2020-02-24 23:21:07 (edited by George_Gaylord 2020-02-26 16:41:15)

Hello. I have about 3 other accounts I would like you guys to delee. There's Jaidon_Vinnie_Ware, which was my first account, Another Jaidon account, and TT_Gamer. Not TT_Games, but TT-Gamer. The TT-Games one is adel and My game maker name. Thanks.

I realise I annoy the shit out of everybody. So, I'm going to do you all a big favour, and leave. Never thought I'd do this. See post 18 for more details. Here's my late birthday gift to you all.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-02-25 06:39:20

Moderation:
Hold on a second.
You know that making multiple accounts is illegal. Why did you do this? What were your reasons?
You broke rules either way, I'm afraid, but it'll come down to why and how you did it in order to determine what we do about it.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-02-25 10:36:05

well done

2020-02-25 16:25:07

Allow me to elaberate. Those accounts were from 2 years ago. I think they were registered before this one. I made those other accounts just because I forgot the passwords to them. One day I clicked on the forgot password link, entered my email address, and I got this account. I think, Lawrence PINGED you and told you this already, but I'm not sure. I didn't make any alts. I never used any of them, and if you look at the last visit, you may see something from all the way back in 2018.

_____

2020-02-25 17:43:59

TT_Gamer is indeed over a year old, and has not been active since 2018.
The other two accounts, I'm having trouble finding unless you spelled Jaidon differently.

I will delete TT_Gamer, and ask that you not create any more alts for any reason. No punishment (believe it or not, we're not eager to run people out on a rail, we just like our rules to be followed).

2020-02-25 18:20:14

I wonder what we can do if people forget their passwords and can't retrieve. I wouldn't personally mind if we allowed perhaps one or two more accounts, *not at once*, and *only* as a last resort, but then, if people keep on forgetting, for whatever reason, we act. Trouble is there's no account recovery system accept for email, and I've had it where an older email address has died and I've lost access to places like SoundCloud and Choice of Games forum because it happened without warning and before I even had the chance to update my email address. I then wanted to get back in a while later, realized what had happened, and boom, I'm essentially locked out, through no fault of my own, from those places.
Also, regarding the one account thing, did we ever decide what would happen if someone wanted a user account, and a dev account in case there are multiple people running a team?

2020-02-25 18:38:15

Lol those other two are older names used at this same account of his

*not totle sure*

2020-02-25 19:10:40 (edited by haily_merry 2020-02-25 19:11:32)

Honestly this rule is kind of impossible to Enforce. So many users have multiple accounts already, mason, Ivan, sediment, lauren.downie96 AKA laurel just to name a few.

2020-02-25 19:57:49

So I'm curious on something.
If you flat-out know, and have proof, that person x is using alt y on the forum, have you ever thought to reach out with that proof to us administrators?
Just telling us that such-and-such a person has a given alt is helpful, but it's not enough. It's just hearsay. But if you can give us more than pure hearsay, it allows us to get rid of elements we don't want in the community, and to deal with those people who feel that they are above the rules.
Every moment you spend being silent when you have info like this is technically a moment you're spending passively abetting someone who's breaking a rule. Just think about that for a little bit, will you?

2020-02-25 21:37:33

But then by getting rid of those people, there's a chance that you're getting rid of someone who may not be trying to do anything malitious. Some people have had to make alt accounts do to not being able to reset their password, myself included back when Dark was still chief. He had to reset my PW so I could get back in with my normal account. BTW, I believe the other account was called Garrett1 if you want to go and wipe it, but I'd check it out first. Point being, people aren't always out to break the rules, and if you got rid of every single person with an alt account you'd be getting rid of a lot of good people.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2020-02-25 22:16:31

And that's precisely why this isn't done automatically and without any warning. But for the reasons you have listed, contacting admins and explaining your situation won't make them give you a permanent ban. No multiple accounts as I understand it means that you should not actively use both, or of course try to workaround a ban by creating another account. If you have a legitimate reason to do so  there's  no reason not to just explain your situation and continue with a new account or reset the old one and delete the new one as has already been done in the past.

