2020-03-02 23:04:40

This one really is pretty simple, and I owe it to @Nightshade, who says she actually got it off of this site though can't exactly remember the post or topic in question; just saved it for a rainy day and that rainy day is now, or something...
Should you care to go there now, just click and play.  Otherwise, read on for more details and banter and blabber and ranting and raving and running my mouth because I have room to run it and... I think you get the point.
Anyway, if you're still with me, and if you plan on clicking above linkage, your goal is to build a city.  The bigger and better your city, the more citizens you'll attract.  the catch here is that you don't obtain any benefit from citizens until you restart, so restarting is required in order to truly progress through the game.  The beauty, however, is that there's no one size fits all solution.  Provided you can start new cities, you don't have to worry about how many citizens you actually have.  You can start with 1, 10 or 100 if you prefer, but only when you start will you see them working for you at all.
Every citizen gives you a 2 percent bonus to whatever profit you make, meaning that the more citizens you have the higher the multiplyer per citizen.  Twenty citizens collectively give you an extra $1.2 per citizen.  There are also upgrades you can purchase either through the cash you are making or through a separate currency system you can also earn called coins.  Many of these upgrades will increase citizen effectiveness allowing you to increase your earnings.
But what are coins, you ask?  Coins are a separate currency to add a little more strategy to the game which allow you to purchase certain upgrades.  You obtain coins by building; one building or structure of any kind is equall to one coin.  If you have 1000 roads you earn 1000 coins you can then turn around and spend on upgrades or save for another time.
This is a good little time killer if that's what you're in the mood for; you can walk away from it whenever you like and it'll actually just keep going and going for you until you're ready to return to it again.  You can also use the export option if you like so you can keep your progress and play it on another PC or device of your choosing.  All you need do is copy the code in the read-only edit field under the settings option called export, then paste it into the edit field under import on your target device.  I've not tried this on any iOS or Android devices so cannot give any honest answer on how it works, but as it's rather simplistic in appearance and works nicely with screen readers in general I'd say the results should be rather good; I'll update this section if and when I can confirm that for sure.  Nuff said?  Maybe?  Go ahead and start your city!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-03-02 23:30:01

any more info about this one?

2020-03-02 23:48:05

Sure, but you should be a bit more specific as to what you're looking for if you want anything in particular, as I did do a fair bit of writing above.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-03-03 00:46:16 (edited by Dark 2020-03-03 00:46:47)

I gave this one a look the other day.
The one question I have relates to the money you make from buildings and whether you need to click or not.
Under each building category, above the buttons to build a number is the listed amount of cash you get for each cycle and how long those cycles are.

Do these give you cash automatically? or do you need to click after each cycle?
At first I assumed they were automatic, but my total cash wasn't increasing until I got the appropriate politician upgrade, for each building type, so presumably politicians are like autoclickers in other games, and clicking on the cycle is actually what gets you money to buy new things.

I also wasn't entirely sure how debates or citizens work, but I've not quite got that far as yet.

At the moment the game looks like a fun auto increaser with lots of achievements, though I wish it had a bit more atmospheric text.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-03-03 02:11:06

Righto, Dark, will attempt to answer all of your questions, but realize I might miss something as I'm currently sleep deprived and sleep is probably going to elude me for awhile longer still...
On my build page I get something that looks like the following to NVDA.
TRANSPORT
$3,420/cycle
Roads Cycle: 0.04s
It may look a little different to you if you've tampered with your settings as I have, so bare with me here.  I happen to know that I've bought 200 roads.  Obviously, when you start off you won't have 200 roads.  You'll actually see a little bit of text that says something along the lines of "click here to earn your first dollar."  Once you do that you should see that you actually have 1 road.  Clicking on that number, the number corresponding to the amount of whatever structure you have will give you the profit associated with that particular structure or real estate or space or whatever it is, provided that you have allowed the proper amount of time to pass.  IN the case of roads, that amount of time is 0.04 seconds; you can click on it every 0.04 seconds and generate cash.  This is what is known as the cycle.
So, in short, I can click on the 200 which is the number of roads I have and generate cash.  Obviously, that can get very tedious, very quickly, so the politician was created to step in, once you generate enough cash to pay for them.  Each site has a politician associated with it and you can navigate them using whatever your prefered method for navigating headdings is... I see my politician names appear as level 2 headings with their price at level 4 after clicking on the link labeled politics.  They're usually rather easy to understand but do have descriptions as to what they do between level 2 and level 4.  Purchasing each will autogenerate the profit associated with them; Obamacare for medical, schoolboard for education and Internal Revenue Service for banks and so on.
Moving on, debates is a bit like blackjack or 21, in which the aim of the game is to beat your adversary by obtaining a number of votes higher than theirs.  In this case, remember that there is a max of 210 votes per either side in a debate, that is, you must not exceed 210 votes, nor should your opponent.  To start a game of debates, simply navigate to the slider and increase or decrease it as necessary; you will see the amount you are actually putting in below the slider.  Once you've adjusted it to your liking push the start debate button. 
Once you've pushed the button you have entered into a debate.  The page will change to reflect this by showing you something like the following:
My party
Votes left: 135…
Opposing party
Awaiting player…
Choose your argument
Transport
(30-90)
Civilian
(1-110)
Business
(50-150)
or...
Rest the case.
As mentioned above, this is like playing blackjack; it's a gamble either way.  We know that the opposing party has a total of 4 votes and our party at present has 75 votes, with 135 remaining before reaching 210; 75+135=210.  We are then told that transport might give us anywhere between 30 and 90 votes, civilian might give us anything between 1 and 110, and business may give us anything between 50 and 150.  For the sake of this demonstration I shall choose transport and see what happens.
My party
Votes left: 72…
Opposing party
Gained 45 votes…
As you can see, I've gained 45 votes bringing my total of votes to 138.  My opponent sits at 49.  I will once again choose transport and hope, but not cross my fingers for 72 votes or something close to it.
My party
Votes left: 37…
Opposing party
Gained 18 votes…
I'm not entirely feeling lucky today given many different things that have been going on, including an incident in another topic where I seriously misspelled clone, so I'm going to rest my case and hope for the best while expecting the worst.
My party
Holding argument
Opposing party
Congratulations, You won the debate!
You just made another $150!
That, in a nutshell and a half, is debates.  If you have any further questions, push them onto the topic and we'll see what we can do.

