4. aahh I'd be willing to pay 60 € for that.

"Snake, don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person than just having a stereo television."

2020-05-05 15:09:07

The game doesn’t need to be nuked, though there is some sense in doing so. It also does not need to be replaced with redspot. RS had many many issues, starting drama every week is just scratching the surface.

2020-05-06 06:12:22

the funny thing is, many people say survive the wild is now abandent and 50 to 60 is the average number of people online there. I wonder what would be the number if people who thinks it's abandent gets back?

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-05-08 23:38:38

at post  3630 the game would  be swarming by them lol

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2020-05-09 02:16:12

Meh, stopped thinking we'd ever get redspot, anything sam says at least until i have proof is empty promises. I'm  spoken to other people privately sense if i say anything opinionated I'd either get warned for staing how i feel and starting a flamewar, or i'd have people finidng me anywhere they can to say that i'm stupid or i can fuck off into a nest of angry wasps or something dumb.

2020-05-13 14:27:45

I'm looking for a way to know the complete STW command list.
This is because some information, such as commands related to Quest, is missing from the command list provided in the Readme.

2020-05-13 14:36:22

conundrum wrote:

I think akilor has made it clear the game will not be nuked. It just need to be imporved to be better. But if you are just someone sitting on the pond, come on do something and explore more. Some part could be fun while some part could be Mischievous and dislike by many.

And so it shall... and so it shall...
I can't say more than this: it's going slower than most of you would like, but that's because everyone would have wanted an update by five months ago, so we're waving that away... but it's so much going to be worth it, once everything has been completed. big_smile

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2020-05-13 15:03:40

might have a bit of word here, although it's the bad one. at least, the player base couldn't compared with the constant battle game, but don't worry, won't post the link to downloaded, you'll figure it out where to get it.

2020-05-13 16:21:13

morokuma, I don't remember if they have all the commands in the Read me or not, however, you can visit blackscreengaming.com
they have all the information related to the game in a very organized way.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-05-17 10:06:27

So can anyone tell me why the game keeps giving me this error?
Reinstalling helps but it will eventually start doing it again.
ERROR!  dialog  Sound integraty verification failed. Please make sure the data/sounds.dat file came from an official source!

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2020-05-17 17:07:52

pool wrote:

the funny thing is, many people say survive the wild is now abandent and 50 to 60 is the average number of people online there. I wonder what would be the number if people who thinks it's abandent gets back?

Those 50 to 60 that you can see now consist mainly of new players. previously we get 80 to 90 during day time.

Claw wrote:

might have a bit of word here, although it's the bad one. at least, the player base couldn't compared with the constant battle game, but don't worry, won't post the link to downloaded, you'll figure it out where to get it.

A  lot of the player of constant battle previously came from STW. A lot are disappointed, banned, and they play BC. That's why banned should not be forever, there must be a timeline to unbanned those players.

2020-05-17 19:46:42

@6334 or criticview,  what did you mean by that? i looked at the post you quoted and its just confusing, lol. NOt the post itself but your reply.

2020-05-17 20:00:30

well still, it has largest playerbase in audiogames, and it is most loved game whitch didn't abandoned.
trust me, that old players will come when update release

Yours kindly

2020-05-17 20:21:10

I mean, with my confusing post, that there are things on the opperation table, and that they eventually might become fully living creatures... but that it takes time to lay propper dna fundaments... big_smile

As for cb, don't get me started on that one. And yes, several players came from stw when they were banned, thaught nothing would happen during dark times etc, but trust me, the grass aint greener on the other side, at least stw has a topic wink wink...

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->