2020-02-15 11:04:31

everyone knows that all of them are ending with aprox 2 3 warning per topic and constant streams of toxic environment
so why dont we avoid that one as a whole, warn those people that opens that sort of topic, if you want to leave, just fuck off in my apinion noone needs to know about it
they will figure it out sune bye themselves

2020-02-15 11:12:34

agreed.

2020-02-15 12:35:53

IMO, any topics that are obviously going to turn into something should get deleted as soon as they're found.

2020-02-15 16:45:58 (edited by George_Gaylord 2020-02-15 16:46:44)

The mods will never go for it. it seems as they don't like drastic measures.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-02-15 17:26:16

Depends on the nature of the post imo. "HALEY's" post could definitely be instalocked as it's very self-serving, she was supposed to leave but is still posting in there.

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:
https://discord.gg/2duutDtGFa

2020-02-15 18:41:28

You know a good idea wwwhich I think will chang the entire forum?
Just don't post in shitty topics like that. I know I caused a good bit of shit, not as much in the Sam tupy topic, but I was still very vocal. Lets just not put Pitch Oil on the fire.

_____

2020-02-15 18:43:34

There was one very level-headed one I saw a while back from someone, what was his name? Brad? I think he personally was fine and he doesn't deserve insta-lock.

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:

2020-02-15 19:21:11

Agree with Nev. Brad's post wasnt nearly as bad as haily's. Although Haily's topic was caused after the kettle overheated and reach 159 degrees C.

_____

2020-02-15 20:11:12

i agree with the last 2 here

2020-02-15 23:23:47 (edited by NevEd 2020-02-15 23:25:57)

I think in 90% of cases insta-banning shit that some people may not like is just a bad idea. Because then if it becomes a rule and someone genuinely has something constructive to say, they still "technically broke a rule." Which is stupid IMO. Problem is we can't have a completely drama free forum without some zero-tolerance stuff and I don't know if that's a slope we should go down.. We should just stop feeding the negativity, that way people can call attention to themselves and get it. And I say "we" including me because I, like some other on here i'm sure, have a low patience level for stupid bullshit, and sometimes, we try too hard to reason with people that don't have logic and reason anyway.

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:

2020-02-15 23:42:32

Jaidon Of the Caribbean wrote:

You know a good idea wwwhich I think will chang the entire forum?
Just don't post in shitty topics like that.

Dude, you posted in said topics yourself, including Hailys topic. If you can't even stick to your own principals, than post 6 is just garbage.

greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-02-15 23:51:42

Hi.

Take it with a grain of satire, but what if we would use the purge model? One day of the year it's no holds bard rule free action on here so the kids can power themselves out, the rest of the 364 days of the year, it's zero tolerance.

Back to the serious part, I also agree that closing those topics would be a good idea, generally a quicker reply of the mods regarding possibly flame topics would be quite nice to see.
I get their point, better wait up and see if the flames cool down, but in the time I've been on the forum and looked over those topics, I did notice that this was never the case and topics had to be eventually closed anyway.
So, possibly replying and closing down topics would help matters as well.

Greetings Moritz.

2020-02-16 01:35:59

What about a "hide topics" feature?

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:

2020-02-16 02:45:21

Yo simba!
Take a look at my new signature! Yes I've posted in those topics, but I only post in them because I see bullshit posts, like you claim post 6 is.
Dont you think I'm fully aware that I posted in that topic? Do you think I have short memory or do you think I'm just so illiterate and childish I forgot?
Why do you lways discredit me? What have I done to you in the past Simba? I like it when people tell me what I done to them and their reasons for not liking me.

_____

2020-02-16 02:47:39

The problem with that Nev is the mods don't really have access to the pannel to add new features. The head Admins made things a bit complicated, otherwise this  forum would have as much features as punBB supports. smile

_____

2020-02-16 03:25:44

@14 I wouldn't keep that signature my dude, you sound like the exact opposite as you're saying. A dead giveaway is that it's your signature. Just some friendly advice. You're a little younger too. Chill out and relax a bit, man

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:

2020-02-16 03:26:44

@15 Well, no offense, but where are the head admins anyway? It's not me trying to be a prick, I'm just asking. Because it's not march of '05 anymore

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:

2020-02-16 04:10:20

Funny thing is, if I'd stepped in and locked that thread far earlier, I bet some of you would be angry that I was taking away your freedom of speech.
Ever since we locked threads regarding the whole Dark situation, when people were just feeding the fire and generally spitting on the guy, and that resulted in a shitstorm, we've definitely been more hesitant about doing so again, largely because the community has proven that it can't handle being told to stay out/stop talking about something. It gets all twisted up and suddenly becomes a free-speech issue.
So yes, we do lock stuff when it is needed, but not without very good reason.

