2020-02-16 07:38:14

As reported in This topic,  the old tradition of Sunday site updates are back.
This means that instead of site updates being made as and when myself and the other staff feel like it, we make an effort to make some updates every week and report on Sundays.
some weeks there may be a lot, some weeks just one game added or a bit of link cleanup, but either way, there will always be something done, this way the db will continually be improving, indeed it was this practice back in 2007 which saw the database grow from being about four years behind, to being fully uptodate with the then latest set of releases.
For more information, see aforesaid topic, and in the mean time, here is the first set of Sunday updates.

Updates by Dark.

Manamon 2: Entry and description.
Updated link for Crazy party.
Updated links, and significantly updated description for Beatstar pro.
Updated description and fixed links to Bgt, including a note about false positive virus flagging.
Fixed all page and download links for Lighttech interactive’s games from the audiogames archive since their website isn’t around anymore.

Dark defender: Entry and description.
Blind quest, the enchanted castle: Entry and description.
Updated pricing info for flarestar, plus removed Ios from platforms list as Ios version doesn’t seem to be around anymore.

Evelyn’s farm: entry, description and links.
Planet life: entry, description and links.
Changed name of blindfold barnyard to ears farmland as it is on the ap store.

Infini-crawl: entry, description and links.
Audio wizards: entry, description and links.

Fixed homepage and download links for freedom games, plus completely rewrote entry for freedom millionaire, and largely changed entry for Freedom wheel of fortune.

Changed license and platform information to reflect the fact that echoes from levia is now abandonware and freely available on Windows.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-02-16 21:17:39

@dark thank you for the great work you put into this. I said it before and I will say it again, without you the data base would never be updated since you seem to be the only one working on it.
I wonder then why are there so many said moderators, news posters and soon if they don't do their job? I know it is a voluntary job and noone gets paid for it but if you have chosen to take on the responsibility then man up and do your job guys or let others do it, I am sure there are dozens of people who would want to help in maintaining the data base.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2020-02-17 08:54:27 (edited by Dark 2020-02-17 08:55:40)

@mastodont, to an extent this is because adding more people is difficult and requires in put from Richard and Sander to link their forum accounts to the editing permissions.

At the moment we're looking at getting accounts of existing editors like Aaron and Pitermach fixed, and when those are done, hopefully we can see about recruiting some more people.

In particular, it'd be great to have someone who has access to Android.

As regards news posting, well I can't exactly say I've been too diligent in that myself either, mostly due to aforesaid personal circumstances and not really having the inclination, though you're correct that is something we need to get back to, since there have been lots of great releases and discoveries which really should have acknowledgements on the front of site.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-02-17 09:05:02

i have android so dark if you need something tell me.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2020-02-20 06:47:18

Good updates!
I also have been an android user going on 7 years now, so I would not have a problem writing Android game descriptions for those.

2020-02-22 13:32:47

Sander is currently fixing permissions for existing editors, once those are done, we can hopefully add in more people.