2020-02-10 03:02:16

Hey guys, long story short, if i listening to a music and playing around  with the phone at the same time, i would cringe do to a suddent audio popping that happends when my tts starts speaking. This really hurts my ear. This is not headset issue because it happends on my headphone.. tried with other tts and screen reader no luck.
Can anyone suggest a solution for this? I really need yoll help. I am useing samsung a50s android 9,

2020-02-10 09:00:07

Sorry for  double post, tried with and without dolby atmo  but also no luck

2020-02-10 10:37:47

play around with your audio settings

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2020-02-10 12:14:26

I did, turn on and off dolby atmos, adjust it's fungtion watnot, but still, now I am kind of scared it's the problem from the phone itself. I just got this from my birthday a few weeks ago

2020-02-11 02:25:18

so... tried to life chat with the active operator, they don't have solution for this, or the guy/gal behind the computer doesn't even understand what is voice assistant/screen reader lol my country really out of date about that stuff.
but yeah, he/she tells me to do a setting reset, which I would like to do rightaway if I meet with a sighted person to help turn on the voice assistant.

2020-02-11 02:37:07

Wish I had a magicall answer for this. I have a galaxy s10+, no popping issues, but I really wish the volume buttons would jut be a goddamn global volume adjustment like the iphones are.

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:
https://discord.gg/2duutDtGFa

2020-02-11 03:12:24

eh? I think it's nice that you able to adjust the media and accessible volume acordingly, no?

2020-02-11 09:32:32

I work with all kinds of Samsung phones every day, but I never had a problem

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2020-02-11 17:32:30

Hi.

I'm not sure if this willl help but I think you can press and hold the volume up/down keys for a couple of seconds to turn on voice assistant, but I'm not sure if that feature hasto be enabled first.

I had a samsung but couldn't get the hang of it.

If you can, i'd recommend changing phones but i understand that might not be possible.

It sounds to be like something might be wrong with the speaker, does it happen with all the speech engines you try?

I'm gone for real :)

2020-02-11 18:00:29

speaker is ok, just headset , the left one, to be exact, and it happends to all diffrent headset I have.
yes this happends with all tts engine, and all screen reader, from voice assistant, talkback, and csr.
so far I do think this is the dolby atmos issue, what will happend if I uninstall it?

2020-02-11 23:43:04

strange, this happeneds when I connected to a wifi network...

2020-02-12 01:17:38

Hi.

I hope someone else can help you, I don't have android anymore so can't help much more than my last post.

I think there's an android email list called Eyes free, there's one more but I can't remember it.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-02-12 05:42:03

@7, i'd just like to set it once and then just have the buttons work normally. Lots of times I have my phone in my pocket and listen to videos as I walk around and need to suddenly turn it down and sometimes it gives me trouble

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:
https://discord.gg/2duutDtGFa

2020-02-12 06:47:42

@1
I had the same issue, and managed to solve it after a year of searching. This might not be easy to do though.
this happens because your phone has an audio modification library by default (dolby atmos), and that library isn't optimized to accept both accessibility and media volume at the same time.
the only solution that I know is to root your phone, and install an audio modification library patch. If you use magisk, there are a few libraries that disable that part of the library, so all sounds go through without a problem. Unfortunately, I don't know any other way that doesn't involve rooting.
keep in mind that even if you turn dolby atmos off, this is still gonna happen, and you need to fix that library for it to stop.
as a final word, my phone model wasn't similar to yours, therefore it might not work for you as expected, so do it at your own risk

:)

2020-02-12 08:51:36

@14 wow, I am happy to hear there is at least a way to fix this issue, may I ask for the guide?
by the way does rooting considers as an illegal?
and what's with this crackling happening when the wifi is on?

2020-02-12 13:12:01

@15
I don't have a complete guide unfortunately. However,  you can find more about rooting your phone with a simple google search, and Magisk is very popular. You'll be needing audio modification library module after installing magisk.

:)

2020-02-13 06:42:49 (edited by JasonBlaze 2020-02-13 06:43:35)

alright, thanks, I will bring the phone to the nearby samsung serfice first, see if they can do something about the dolby atmos or the popping. if not then, I'll root.
there is a way to just uninstall the dolby atmos without rooting though, what happened if I do that?.

2020-07-20 15:02:04

Hey all, sorry to revive this one.
so after fiddling around with stuff, I realize that the popping only happens when something like, hey Bixby, or ok google is on. I do believe those features will keep your microphone activated all the time which is, well kind of scary but whatever. so currently I am looking for what might cause popping when my microphone is on. any idea?
I would like to record the issue, but is there any recording app I could use to record my voice and also capture the phone's sounds? because I have to use headphone to reproduce this issue.
then again my life is not depended on that ok google/hey Bixby features so I may as well just turn it off. but it will be nice if there is a way to fix it.