2011-03-25 12:43:12

Hi guys. Does anyone know of a blind friendly way to install Win XP Pro into VMWare Player? I have the original disk, and used the product key, yet when I try and install VMWare tools, it gives me an error and says the Easy Install must finish first. Anyone know what I have to do?

2011-03-27 22:59:32

Hi,
Ironicly, that was exactly what I was trying to do the other day.
I think it installs automaticly if I am not mistaken.
HTH,

Daniel

2011-03-28 10:46:22

Hi.
I've only installed windows in Vm ware on my Mac which is 100% accessibel and works very well. I have heard that vm ware for windows is a bit different though

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2011-03-28 15:01:03

ah you are using mac.
I can't really help ya there sorry.

2011-03-28 17:40:58

No, SLJ was using a Mac where it worked perfectly but CJ89 was using Windows I believe.

Just to check, are you using a full version of VMWare? I thought VMWare Player was only for running ready-made virtual machines and couldn't create them?

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-04-02 15:52:12

cx2 is correct, player is just the free version only to be able to mount virtual machines already created. You will need the Pro version to be able to install. During the creation of the VM you will get a dropdown asking you for the OS you want to install. In your case, (and mine actually) choose Windows XP Pro and point to the location of the CD (or ISO file) and it will install from there. Of course, you will need the key for registration.

My name is Cyrillo and I am new artist. I love to photograph live scenes and take pictures of urban art. Most of the time I am taking pictures of city graffiti and urban traffic signs, many of those pictures you can see in my personal site contemporary art. I follow contemporary art but love the classic painters.

2011-04-03 16:07:46

Hi guys, sorry its taken me a while to get back to you. I was indeed using Windows for this. Its the free version, but it does have an option to create a virtual machine, as of version 3. I decided to take a bootcamp aproatch on my Mac. i have other things I'd like to do on windows that work with my Mac, but don't work with something like my netbook. Sad, aint it? lol