2020-01-28 20:12:54

Hi,
I've seen a lot of people on the forum with great ideas for new games, but a lot of developers seem to only stick to help those who work closely with them, so I wanted to address this.
If you need server space for a game, want to convert a BGT game to python but are not sure where to start, IMS Productions will work with you!
https://ims-productions.com/dev.php

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2020-01-29 18:08:04 (edited by amerikranian 2020-01-29 18:08:49)

I am sorry, but no. Here is why.
These two lines raise the following questions:
Test security and vulnerabilities in online games, along with tips on improving security.
How do you know what constitutes an improvement to security? How do I know that you can be trusted and that you know what you are doing?
Host your own multiplayer server for games in your own secure sandboxed environment.
Hate to point fingers but, if you can do that, why not help out Bloodbath and give it a stable server?
You do not give any price ranges for your work. How do I know that I am being charged the same as everyone else? What raises and lowers the price of your services? As a customer I would like to know how much I am going to spend before our first encounter.
Where are some examples of your code? How do I know that you know what you are doing and can accomplish the task I am paying you for?
Combine that with your tendency to leave projects at a moment's notice, yeh no. I will give it a pass.

2020-01-29 19:26:18

Well, to be fair, if you hire a organization or someone to do work for you you don't pay by a fixed value usually. You'll tell them exactly what you want and get a file telling you how much you'll have to pay, without you being able to know what others pay for the same or similar service. On the other hand you are free to ask multiple organizations and/or people for an offer and decide upon the best for you. Thats how it usually goes in business to business interactions.
That doesn't change the fact that your page simply doesn't look confidence-inspiring. But I guess its ment to address the newbies and youngsters here, but then again, they are not allowed to sign contracts hence pay you for doing anything except they ask their parents to allow it, and they probably won't due to the limited information about you and your work on your page.
Well, lets see if anything happens, now that the page is up smile.

2020-01-30 03:40:28

That is fair, but I, don't know. We are talking about somebody who is not an organization and who has a somewhat shaky reputation when it comes to this. Put it another way, if Liam was to offer his services for this, I would be inclined to at least check him out if not hire him, simply because of his consistency in delivering on what is promised and following projects through to their conclusion.
I totally get your point, though.

2020-01-30 08:19:36

i AGREE WITH POST TWO

2020-01-30 14:34:35 (edited by ivan_soto 2020-01-30 14:35:22)

Hi there,
I have contributed to a number of projects, Bloodbath, SBP, etc.
I also help on the sidelines sometimes and do what I did 4 years ago for people and tell them how to fix things. In other words, I try to take what I learn from seeing exploits online, my own playing around with games, and apply it to good use.
I released a BGT scoreboard as opensourced last year under my github page which can be found on my website.

Ivan M. Soto.

2020-01-30 14:37:49

When I've anted various cusotm things done, I can't just get a menu of prices. I usually have t contact a company for a quote. That's how business works a lot of times. Not everything is cookie cutter.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-01-30 18:00:32

@6, then the title of the topic and the content of the post needs to be reworded. You offer your services to convert BGT games to Python, which is different from assisting with BGT games themselves. Personally, I would highly suggest releasing a couple of Python projects varying in their complexity. Doing so will allow you to showcase your skills and increase the likelihood of somebody putting faith in your knowledge. Right now, you only show your grasp of BGT, which only proves you can deal with BGT products.

2020-01-30 20:02:37

@americranian, I suppose there's always PM, but I agree there should probably more, possibly open source as well so people actually know what kind of programmer they're looking at.

2020-01-30 20:47:08

Yes. Open source would have to be a must for these.

2020-01-30 23:00:06

Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-01-31 16:26:07

Yes, indeed, some more information, such as what you have worked with, if you are certified or took any courses on things etc. But examples are what trump everything.
I personally will not consider using anything from that page without good proof that you can actually do anything, and I can trust your servers.

||||||||||
Dying Moose: Web Designer, Back End Designer, Sound Designer.
Galaxy stranger:
A spherical, black coloured ship descends to the surface. A small baby moose wanders up to it. As the moosling is about 10 meters, a red laser shoots out of the ship, punching a hole in the center of the moose. We hear a squeak and a thump as our view fades to black.

2020-01-31 17:34:16

Yes, I agree with @2.

2020-02-01 06:04:13 (edited by Patrick 2020-02-01 06:07:38)

I personally think this is a good idea, but the lack of information kind of makes me wonder.
How do you "sandbox" your environment, and how can we prove it is secure?
What choice of operating systems do we have to use? Must we learn Linux (if we do not know it already) or do we just use Windows Server?
Sure you can negotiate a cost, but is there a starting cost? Can you provide examples of what some might be?
Obviously it would depend highly of what you would like done.
These are all things you should consider putting on your page so that we know how it works, because the lack of information makes me wonder.
Thank you.

2020-02-01 14:06:35

Patrick, these are some good ideas. I will update the page later.

Ivan M. Soto.

2020-02-14 21:31:43

Hi all, i can recommend IMS productions's service. I asked for a game engine, and he agreed on making it for me. I must say that the engine works well. The pricing is not that bad, every thing works verry well! It is verry great service. You would not regret the decision at all!

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2020-02-15 01:26:05

A game engine other than Lucia, which he already worked on?
Sounds like an easy cashgrab here big_smile.

2020-02-15 02:14:40 (edited by ivan_soto 2020-02-15 02:15:53)

Lucia is a helper, a game engine is a template for a game. As far as I know, please correct me if I'm wrong, Lucia doesn't have maps, and it doesn't have a class for weapons, levels, etc.

Ivan M. Soto.

2020-02-15 05:54:34

Is bm open sourced?

Best regards: Marco

2020-02-15 06:02:59

Hey, pretty neat that somebody actually took the time to invest in this. I’m glad that the services are satisfactory.  Out of curiosity, could you provide us with The exact qualifications for the services and the price that you were asked for?  The second part is not necessary, but I would be curious as to the former to see what you actually paid for.
Also, what language was this in?

2020-02-15 12:22:46 (edited by Hijacker 2020-02-15 12:23:48)

No, a game engine is not a template of a game. A game engine is simply a bundle with all the functionalities you require to build a game yourself, with as few other dependencies as possible. It should however cover the basics, means audio and video, joystick/gamepad control as well as keyboard input, scenes/sprites (if visual), collision/physics and so on. A game engine might even provide more than that, like external tools which help you organizing your assets, importing dedicated files and such. Lucia tends to go into that direction, although it doesn't cover all of that (yet). A game template is... well, a game template smile.

2020-04-15 00:11:19

Hi there,
just wanted to bump this topic up to remind people that services are still in operation and I have more time with being stuck at home all the time now.
thanks

Ivan M. Soto.

2020-04-22 07:15:04

This site can’t be reached
bw-studios.ddns.net’s server IP address could not be found.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-04-22 09:52:24

2020-04-22 10:55:44

This domain is registered at
Namecheap
This domain was recently registered at Namecheap. Please check back later!