2020-03-01 05:23:53

So usually, monthly chat topics are created by people who have lives. OK I have a life, but it’s really really boring. But anyway, this topic is not about me. Well… It kind of is, but whatever. other than the usual school, my parents are getting married, and it’s supposed to be warmer this month. so that’s nice, but how about you?

warning: this post is about to end, press h, or don't, I don't mind.

2020-03-01 05:46:41

it's my birthday in 5 days, I'm getting a new USB which is super fast and dureable because I broken 4 this past two weeks. this one goes at 300mbps read and 250mbps write. so, I'm quite happy about that.

2020-03-01 06:28:51

I saw a doctor get up, and run out of one of his own offices.. It wasn't his fault, but he was afraid of the person to whom he had to deliver the news. That was me..

2020-03-01 07:20:36

crona, is the thing that everyone are wurying about it: everywhere off, hi holydays!

2020-03-01 11:13:50

Hi all. This month should be pretty good for me. I just started a job Here in Belize teaching Braille and computer skills alongside the Belize council for the visually impaired. In other news, Hopefully I can make more headway with learning French once I grow the balls to actually start talking to people instead of just doing lessons online. Lol. Hope you all have a good March. Let's try to keep this forum as civil as possible and facilitate actual discourse this month shall we?

2020-03-01 16:22:51

@christian, congrats to your parents.
Also hope Nightshade and Nocturnus are okay after yesterdays' shenanigans, Mrs. Dark didn't have a good day yesterday either.
@Wes Hollow, youch, that sounds freaky, hope you're okay.
Corona virus is pretty Yes, the corona virus or corvid 19 as they seem to also be calling it now is the virus that is getting everyone freaked. I'd be less worried for myself, since even if you get it, it's basically just like the flue and %80 of people don't even need medical treatement, the worry is that firstly it is super infexious, and that secondly anyone who is unwell to begin with is likely much more at risk, indeed all the people who have died from it have had other medical issues.
That is why I am extremely worried for Mrs. Dark, and also for my dad, less so for myself in this case.

On the plus side, it's amazing what simple soap and water, or for that matter anticeptic jell can do, so long as you remember to do it when coming in from outside, and even if one does have to spend time in quarantine, that's not really an issue in the era of the internet and fast communication, heck after having daily hospital visits for six weeks with Mrs. Dark we probably would've just about done that anyway, indeed I am looking forward to starting Picard on amazon as I said last month.

Hoping though that with Mrs. Dark's radiotherapy dealt with, things will be better in march, Corona virus not withstanding.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-03-01 17:58:16

I'm having a slightly better start to this month. I'm actually making the effort of reaching out to try and make friends again, so that's been interesting.

"900 years in time and space and I have never met someone who wasn't important." The Doctor.
Come say hi on Twitter

2020-03-01 18:09:20

@Christian thanks for starting the monthly chat topic, and congrats to your parents. Also, thanks to whoever set the topic as sticky as well.
I hope Nightshade is feeling better, and @Dark I hope you and Mrs Dark are doing OK with everything that's going on.
As for me, I spent Friday playing Bloodbath to give it a try, like it so far. Spent Saturday doing some bowling in the afternoon, and then my Dad took me to a cabaret event in the evening which was fun.
Today we celebrated my brother's Birthday, as he's going away for his actual Birthday this month. So had a lovely breakfast made by him and his girlfriend.
Then I spent this afternoon trying out Alexa, by listening to Elaine Page on Sunday. THis is a program on BBC Radio 2 that is about musical theatre shows. There were some cool sogns! "You're In The Band" from School of Rock, "While The Children are Asleep" from Carousel, "In front of my eyes" or something like that, from The Wedding Singer, "When You Believe" from the Prince of Egypt film version, and then an exclusive announcement and song from the musical version, "Make It Right" from the Prince of Egypt London Cast Recording as an exclusive, with the date being revealed as the end of this month when it's released.
I am also excited about this month because on March 4, Micke and Minnie's Runaway Railway is opening up at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Florida, so I'm looking forward to finding out more about that experience and what it actually entails.

2020-03-01 20:45:30

I was on a waiting list for three years, fighting to get genetic mutation therapy, just to find out that I only have one out of two hundred and something genes.. Like I said, it wasn't the doctor's fault.. I had a couple more questions, as this eye condition I was born with came with more health issues than just vision. But I can still see well enough to see him get up and run. I push myself to work out, but if I push myself too hard I have events that drop me to the ground.. No doctor can tell me why.. I go to neurologists, and get a five day EEG done, but they don't see seizures.. Yet I've had four in two years. I can't explain a lot about my own situation.