2020-03-03 06:08:24

How do you click on things?
With nvda and chrome, lressing enter on transport does nothing. Nor does nvda enter, so I'm not sure how you got this to work?

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2020-03-03 09:44:34

@ mat, post 6, Simply put, you hit enter on the number of things you own, not on the things you own.  If you own 1 road, you click on 1!  Not transport!  Not road!

2020-03-03 10:19:11

how do I check the price to build buildings? I just see a button for 1, a button for 10, a button for 100, and then a button that buys however many you can buy with your current money, but I don't know how fast the cost increases because I can't see the actual costs of things. I tried hovering over them with the mouse but I didn't see any change or anything

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2020-03-03 10:24:30 (edited by Nocturnus 2020-03-03 10:26:49)

Sadly, I think you're going to have to enlighten me on that.  I'm sort of under the impression  that actual cost is hidden, and that probably has to do with the fact that the cost increases with the amount of buildings you buy, meaning that buying 25 roads is more expensive than buying 1.  If you do discover a method by which to obtain the cost, let me know and I'll probably stick that in post 1.
Edit: just in case that line wasn't entirely clear, that means that every road you buy increases the price of the next one, so buying even one road after you've purchased a road makes the second more expensive, which makes buying 100 banks a slow, cumbersome process.

2020-03-03 10:55:19

yeah, that's actually standard in most of these incremental games. It's called exponential growth. But usually the game can calculate the cost of a bunch of roads all at once. THe math is pretty simple.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2020-03-03 11:08:56

I imagine the game can calculate the cost of any site and the amount it takes to purchase multiple anything it is you want to buy; it just doesn't show you the numbers.  I say that because you can clearly purchase 100 roads, for instance, provided the game knows you have the cash for it, and you can purchase as many politicians as you can hire in the politics tab by simply hitting one button.  It clearly  knows; whether it's hiding it entirely or shows it in a graphic or other some such NVDA isn't picking up I just don't know.

2020-03-03 18:11:22

That works for a while, but eventually it always just, stops. I have no idea why.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2020-03-03 20:28:04

I am definitely going to check this one out it sounds really cool.

Audio game king

2020-03-03 21:28:57

Hi.

When I press enter on 1, the Stockholm page comes up, I'm using the latest version of firefox with the latest version of NVDA.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-03-03 22:28:15

Not running the latest version of NVDA myself, but here's a few things to consider.
1.  Make sure your FF window is maximised.
2.  Make sure your history sidebar and other such things are not in the way; close them if you can.
3.  Toggle your navigation button to collapsed unless you're using said navigation options to minimise the possibility of navigating to them undesirably, as seems to be the case at present.
Hope that helps.

2020-03-03 23:39:12

Hi.

@Nocturnus: it didn't work for me but thanks for the help.

2020-03-04 00:01:58

@Brad, not sure what's happening there, it's fine in chrome. I will say you need to make sure you have clickable announcements on, that will tell you where to click, or you cah just click on the amount of whatever building you have.
the micromanagement is fun and there are lots of upgrades to work for which is nice, though I do wish there was a little more text to tell you what is what.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-03-04 02:09:56

So frustrated!
I started this game, had a ton of fun, built so many buildings, had plenty of politicians . . . and then I lost the game.
I don't know if my browser just clears cookies at a set time or what happened, but I have to start over from scratch.
It is a lot of fun though, and I enjoy working toward the goals.

2020-03-04 02:34:50

Yep,cookies can be nasty things. these days when I start playing a new incremental or browser title I always try to make sure to check C cleaner won't munch the cookie when I don't want it to.
Btw, I didn't realise I needed to click on the numbers in debates in order to refresh the current totals, no wonder I wan't doing well big_smile.

2020-03-04 04:26:37

Hi.

@those trying to help me: don't worry about it, I'll leave this game alone and hope you guys have fun.

2020-03-04 08:11:38

Is there a faster way to bet money for a debate than the slider going up dollar by dollar?

2020-03-04 11:55:14

@Mirage I just go onto the slider and hit end myself.

Unfortunately, it turned out the cookie I thought city Inc was was the one it wasn't so C cleaner also munched my game yesterday, never mind I'll be a chance to get back.

2020-03-04 12:12:05

Why am I the only one who doesn't like to delete my cookies!  I feel so lonely here...

2020-03-04 12:29:50

Here I think is your answer

2020-03-04 18:20:48

Tried this last night and really enjoyed it, particularly because of the numbers guide (what crazy names do some numbers seem to have).
Currently am waiting for some citizens, thinking of gaining 10 before I do my first reset.
I do agree about the debate slider going up 1 by 1 by 1 dollar, since I'm playing on IOS there isn't an option to snap to the end of the list.
Perhaps an email could be sent to the dev and see if he'd be willing to add a "bet max" button or something?