2020-02-14 22:05:26

I've edited my post to not include a direct link. Seriously not cool on the word censoring though. I know I've said this before, possibly in this very topic, but stopping words from being used is, well, very low to say the least. It's pretty sad we now have to edit our posts just to get around the childish whims of the moderators, or rather one moderator in particular who's name I shouldn't even need to mention.

2020-02-14 22:15:02

Yep, officially out. Get it from nvdaremote.com

2020-02-14 22:51:31

Anyone else think Eloquence should just be sold for $5? And I mean, the files for it? It's an old synth that's still preferred by a lot of us, including me, and it's not like it's Google's crazy voice synth that sounds nearly indistinguishable from a human voice. I know I'm not the license holders, someone's gonna probably say i'm "entitled" blah blah blah, I don't care about all that. I'd happily pay $5 to have the files and just put 'em on a disk or something so I never need to buy it again

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:
https://discord.gg/2duutDtGFa

2020-02-14 23:52:24

If the IBM TTS voice is being sold for 5 dollars on Linux, then it could theoretically be sold on
Windows for that price.

2020-02-15 00:51:49

@127 appreciate it

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.

2020-02-15 05:11:37

Is there an updated version of the Translate addon?

Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.

2020-02-25 06:11:20

When I try to load the IBM/Eloquence tts synth I got an error message and doesn't load. I tryed to doo all the steps you gave, but no loock. After ffinding the log it says that the voice key 4294967295 isn't found. Or did I missed some other step?

73 Wj3u

2020-02-25 15:53:56

Hi.

@electro, I sent you a PM.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-04-15 23:37:55

Hi.
Sorry for reviving this topic, but I have the same problem as some of the others on here. I can't load the IBM sinth. I've done all the steps including copying the ECI.dll file and copying all the voice files in to the IBM sinth driver folder. I Put my ECI.dll file in my downloads folder if that makes any difference. After all this, the damn sinthisizer still would not load. I would be very greatful if someone could help me, or at least give me some suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong. I can't stand the thought of no elequence.

Thanks.

fantasy world creationist

2020-04-15 23:59:37

Where did you get your IBM from if you don't mind me asking?

2020-04-16 00:05:21

Hi.

I got it from https://github.com/davidacm/NVDA-IBMTTS-Driver. Could that be the issue?

Thanks.

2020-04-16 00:13:24

@darkblade 98: What program did you purchase that comes with an ETI Eloquence binary? If it's the Kurzweil1000, I know for sure your Eloquqnece dirver needs to be directed to Kurzweil's intsallation path, you should not copy the library into the addon folder.

2020-04-16 00:31:53

Hi.

I may get some hell for this but my elequence files were from the nvda addon found at the repository.

Thanks.

2020-04-16 01:50:08

Hmm. You probably have a version that isn't compiled. Check your PM I'm going to send you something

2020-04-16 02:22:47

Hi.

got your dm and sent a reply. we really need a better pm system.

Thanks.

2020-04-16 12:54:22

Hi,
You can get the python3 compatible Eloquence here that doesn't require the IBM add-on. I think the crashes people were originally getting was because Jeff's repo doesn't have the latest Eloq driver. Download it directly from Github: https://github.com/pumper42nickel/eloqu … ses/latest

I've been using this version for a little over a month now and it runs well.

Re: Hell, haha most people who'll point fingers at you are running this version themselves.

2020-04-16 15:00:02

OK, so I've got a working copy of the IMB TTS add-on for NVDA with Eloquence. The only problem is that it reports some symbols incorrectly and nothing I've found suggests that this should happen. For example, n dash reports as a circumflex Euro. How can I fix this?

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2020-04-16 15:08:11

Hi,
This was one of the reasons I dumped the IBM TTS thing and switched to Python3 Eloquence. The IBM driver is terrible. It doesn't even report commas properly.

2020-04-16 15:44:48 (edited by jack 2020-04-16 15:45:51)

Lol. For whatever reason my ibm works fine, and I thought they updated it to fix all of its original bugs from earlier. Itwill perform better when they completely due away with all the leftover python2 code they have because of 2019.2.1 usage. Though it isn't just because of me actually owning a licensed Kurzweil1000 that I keep bringing it up, it's the only commercial package I know of that actually has an open IBM library that isn't bound to it specifically, i.e. sapi4 compliant, similar to how the Dectalk api was open for use by screen-readers when they used to ship Dectalk with it. There has to be a cheaper package around somewhere that actually has one, indeed there's Robert Betz's games if those were still around, which by the way were some good games for their time.

2020-04-16 16:26:06 (edited by Minionslayer 2020-04-16 16:34:59)

@Munawar, I'd agree with you except the Python 3 version has the same issue. In fact, so does the SAPI 4 version of Eloquence I have. The only version that didn't have this issue was Code Factories so I'm wandering if I can change this? I'm not even sure how this started as it didn't used to happen. My gut's telling me it had something to do with NVDA 2019 but again I can't pinpoint it.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2020-04-16 16:56:18

No. This is related to unicode and app locale issues. Go to your control panel, then region, and on the administrative tab choose change system locale. Make sure it is set to English US. If it is, also make sure that you did not enable the UTF 8 beta support in that same dialog. If you did, disable it, restart your PC and Eloquence should read all simbols correctly again. Note: The system locale setting may work with other languages Eloquence supports too, but as I don't speak anything else that's something someone else would have to confirm.

2020-04-16 17:50:59 (edited by Minionslayer 2020-04-16 18:04:15)

@nidza07 OMGOMG thank you soo much. Now I don't have to go crazy! And sorry for writing like an insane child.
Edit: Odd. After disabling the UTF8 option, it re-enables. From what I can see, it won't turn off.
Edit 2: English UK works for this and I have fixed the issue. Note that the UTF8 option looked like it wasn't disabling because it seems to re-enable after any key has been pressed aside from enter (which will click OK).

2020-04-16 23:19:23

Hi.

Thanks, everyone. It looks to be working fine now. I ended up using the latest pithon3 elequence

Thank you!

2020-04-16 23:36:08

I'm using the IBM TTS myself and it seems to work fine as well.

Discord: clemchowder633

2020-04-17 10:27:48

yeah i have been using this one since nvda's been updated.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.