2020-02-25 23:06:33

@8 lol nice signature

@10 in some chases it is usefull to have multiple accounts, like when you have to create a topic that may cause controversy. Never did it my self btw, but just saying.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2020-02-25 23:55:07

The only reason I could see having more than one account, is for a developer. A developer might want one account for his game announcements, and another for his personal use.

Maybe the mods could have a dev contact them if that person wants to create a second account. I think the current rule should stand for everyone else. If you created a second account because you couldn't reset your password, I think you should let the mods know as soon as possible.

2020-02-26 00:34:11

Jayde, sent you a PM.

2020-02-26 08:35:04 (edited by defender 2020-02-26 08:36:46)

Jaidon, just quit it with the passive aggressive whining Will you?
you are acting like the mods are targeting you, but really, you just keep breaking rules and causing problems. How is that their fault.
If you were someone else breaking the same rules, you would be punished as well. Stop trying to blame others for your mistakes and pretending to be the victim here.
If they really wanted you gone so badly, They could just make up something and bann you for it. But that isn't how this forum works, and you should be grateful for that. Because with how annoying you have been, many other websites would have banned you by now.
I would suggest that you first go read the rules properly, and then second stop talking so much, Your opinion isn't always needed, and I'm getting tired of your nonsense topics and multi posting.

2020-02-26 09:21:41

K, Defender? Not cool man.

Jaiden wrote:

Allow me to elaberate. Those accounts were from 2 years ago. I think they were registered before this one. I made those other accounts just because I forgot the passwords to them. One day I clicked on the forgot password link, entered my email address, and I got this account. I think, Lawrence PINGED you and told you this already, but I'm not sure. I didn't make any alts. I never used any of them, and if you look at the last visit, you may see something from all the way back in 2018.

You can see right from that post that he had no intent on breaking the rules. He simply had no way of recovering his password. What other choice did he have besides making another account to tell the admins that he forgot the PW to his old one? Honestly I think you're harping on the guy a little too much here.
Jayde, this is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt if you so choose, but I think you partially jumped the gun just a little. Sure, you didn't ban him outright and I suppose you easily could have, but did you have to go strait into this with your mod hat? I don't know, that just seems a bit excessive to me IMO.

TWITCH

2020-02-26 09:54:49

I'll outline why I jumped into this on alert.

1. Jaidon got banned, and very soon afterword, Lawrence McSue started accessing the forum, speaking a bit like Jaidon, and apparently relating info to him. This is already shady, but no action was definitively taken against either of them for this. Eyebrows were raised, and it was mentioned that if a strong link was ever drawn (i.e., they're the same person) there would be trouble. Given the context, I feel this was firm, but reasonable.
2. Lawrence himself got banned.
3. Jaidon has had these other accounts for...uh, how long now? Why did it take a couple of months, a ban, a controversial other person who truly may or may not have been another person given the circumstances, a return from the original ban, and then several weeks before it was admitted that there were accounts that needed deleting? Perhaps Jaidon has attempted to tell us about these before, but if he has, personally I haven't seen it.

None of this makes Jaidon guilty of anything heinous, and none of this merits immediate punishment. but I'm not going to apologize for viewing the whole thing with a bit of side-eye, and going on alert over it. Jaidon was merely asked to explain himself, and not punished in any way.

As has also been noted, we've had plenty of other people using alts, and a bunch of the community passively protecting said individuals, which as an administrator does not make me happy.

So no. I don't think this is unreasonable. He wasn't shouted at. He wasn't called names, attacked, banned or overtly threatened. He was told that having alts is technically against the rules, which it is. He was told that breaking the rules can and often does result in punishment, which is also true. In this instance, a little digging verified the claims, and those other accounts should be deleted now. The ones I could find, anyway.

Had someone else with a similar history done this, I would have acted precisely the same way.

Pro-tip: if you want me, in particular, to be gentler with a breach of rules, even an accidental one, come all the way clean. Don't make me dig, and don't get angry if I ask questions. It's not personal. I'm doing my job.

