2020-02-11 23:05:05

Is itpossible to use the Mac Alex voice with windows 10? thanks!

2020-02-11 23:08:27

yes bud you need a real mac for it there is a bridge adon vor nvda bud you need a real mac to get this to work

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2020-02-12 00:33:39

Hi,
Mind sharing a link to where this addon can be gotten from? I've heard references to it over the years, but doing some quick searches doesn't yield anything relevant.
Thanks,

Daniel

2020-02-12 01:14:58

Hi.

@AudioGamer200, sadly it's not possible, sorry.

@daniel, that addon is a joke addon. I don't know if it's still out there but I doubt it, it was an april fulls joke.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-02-12 01:21:03

@3, you can find it over on the nvda addons page at grossgang.com. Regarding using mac alex on windows, it is actually possible without a physical machine if you can get a mac OS VM up and running. It's kind of hacky and will stutter from time to time whenever workstation / player has one of it's little hissy fits, but for the most part it works if you don't mind constantly having a large chunk of your ram taken up by a VM.

2020-02-12 01:50:24

I can’t get it, but thanks for all the help anyway

2020-02-12 02:25:18

Do I have to forward ports for that Haily, and do I need to change the VM internet settings?

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2020-02-12 02:32:09

I don't know how it works, I only know that it's called Macintalk and it needs this program called Bridge.
I have never messed with it so I can't help you any more. Sorry

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.

2020-02-12 03:25:42

Dan, I'm assuming you already know how to get the actual server running here. One cool thing about mac OS is that you can get your local IP address by going to system preferences / network if memory serves, so you can use that to check the IP address of the VM on your network. Chances are it may even be the same one as your actual machine in which case the process is even easier. You shouldn't need to forward ports, the VM's internet access is still part of your local network so all you'd need is the local IP of the VM being connected to by NVDA. LMK if you need more help, though the readme explains how to get the server running and how to make NVDA point to it quite effectively in my opinion.

2020-02-12 20:58:54

Hi Haily,
Thanks for the info on this, much appreciated!

Daniel

2020-02-12 22:16:42

Does anyone know if it would be possible to create a sapi five voice With C++ or some other programming language? Just think. Just need some audio files, and there you go. I think that was how the MK voice if anyone remember that, was created. Gives you something to think about, Ehh?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-02-14 12:04:13

I think that'd be a cool project. I mean, come to think of it, if you had a dll then you could make the actual voice in practicaly any programming language that supported sounds and all that.

2020-02-14 14:43:38

exactly what I sed. to bad I can't do it... just yet...

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-02-14 21:49:52

@Gaki_shonen: You're thinking of Model Talker. And they processed the synthesis serveri-side, so what they could do you could not do on their own, unless you wished to program the unit selection/synthesis rule on your own.