2020-02-14 19:59:09

Hi folks.
So, I purchased worldsmith in late 2016 I think.
I would really like to get it back as I thought it was quite fun.
We don't have the link anymore, it was removed from the email address used for some reason.
If anyone knows of a way to contact the dev to get my copy, or even if you have the game, please contact me.
I'm not deliberately asking for a crack here, I just really want my copy back.
Again, if anyone knows of a way to contact the dev, please help?
On another note, are there any downloadable free text open world games?
Also, are there any that don't run in a browser?

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2020-02-14 20:33:32

The game is now available on Itch.io and can be found Here

the itch.io page lists it as a free download, but whether this is just the first part of the game or not i'm not sure.
I've actually been considering trying this one recently, since whilst i largely gave up on parser based if after most games I tried ended with a frustrating "I don't know how to put" type of guess the verb situation, it sounded as if this one was a little different.

As to other open world text games, I've got great hopes for Fara if the dev fixes the navigation problem, though that one does play in a browser.

It'd also be good if someone with access to redit could contact the level 13 dev about fixes for the in game mouseovers, since a randomly generating exploration based incremental text rpg meets interactive story sounds awesome.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-02-14 20:54:08

Thanks dark.
Does phara still have those problems?
Also, worldsmith is quite different.
I recommend you give this game a try.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2020-02-14 20:55:35 (edited by Dark 2020-02-14 20:55:57)

Fara hasn't had any fixes as yet, though the dev said he'd bare the fixes in mind for the next version.

I have been thinking of trying worldsmith out since the premise did sound rather interesting and not like standard if.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)