2020-02-26 15:51:27

Defender has a point. I think I'll step back from the forum for a while. Still though, no need to be so damn harsh. You know why I make those humour topics? Because my life is dark. I try, my damn best to make others a tad bit happier. I'm just trying. Instead of you biting my damn head off, can you chill out for a damn bit? I also admit that I sorta jumped the gun as well, and that wasn't directed at the mods, but other people. A lot have been going on recently, and its been affecting me. I'm sorry if you guys find me an annoying piece of insignificant shitty trolly garbage.
Jayd, I blelieve that My cousin told you about it a while back as well. Its not that I've been using them to skirt my ban, i'm just super forgetful. Just ask Adel.
Anyways, I'll still be around, but I'll just be heard from alot less. Bye for now.

_____

2020-02-26 17:50:43

You know, I believe at one time, alts weren't exactly illegal. Using them to circumvent bans I think was, but usually, it was up to, for lack of a better term, "gentleman's rules" that you wouldn't. Not to justify alts created now, nor to justify keeping those alts around after being discovered, but that may mean that there may be alts for more users than even the users themselves may realize. That being said, it seems that most worked out in the end. I hope things get better for you, Jaidon. It's never fun when life goes to crap.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2020-02-26 19:21:48

Ya know, I really cannot understand how this guy can keep his head up at all when he gets so much freaking thwack and backsass from the community.  Alright, so he's screwed up a few different times, perhaps for different reasons... I really don't know as I don't go about trying to keep up with everyone's ban history as some of you do, but even when he trys to be funny the backlash bandwagon goes into overdrive and then some.
For every mistake I've not made out here I could be highly critical of the forum as a whole.  Instead I use the rest of life to teach me how to deal with the rest of you, where as there are enough of you out here who just seem to use the rest of us as punchingbags when your day didn't go well or someone rejected your game from ever becoming a possible candidacy for the database?  I just, don't know.  I mean, just a little while ago I saw a topic about ultrapower again, which we all know has been an issue for years now, but people still go on about it like it's icecream!
and Jaidon?  No, I'm not letting you off the hook that easy either.  Yes, I side with you in the sense that people can be harsh and seem to misunderstand what you're trying to do, but I do believe you should have come clean about these accounts awhile back.  Why you did it this way strikes me as odd, but I'd like to think you had a really good reason.  I'm sorry to see you running away, and I resent the fact that you lumped me in with the everbody is annoyed at Jaidon crowd, since I'm not one of those people.  At present I'm disappointed with your actions because there are days when you seem to have a pretty good grasp on things and a sense of respect for others around you, while there are days like today when you lash out yourself.
While you didn't go as bad as haily when she created that collossal crapchute of a topic where she threw the finger at the majority of the community you would do well to learn from the experience all the same.  I don't know what happened to you today, but whatever it was, do your best to try and let it go!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-02-26 20:11:39

Nocturnus, that's the problem. This community likes to kick each other down, then kick each other while they're down. A lot of people on the forum nowadays have no concern for the damage they can cause with their words, so they'll just harp on a person until they get them out of the community. I've experienced it, and I've seen it happen to people time and time again. This is the absolute trash heap this community has become. This is what has become of the forum. It's not the same forum it was back when I started out in 2012, and sadly that's the reality we'll have to get used to. No, I'm not blaming the administrators for this; in fact I feel bad for them. Every single day, they have to come on here and deal with this bullshit. They not only have to see everything negative that goes down, but they also experience it first hand because a few vocal community members took it upon themselves to give the admin team hell for every little decision they make, one member of which is seeing a long ban sentence. A lot of the community is so fucking ungrateful for the things the admins are trying to do that it's not even funny. Oh, and don't even get me started on all the unauthorized forks. Now speaking to the rest of the community: do you people even see what you've done? Some of you think this place is so bad, but have you ever stopped just for 1 second and taken that time to see that maybe, just maybe, you're part of the bigger problem. At the end of the day, each and every one of you are responsible for what this forum becomes. When we've got chaos and flames left and right and this forum is no longer a friendly place to socialize, you can try to blame the admin team for your actions, but at the end of the day you have nobody else to blame other than yourselves.

