2020-02-16 16:29:42

Nev, the web masters say their busy people. So, thus, they are not available to do stuff. At least they pay for the sighte. Thank god.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-02-16 16:31:57

Oh for heaven's sake. Don't drag drama in here.

No, the Dark situation was and is no different. I don't care if he was head mod. I don't care if it was a big scandal. Because that's not all there is to it. Yes, it was scandalous, and yes, it was a problem, but many of you folks were like vultures on a corpse. Gleeful vultures. It was pretty disgusting to watch you systematically tear apart someone who, despite that mistake and a few others, had generally served the community well. That was what sparked us as a team to try and ask you to calm it down for awhile. It wasn't that we wanted you not to think or say bad things about Dark. We realized that plenty of outrage was understandable. The fact is, we wanted to minimize the damage and the echo-chamber atmosphere, because such things tend to run away with themselves and result in people posting things they're going to have a hard time taking back later. We tried asking you not to talk about it for a bit, and the forum lost its ever-loving mind over it.
So we learned a lesson. The forum can't handle it when we lock threads, so generally we don't unless we absolutely must.
Haily's leaving, and other people, will go away on its own. Hell, Sam's thread was considerably worse, and if any of you would care to look, we were talking about shutting that down, but several of you got very angry just at the prospect. Now, we didn't lock that thread,  don't think. It eventually petered out on its own, though it got far bigger and more heated than it needed to. Haily's thread, just by comparison, is less than half the size, and already appears to be dying, which, in my opinion, is a good thing.

So...yeah. With Liam here. Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-02-16 16:40:15

@26: I've offered to host site, forums and all, on a few different occasions if the people responsible for doing so were too busy to do so. They're too busy for that as well, it would seem. This place is lucky no one with either the means or the will to cause an actual problem cares about it. It's a security incident waiting to happen. As in, I sincerely hope no one here uses their AG password anywhere else, even if that password is 400000000000000000 characters long.

2020-02-16 22:09:21

Based on what I’ve seen over the past two years if I were them I would just stop paying for it and watch the forum go down. Just my opinion

2020-02-17 13:42:17

Or if worse comes to worse, do as Quannin says and start from scratch on another site. I mean, if you think about it, if it came down to that, we could back up the database entries into text files, come up with our own systems and go from there. Issue: we'd lose all of the forum discussions that ever took place. It would be like starting from absolute scratch on the forum front, probably. We're talking almost two decades worth now. This version of the forum started in 2005. It's now 2020.