2020-02-11 22:30:48

I made a video about that. You can watch it on my youtube. A sub would be nice just saing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aao7DCE6Vxg&t=102s

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2020-02-11 23:38:23

Hi,
thanks for that, after running all the updates it now works.

2020-02-12 01:13:19

Hi,
sorry for double posting, but I have the next problem now.
I made an account on ztranslate and copied my key into the cfg file for retroarch, at the right place of course. But when I press my hotkey for the AI the narrator keeps telling me there was no text found, even though I know there is text on the screen, like menus and such.
Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

2020-02-12 12:00:28

Try setting retroarch in fullscreen. Go to video and fullscreen and turn off vindowd fullscreen and enable start in fullscreen

2020-02-12 13:20:16

hello
maybe you have screen curtain enabled?

let's rock!

2020-02-12 14:06:38

Screen curten doesn't effect retro arch. I have it on all the time and I can still use the AI service feature.

"Snake, don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person than just having a stereo television."

2020-02-12 20:06:48

can someone please help me with installing cors and games?

2020-02-12 23:55:28

Hi,
well, I tried fullscreen mode, but still no text found when I try to use the AI. I really don't know what the problem might be.
And another problem, in Wii games, my configured controler doesn't work for some reason. No matter what I press, the game doesn't react. But for GBA for example, it works fine.
Any help with these problems would be great, I'm kind of stuck with this right now.
Thanks in advance.

2020-02-13 11:54:10

launche a wii game. Then open the quick menu. Then go to controlers. Then go to port 1. then device type. and press right to select wiimote. I hope this helps

2020-02-13 18:28:59

Hi,
thanks, the controller now works for wii games.
And I found out why the AI doesn't recognize any text for me, the game screen is just a bunch of collored dots. It just doesn't display correctly at all. The problem is, I changed nothing about the default video settings and have no idea what to do about this.
So, if anyone has any experience with video settings in there or maybe knows where I could ask for help elsewhere, that would be great.
Thanks
Tikki

2020-02-13 18:42:22

Hey. Retro arches speech is so slow. Does anyone have a fix. For an example when I press the down arrow retro arch says after 5 or so seconds: load content. This is reaaallly bugging me. I'm using windows. RA works fine on mac though.
thanks.

"Snake, don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person than just having a stereo television."

2020-02-13 19:46:23

I do not have a fix for you. It runs slow on my windows computer also. I have never tested it on a Mac, as I do not have one. All we can do is wait until they have addressed the issue. I know they know about it, as an issue about it was posted on Github. Sorry I could not give you better news.

Phoenix

2020-02-13 23:05:37

A fix will come for windows. This is still not the big news.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-02-14 02:01:25

if you build from source from barry's github fork that fixes it.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-02-28 09:08:11

Hi.

So, I have given disidia a little wirl for now and dang, this thing is awesome to say the least, no more simple menu selection and enter smashing gameplay.
I'll try out more on the weekend.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-02-28 12:03:00

@simba, which dissidia game are you playing? if it's the first one, it's very playable, but if it's the prequel game, there are lots of places where you have to go from gateway to gateway through a world map, which is doable but you need lots of patience to enter each gateway, especially in areas where there are 2 types of gateways that you can enter.
other than that, it's pretty much the same like the first game, with some new things like character assist and skill chains.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2020-02-29 10:00:10

Skill chains? One can do that in the original. I've not written a guide for that, but if you get to a high enough level, you'll find lone skills in your… HP list I think? Besides the slots.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-03-25 15:47:30

Hello everyone,

I have a strange problem with RetroArch. I managed to turn the accessibility mode on, and I exited the program to explore it from the beginning.
And then, when I open it, it says accessibility mode on, main menu load core, but when I move around using the arrows I hear only help, exit RetroArch, information, and so on... When I try to go left or right, it says nothing, and I can't go out of this part of the program.
Also, there's a really long lag before the narrator speaks when I hit a key.

If it's important, I'm using NVDA, and it's the RetroArch version 1.8.5.

Thank you in advance for your answers, have a nice day!

Rubyel

2020-03-25 16:40:21 (edited by arturminyazev 2020-03-25 16:41:00)

hello
you can't use left and right arrows because from version 1.8.5 default menu driver changed from xmb to Ozone i think, and i don't know how to move between categories now, try to change driver in retroarch cfg config file.
and yes, its normal that you have big lags before narrator's speech

let's rock!

2020-03-25 17:23:03

Ok thank you for the tip. But in this case, can I find the version 1.8.2 somewhere? It's the version used for the guide on how getting started with RetroArch. Maybe it would be easier.

Rubyel

2020-03-25 18:00:12

I just helped someone set this up. Ozone has a sidebar that you can get to if you move to the left off of the menu or by backing out with backspace. The problem is that the narration doesn't speak there, but you can navigate through the tabs if you could.

So to change the theme back without editing the configuration, when Retroarch starts and you're in the main menu, press backspace, go down once and press enter. This should put you in the settings and you can navigate to drivers and change the menu from there

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2020-03-25 19:06:05

Hi friends! I made account on ztranslate, with adding URL in config file of retro arch. and also I have configured my hot key as G Key but, no luck with AI service.
what should I do?
thanks in advance.

2020-03-25 20:21:28

The Retroarch developers have been made aware of the Ozone bug. For now, if you're new, and can't get help, just use version 1.8.4.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-03-26 05:13:58

Devin.

Has the big news been reveal yet?

2020-03-26 06:29:42

Hi! I have tried everything, I am using VG translate for AI service but, I don't know how to properly configure it in retro arch.
my Hot key is simply just not working.