TWITCH

2020-02-26 20:21:22

*yawn*. Another day, another drama. You know that the only evils here are those you guys bring. We could just stick to talking about games, developing games, and advocating for game accessibility... but nope. Someone inevitably has to start in the daily / weekly drama.
This could've been settled quietly via messages to the mods, having things explained and without anyone else needing to get involved. I realize some of you are younger, and so the attention and publicity is some form of validation... but really, guys. Can't we just stop all the woe is me type topics and get back to gaming?

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2020-02-26 20:51:20 (edited by defender 2020-02-26 20:58:00)

@Dan
My post was referring to his assertion that the mods were after him specifically, not about his account problem. it wasn't the first time he has said something like that recently, and I'm simply tired of it, Considering that he is causing all of his own problems with the mods anyway and was already recently unbanned.
you yourself have stated in the past how harmful you think unfounded anti-mod sentiment can be, And we don't need another Moonwalker situation.
I am a firm believer that as long as you can keep it pretty civil, it is sometimes necessary to be harsh with someone in order to get them to pause for a moment and take a close look at themselves.
I spoke from my point of you, but it was just as much about helping the forum as it was about my own annoyance, Better to explain to someone why everybody seems to be upset with them then to leave them in the dark and wondering. this type of intervention has definitely helped me before as well. although I do realize how harsh I sounded regardless, but expressing my opinion properly while at the same time being delicate has never been a very strong skill of mine. I tend to attack first, and then explain myself afterwards just like I am doing now.
@Jaidon
First I would like to say thank you for choosing to step back for a while, I understand that can be very hard, and I appreciate it.
Second of all, I should say that I am not criticizing you for trying to bring some humor to the forum, and I give you credit for trying to deal with your own bad situation using humor rather than purely anger, as so many others often do.
But after you realize that your humor was not going over well with people, and actually causing more drama, you decided to continue trying in the same way and then blaming the mods for the backlash you got. That is the real problem I have here.
even now you are still passive aggressively blaming us, and although I sympathize with your personal problems, it is ultimately your choice to take it out on the forum rather than trying to improve your situation in another way.
I hope to see you back here once your personal situation has improved, I always thought it was cool to have someone from Trinidad on the forum as you don't here about that country very much where I live.

2020-02-26 21:06:17 (edited by George_Gaylord 2020-02-26 21:10:06)

Explanation!
I said that I think Jayd is always looking for an excuse to ban me again. Here's why.
me. The forum had an uptick in drama when i was gone.
Jayd. AHA! How do you know! Lawrence wasn't here for the full 3 months! You must have had an alt! You must have!
Me. Hey mods. I hav some accounts I want you to delete.
Jayd. Aha! You admitted it! Oh wait. He didn't outright say he had an alt. I should probably ask him first.

Now, this could all be perfectlly harmless, like my first post, but to me athat's how it feels to me. People like simba and others always look to critise or get me warned as soon as I do something.

Me. You idiots ride on your high horses.
Simba. Personal attack! I'm gonna report you!
Simba. You bratty dimwited kid who should be gone again.

Why didn't I just ping the mods? My stupid cousin literally told Jayd I had other accounts I can use, and you can delete them. Jayd didn't read or respond.
I'm sorry about this, but I get annoyed very easily. I think I could use a little break from the forum.
@Nocturnous, how do I keep my head up? Because of people like you and Dan Gero. Plus, I have very little self-valuation based on people on the internet. While they may play a small role, I don't seek your praise, like 22 claim I do.
Now, Jayd, I think you're a damn good mod, however I think sometimes, you're personal opinions do critically affect you're moderation actions. Now, its not completely a bad thing, but let's look at two examples:
The post which you banned me for, and Haily's recent retaliation. WhileI can understand Haily's response, my post wasn't even an attack. It was a bloody example. Just saying. So, bye for now, maybe later on, I'll be able to release something for you people to actually enjoy. But knowing y'alls, because I release it, yule find any reason to attack the damn thing.

_____

2020-02-26 21:10:35 (edited by George_Gaylord 2020-02-26 21:12:12)

Defender, this is the first time I ever said that.
Yeah well, I think I sorta needed that shake up. I don't be a jerk on purpose, I just  try to look mature. I do a better job in person, than  I do in text.

_____