2020-03-01 21:51:18

I'm pleased to report that Nightshade is feeling at least a bit better; she's had a 36 or so hour stretch between the hospital and now.  The problem is that with trigeminal neuralgia, while the pain can be constant, so constant that you almost just get used to it if you live with it, there are times when the pain flare's up and said flareups can occur quite spontaneously.  Then again, you can go weeks or even months without feeling anything, then experience such excruciating pain that it does what it did to her, obviously.
There are triggers, too!  She can no longer eat icecream, for instance.  Too hot?  Too cold?  All of those things need to be factored in, along with the consistency of what she's eating.  To make matters worse, she's a lot like me in the sense that, if she feels enough pain her body trys to fight it off by going into overdrive, producing nausea, and more nausea?  More pain.  She can't win!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-03-01 22:51:15

thanks to who ever made this sticky, also @dark thank you

warning: this post is about to end, press h, or don't, I don't mind.

2020-03-02 15:29:27

Hi,
@2: Congratulations, I having birthday next week, I'm turning 18!

This month will be very stressful for me, as I have quite a few important exams coming up. My final examination (when I pass that, I'm basically done with School and can start University) is in May/June (the written exams are in May, the oral ones are in late June), so me and my classmates are all a bit stressed.
On gaming Terms, I am currently going through the Manamon 2 postgame and I might try Bloodbath some time this week.

A nice month to everyone!

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-03-02 16:45:11

I am sorry to hear that, Nocturnus
anyway, this day is great to me, as my big cister has arived home, I didint got to se her for 3 munths

2020-03-02 18:51:40

Well, I'm not feeling very well, and I haven't been for a day or so. Hopefully that doesn't last, but with me, it usually takes a few weeks for me to fight something off. A good thing today is that I ordered some ram that's being delivered today, and hopefully it works, but with my luck, it won't. smile Either way, I'm excited to open up this desktop and see what it looks like in there. Even if it doesn't work, it shoud be easy enough to return it and find something that will work.

"900 years in time and space and I have never met someone who wasn't important." The Doctor.
Come say hi on Twitter

2020-03-02 19:02:33

Well. February ended up rather badly for me. My beloved football team, Liverpool, lost for the first time in 44 league games. The fact I am still feeling sad about it just proofs how sad a life I have I guess. Lol.
As for this month, I am probably just gonna be going to school and play some games here and there.

What games though I am not sure of. I finally got tired of swamp after way to many hours of playing it.
I am even thinking about selling my account.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2020-03-02 20:59:43

@crescent, hope yorur ram situation goes well, and that you get to feeling better.
@Sovs, you'll notice I haven't teased you about the other side winning.  That's how you'll remember me... I've always been so nice.  smile
@Meatbag, Thank you for giving me another chance at taking over the world; this is the most fun I've had in awhile out here.  Now, go be with your sister and I'll continue with my weapons of mass-concussion!
I'm glad she's no longer in pain, but my wife's still pretty out of it.  Whatever they medicated her with keeps her pretty much in bed all the time now, so times are lonely.  She wakes up for an hour or two at a time to do what she absolutely must, then it's back to the blankets and pillows she goes.  Of course, that's my selfishness talking; the work around here goes on.  I do my best to take care of the children and the house in the meantime, and I've even been privileged with joining someone in an upcoming project I sincerely hope ag net will give a huge chance, as it sounds promising.
Beyond that, building cities has me immensely amused, which I suppose is a good thing.  Feeding the youngest at present while I watch my numbers go up.  I still need to complete Evelyn's farm... I think I have two endings left but will have to go back to the topic to find out.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-03-02 21:20:36

Trust me, Nocturnus. Enough people have been teasing me about it already. Rude and heartless people. And I am pleased to hear your wife no longer are in pain. I wish you 2 all the best.

2020-03-02 23:33:17

@crescent hope you feel better soon, and good luck with your ram.
@sobs I don't quite know what games I'll be playing this month, although I went on another retro spin and played through Tarzan Junior up to level 5 on normal today, and I died when the time on the mountain expired. In hindsight, I realized something: I completely (and I mean completely) forgot about the slingshot throughout the whole game!
I also played some Gears 5 today on the xbox, and I got to the general rank on the latest tour, and that's the first time for me. It's called tour of duty and they have them every few months, lasting for that whole time. SightlessKombat witnessed me get general today, as we blasted the horde together.

