2019-10-13 08:05:26 (edited by zakc93 2019-10-13 08:07:00)

I managed to finish the game, a bit confused since I seem not to have used several of the things I picked up, and not sure what the machine was supposed to do exactly except give you you're way out, so might have missed some stuff. I think the automatic combat is fine as it is. At some points I could learn skills I already have, and when I did I would have two of that skill rather than the skill improving as I thought, so not sure if that's a bug. Also not sure if anything specific is supposed to happen when you lose a fight, but I got destroyed by a goblin and could just keep on playing as normal. Like others have said, an option to disable the built-in sapi text to speech would be nice for those of us who prefer to use our scree readers. I would use sapi if I could set it to my voice of choice, but not sure how to do that. Having something to give you a bit of info about skills you have would be nice, just a basic description like you get before learning it and how much skill points it requires. Another thing I think might be useful would be more specific commands, for example one to only list the connecting rooms, only items that can be picked up and only enemies, so that you can repeat a specific bit of information without everything (but the general command to list everything would still be useful to have around though). And then something to give you a bit of info on an enemy, because at the moment there's no way to know if you can take an enemy unless you try for the first time and get an idea of how powerful it is (unless it's supposed to be this way). Since this is a text game sounds are really not essential, of course they could add atmosphere but rather focus on the game itself first, the cosmetic stuff could always come later.
Oh and you would get a lot more attention if you posted this to the new releases room, not a lot of people on this forum really check the developers room.

2019-10-14 03:00:59

@51 thanks for the feedback. Were the mechanics or actual gameplay elements fun? Fun enough that you would seriously consider playing a full version of this game?

Join the Games for Blind Gamers community Discord, and help us create better games for blind gamers! Your feedback could really help! Click here to join!

2019-10-16 10:38:45

Yes definitely, I like this type of game. It might be a bit more interesting if you kind of had an idea what you are supposed to look for, or at least what you should build, instead of just trying the work bench every time you've picked up a few things to see if something happens. Another thing I forgot to mention, with regard to moving to the different rooms, instead of using direction commands like in muds, maybe you could assign rooms on a floor to numbers? So on a particular floor you could have the eagle room as 1, the lion room as 2, monkey room as 3 etc, and on the next floor the numbers would be assigned to different rooms. Then instead of remembering the room names you could use the number to go to that particular room. I think that might make navigation easier without creating directional links between the rooms.

2019-10-22 06:11:32

No, don't do real-time combat if you don't want to do it.
It's fine without real-time combat, but it took a couple seconds for me to realize it wasn't real-time.

2019-11-25 10:37:34

Has this been abandoned?

2020-02-12 00:20:47

@55 yes. For personal reasons, I stopped working on this. If I remember correctly, I didn't find the gameplay that interesting/compelling, and I got really stuck on making it fun plus the theme.  If you really feel strongly about me continuing, let me know. I also thought there are enough blind gamers making cool games for other blind gamers, so my project wasn't that worthwhile (since it wasn't that good).

Let me know if you disagree. I see an opportunity to work on this shortly, and it might be worth it if a lot of people are still interested in it.

Join the Games for Blind Gamers community Discord, and help us create better games for blind gamers! Your feedback could really help! Click here to join!

2020-02-12 07:11:49

Well I personally liked the concept, but of course if you don't enjoy working on this I understand why you don't continue. There aren't that many games for blind gamers though, so more is always welcome.

2020-02-12 19:28:04 (edited by Nightblade 2020-02-15 21:59:48)

I went through all the posts again and so far it looks like only two people actually tried it and gave feedback, @54 and @57. I guess I was expecting more responses, and at least some negative ones that it's not really fun or interesting. I don't expect a lot more people will try it now, given that not many people tried it to begin with.

Since it looks like the two of you are interested and willing to give frequent feedback and suggestions, which is the thing I need most, I will put this on the list. I'm not guaranteeing that I'll work on it, but I'll seriously consider it.

2020-02-12 21:38:13

Don't give up though.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216