2020-02-11 05:21:38

Hello All,

Reviving a blast from the past, there is now a server running for Three-D-Velocity and Road to Rage!

No, these are not running from some home-based computer - they are running on a cloud platform and the intent is to keep them up permanently.

If they are enjoyed, they will stick around.  If they are not used or abused, they will be brought down.

There is no affiliation with either author for these games.  This is simply an attempt to provide a centralized and reliable playing environment which people can enjoy.

There is a Teamtalk server at kozmosoft.net port:  10300 with dedicated rooms for each respective game.  Please note, no this is not the default Teamtalk port!

You can download Three-D-Velocity at:  https://github.com/munawarb/Three-D-Velocity

Yes, it is free and open-source.

It appears that there is some active development being done on this game so please download the latest version.

You can connect to the game server at:  142.11.217.2

For Road to Rage you can download it at:  https://www.iamtalon.me/the-road-to-rage/

Again, you can connect to the game server at:  142.11.217.2 Port:  6789

This project appears to be abandoned, however the game and server are working.

There may be an actual domain assigned eventually to this server depending on whether this is successful.

Problems, questions or suggestions?  Please contact here.

Enjoy.

Thumbs up +1

2020-02-11 05:31:11

Think this should be in Genral Games.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

Thumbs up

2020-02-11 06:28:52

yeah, since it' not a new release, even if it brings new possibility

It is not strength or talent, but courage and persistance that bring reward and happiness.
-Rory Michie, 2020

2020-02-11 07:49:05

I mean, it's bringing hopefully new life to old games, so I can see why. That's really cool though! I don't play those games, but I know people who do, and the lack of a central server really has been a problem. From what I've heard, anyways.
So thanks for doing this!

Generic signature

Thumbs up

2020-02-11 07:55:45

good

Thumbs up

2020-02-11 08:01:24

Wherever this thread ends up, spread the word!

2020-02-11 12:12:54

Hi,
Sounds nice, especially because most of the current TDV servers seem to be down most of the time.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian
BTW, give me a thumbs up if you like my Posts!

Thumbs up

2020-02-11 14:09:36

hello
the server is down?

Thumbs up

2020-02-11 14:33:54

cool realy cool i want a trtr server since years

What do you call a deer with no eyes?
No idear.

Thumbs up

2020-02-11 17:18:40

Thanks, this will come in handy.

To be my friend, you must spin around, oscillate around my head, flip flop and fleep across my room, rotate vertically in mid air, bark like a doggy, bleet like a goat, nay like a horse, honk like a donkey, oink like a pig, bawk like a chicken, pop like a balloon, jump like a monkey, fall diagonally like a bird, spin cylindrically like a tornado, and finally drop onto the ground.

2020-02-11 18:44:53

Hello, thank you for this server. I do not know if there is a possibility of
including characters not player history of training when we are alone onthe server. It's a shame that this game is so little visited because I find
that the latest version of this FPS has a very good sound andvery good sound effects..

Thumbs up

2020-02-11 19:17:12

Moderation!
I'm moving the topic to general, but I'm also including a redirect topic in new releases, so that whichever one people will click, it'll take them to the right place, so it will still be able to be discussed.

Thumbs up

2020-02-12 17:09:46

Hi guys!
I downloaded rtr, but when I open the game, after the introduction, the game closes.
Wath can I do to connect to the server?

Thumbs up

2020-02-12 17:17:54

Hello,
The game is acting a bit wierd. Sometimes the issue you mention happens but sometimes I can get in normally. I guess it's because dragonapps.org, the game's original website went down.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2020-02-12 21:51:55

This really is cool! Since i can't host my own servers because i don't have upnp in my router, this is cool. I wonder if there is an accessible and free port opening software, which doesn't require upnp.

Best regards: Marco

Thumbs up

2020-02-14 15:41:28

hey, i'll go on rtr if anyone wants to play with me

Thumbs up

2020-02-14 16:46:17

Some clarification since I've already been contacted about this by some members of this forum. No, this user has nothing to do with me or with CJM productions. Just thought I'd clear that up.

War is peace
freedom is slavery
ignorance is strength.

Thumbs up

2020-02-14 17:58:33

cjm, please help cjm productions to host bb smile I can't connect!

Thumbs up

2020-02-14 23:10:09

A bit off-topic here, but before Charlie died, wasn't that his game making name? Just asking. Now, I'll check this out...

The meaning of life is, for you to define your own meaning of life. Find your own purpose, your own path, sing your own song, dance to your own beat, dream your dreams, live your life.
Dont answer ignorance with more ignorance. Dont hate someone who hates you. By you returning the same treatement to them, your just as stupid, and as cruel as the person.

Thumbs up

2020-02-14 23:15:54

Sorry. I didnt read through the topic. Before you get out your hate jaidon machine guns with anti-jaidon ammo, I'm sorry. Anyways, I think this user was here before Charlie so, technically, we should be pointing the fingers at Haily, not CJM.

The meaning of life is, for you to define your own meaning of life. Find your own purpose, your own path, sing your own song, dance to your own beat, dream your dreams, live your life.
Dont answer ignorance with more ignorance. Dont hate someone who hates you. By you returning the same treatement to them, your just as stupid, and as cruel as the person.

Thumbs up

2020-02-15 01:38:46

Hi all, firstly sorry to the admins for the trouble moving this topic, it was not intended.  Secondly I've discovered that Three-D-Velocity's server will happily run as a service, but Road to Rage is not so cooperative. I have a solution to this but probably won't have it implemented until later. I've noticed that some of the custom maps don't seem to have all the right components available to use, so I'm removing them as I find them. If anyone can't connect, please post here with the date and time of your attempt, as well as any error message returned so I can resolve the issue. Lastly no I am not anyone else on here nor have I ever been, so there is no confusion on that.

Thumbs up

2020-02-15 03:47:13

Regarding the prior post about running a Bloodbath server, I'm certainly open to discussing that with one of their representatives, and no the username choice of CJM is just an unfortunate coincidence, but if one of the reps from CJM Productions or whoever is interested in me helping them host a server they can privately message me and we can discuss the matter.  smile Also to those who are finding they cannot connect, I have confirmed that the server is online, my best suggestions is to make sure that your router and or firewall is allowing you to connect through port 6789.

Thumbs up

2020-02-22 17:08:12 (edited by burak 2020-02-22 17:08:31)

Hello,
Which map package do you use? The game freezes on checking map for me.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page