2020-03-03 05:23:25

So, not only India lost to New Zealand, I am experiencing another bout of cold, which... is just kind of getting scary at this point. you know, because of the scary virus thing.

As for other things, my exams, (Bring me some people so I can strung them up on the tallest building,) are going to start at 18th, and I thrashed my potential writer in chess yesterday. yeah, probably a bad call there.

Since I finished the first four books of the laundry files, and well, I needed something to distract me from the boredom of preparing for exams about which I didn't cared, I picked up the Death Masks, and finished it right from where I left off.

Also, I restarted to watch wrestling. and honestly, I really enjoy watching wrestling. around two years or so ago, I joined a game called "TheWrestlingGame."

The game had some accessibility issues, but the developers did fixed them. I did joined that game for well, taking my wrestler to the top, but I ended up enjoying another factor of that game.

Which was roleplaying. we would create our own companies, championships, wars, feuds, and all of that result in a weekly "televised" show, as well as some "monthly pay-per-views."

After a while, I didn't cared much for the game. but I have half of mind to start a site or a forum, where I can repeat that roleplaying experience once more with other wrestling fans like myself.

2020-03-03 09:03:09

@aaron
I actually never played Tarzan Junior, so maybe I should give it a go. I only got into audiogaming in 2016 and as far as I know, Tarzan Junior is far older, so that is probably why I never have tried it.

2020-03-03 12:32:35

@sovs you really should. It's well worth it. It's still a great game even by today's standurds.

2020-03-03 12:37:55

@Haily
In that case, I will check it out. Cheers.

2020-03-03 23:49:22

@Sovs, Tarzan Junior is actually rather fun, just remember to use the spear with the w key, it also has some quite tough harder difficulties despite being old, heck when I first played it in 2006 it was already out for three years I think. Amazing to think that Philip bennifall was only 14 when he made the game.

Fortunately, as to me football is just 22 people booting a leather thing around a pitch, I rarely care who wins or loses, something which utterly confuses my uncle who is the publicity officer for Nottingham forest football club, but hay, whatever floats people's respective boats, or kicks their balls, though that sounds painful big_smile.

@Nocturnus, really sorry to hear about Nightshade's continuing troubles. Fortunately it was a good day today. Mrs. Dark had her last radio therapy appointment, and rang the bell to prove it! This meant me going and getting a celebratory bottle of asti wine, (I was going to get prosecco but they only had dry ones), which made a very satisfying pop and was nice!

Now hopefully we can have something of a break, although my lady still is going to feel pretty crappy for the next two weeks due to the lingering effects of being irradiated. Unfortunately we wont' know whether all this has actually done any good until Jun which is a bit of a pest.
Gaming wise, I've been playing cosmic rage and a bit of Erion, though have also given city inc a quick go as well, and have got back to my poor neglected trimps big_smile.

@Juliantheaudiogamer, Exams? What are those preY? Oh yes, I remember in the deeps of time I did have such traumatic experiences, it's very nice not to have them anymore big_smile.

Actually I remember when I was 25, the year after I completed my masters, I was wondering why I was beginning to feel stressed and upset in June.
I then realised, that counting mocs and sat tests, I'd had either exams or massive long disertation sized pieces of work,  for each of the previous 12 years between 12 and 24! from GCSE's, to A levels, to my degree, and then into my masters! which was pretty damn scary!

I still! get a bit freaked in summer and I wonder if this is why big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-03-04 00:34:55

@dark
I wish I felt the same way about football as you lol. Liverpool lost again. I am gonna die. Aaaaaargh where is my whisky whisky whisky.

2020-03-04 11:21:20

@Dark:
Remember in previous month's topic, I talked about losing any spirit to play games, or programming, or any other thing which I like?

This exactly is the reason.  you see, around December or so, the exam season starts in India. from the internal exams in the schools, to parents pressuring their kids for preparing for the final exam, let's just say that these months until April, are quite stressful.

And even in college, you are not safe from this. after all, my exams are starting in 18th of this month, and they started in April in previous year.

(And yes, my mother's nagging angers me... a lot, specially since for all intense and purposes, I am being forced to complete a course about which I don't care at all.)