2020-02-19 13:56:30

Just when I use ctrl+left/right to read word by word, it repeats it many times. I saw this problem on Eclipse as well, though there was function to disable caret keys or smart keys don't remember now. What's the way to set up that I could read word by word as I should? Long time I just used NVDA's review cursor to read word by word and in many cases it's fine, but when I need to fix the specific text that I navigated to with review cursor, I can't do this because I don't know the shortcut that would move my imput cursor / caret to the current position of my review cursor. SOme thaughts?

2020-02-19 15:30:45

The shortcut is INS+NumStar on desktop and Ins+Shift+M on laptop

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-02-19 16:39:10

It moves mouse cursor, not the Caret.

2020-02-20 08:21:14

This does not solve a problem. If you use insert+ctrl+left/right arrow, you would move correctly word-by-word in PHPStorm on NVDA laptop keyboard. The problem I really have to move my focus to that review cursors place where I'm standing. Insert+shift+m only moves the mouse cursor to the place where my keyboard / input cursor is, not where the review cursor is.

2020-02-20 15:32:38

The shortcut is nvda+shift+backspace twice in quick succession like a double tap on an iPhone.
I've never used php storm my self, I never even use php. I use python with flasc and vs when I need to run of a quick server, so it never happen for me.
If it workes, please give me a thumsup lol.

2020-02-20 22:19:32

No, it doesn't work. By doing so it just repeats the line I'm currently on with review cursor, but does not move my caret to be there.

2020-02-20 22:31:21

No I solve this problem by forcing cursor review to track system caret and if I know I would need to check it word by word, I check that line with review cursor and if I mean to edit that, just move word by word using shift+ctrl+left/right arrow, that way cursor moves together, although I need to listen that selected thing all the time...

2020-02-20 22:34:38

Then that ide is not using a normal windows cursor, I didn't even know intentional inaccessibility could go that far, wander how it's even possible?

2020-02-20 22:59:14

Yeah, it happens and I hate it, because I must use that PHPStorm and I do so, but at what cost.