And I just want you folks to be aware, for some of you at least, that when you're asking for us to lock a thread, what you're really saying isn't that you want the people wishing to leave to be silenced and denied the drama. You're also trying to get us to protect you from yourselves. Here's a novel idea. The next time you see a thread where someone is leaving, whether they're doing it courteously or not, just nope the hell out and go do something else? Because yes, part of the problem is definitely people who want attention or can't seem to make up their mind. But I'd argue that a greater part of the problem are the people who can't let shit go and can't depart without getting the last word.

So yeah. I'm not really taking this too seriously at this point. How about using your freedom of speech and protecting yourselves from yourselves a little.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-02-16 05:10:33

@18 I agree. I'll even admit I'm guilty of jumping on threads when I see a bullshit post, so tp speak. I'm not really down with the idea of just straight up "locking" stuff. I'm sure it's difficult for you guys to manage it all because no matter how good or cool lots of people in here are, it's always the loud assholes that create reasons for new rules to be put in place that may inadvertently affect the rest of us in a negative way.

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:

2020-02-16 05:26:11

Its like I say. we're damned if we do and damned if we don't.
if we lock a thread we're apparently limiting people's free speech, but then if we don't lock a thread we're apparently not controlling flame wars.
GRRR.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-02-16 05:48:06

This is why I feel that those who can't make up their mind should just be allowed to duke it out. If only a hide topics feature could be added to the forum...

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:

2020-02-16 06:06:11

Hi.
@21 yeah that would be a good idea, thing is, the webmasters who could put this in aren't really responsive to put it lightly so I think we can wait millennia for this.

At Jayde yes, i get your point in beeing hesitant to close topics so quickly, but I would rate the Dark and this situation abit differently.
With dark, this was an all out forum skandal, with Dark beeing the head mod for more than a decade at that point.
This one here is just plain atention seeking and drama starting topic madness which, at least in my opinion doesn't hold any value to be honest. Looking at the off topic room right now, this beeing 5:03 o clock UTC plus 1 central european time, we have 5 topics sitting on the first page which are either "I'm leaving" or the unteenth apologys threat.
This for me again brings in the outside representation we discussed in another topic a few days ago, if developers for example the mess that this comunity is in currently, I don't think that their interet in the blind comunity is suddenly not there anymore.

I
'm not starting to star a flame war against the mods, this is jjust my opinion and how I see things.

Greetings Moritz.

2020-02-16 06:32:03

Pretty ridiculous how the webmmasters don't even respond to something regarding their own website. If they were gonna abandon it, they should've handed the server credentials or whatever to someone trustworthy

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:

2020-02-16 11:50:16

Hi.

@14 ok, the thing I have against yu?
you are an anoying little brad who's nothing better to do than to lurk around the forums, anoy the hel out of 90 percent of active forum members, starts up random topics and always plays the, this is not what it sounded like card, seams that you like to hide your personal attacks and random bullshit behind your, oh, it's just satire atitude.

You are just some dimwhitted kid who really should be gone again.

There, you asked, you got your answer.

Greetings Moritz

2020-02-16 16:28:54 (edited by George_Gaylord 2020-02-16 17:16:07)

I mean, when did I ever do that?
Simba, I'm sorry you feel that way. I think if you met me in person you wouldn't think that way. I try relly hard not to come across in that mannor. Still though, you constantly act like all my posts are just the ramblings of a 2 year old. Even Jayd, has admitted i say some intelligent things. Do I post childish and immature shitty posts, yes I do. Are all my posts like that? Hell no. And I still want to know, why do you think I'm dim-witted? Do you think its because you're older? Had a girl who you really loved,then lost her? When to all sorts of parties, drank alchahol and had a hangover the next day? Going to a job interview, having to full out a job application and a resume and the hr officer says, You start on Monday, in a German accent?
Where was I going with all that? Do you think all kids are idiotic fools who are incapable of simple tasks? Well, if you don't like me because of that, I'm sorry for your own kids. Hell, I'm sorry for you, because at one point, you were one as well.
And this is my longest post. Wow. I think you're the only person on this forum who so strongly dislikes me and only sees the bad side. I know a lot of you dislike me but even the others still see the good.

_____