2020-02-11 22:51:28

i like the new version it is stable

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2020-02-11 22:52:38

@Munawar: IN fairness, I was hoping that NV Access would not have made the 2019.3 an auto-update. For all their warnings and prep-time, you would think that they would have followed suit by not forcing the update out until a few weeks later, given the significance of this update. So they do lose points for that in my opinion, as they could have had the auto-update sunset at 2019.2.1. This way, people who haven't been engaged in the NVDA listserve/social media interaction still know what they're getting into. I honestly cannot blame anyone who has been/is off Twitter anyway, it's a shitshow as it stands. Speaking of, Q has released Remote2.3 , giving full support to 2019.3. I was going to get in contact with Azslow concerning Sibiac, but people are already storming the thread with when's the new version coming out, when's it coming out, stuff like that. This one is going to be harder to update because of its many moving parts, including the dated Tesseract engine that was primarily builtin the python2 stages anyhow. I am willing to wait.

2020-02-11 23:14:23

ANyone know where can i get the latest elequence and a propper config for it?

2020-02-11 23:34:29 (edited by jack 2020-02-11 23:35:56)

@Turkce_rap: People have said where to get the latest Eloquence. If you want a drm-free distribution, find a legal way of obtaining Viavoice and use the Eloquence addon that contains the interface without the library. We cannot provide that to you. A copy of Kurzweil1000, IBM Homepage Reader maybe, now those can provide it to you no problem. Kurzweil is the only currently maintained commercial package that contains an Eloquence that legally can be used in any other application.

2020-02-12 01:25:19

Hi.

I downloaded the version of eloquence that works with python 3 but it didn't show up in my NVDA addons.

I'm running an earlier version of NVDA as I don't want to update if I can't use eloquence, so is that why it didn't show up?

IF I brought the code factory version, would it work with the latest NVDA?

Also, would I be able to transfer it from this pc to a knew laptop or do I need to buy it again if I want to do that?

I know a lot of people ask about this speech symth but it's because we're used to it and honestly I, personallly, find the other voices to just sound wrong when reading Harry Potter fan fiction.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-02-12 02:09:09

Thank you FamilyMario for giving the explanation. I didn't know there were still programs that used DRM free Eloquence. BTW, I'm sending you a PM after I press submit after this post.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2020-02-12 02:09:15

@Brad:
You'd be correct. Any python3 exclusive addon is meant to run in 2019.3 and future builds. That being said, if you buy the codefactory addon, you are technically able to run the license on two machines, though you need to watch out for the persistent license check drm that is not very transparent.
If you plan to carry it around on a portable NVDA, remember to activate on the computer you're using, and deactivate when you're done. I don't know for sure if when activating on a one-time use machine *a library for example), you can just simply run a trial license and call it a day, but that's how things currently stand now.

2020-02-12 07:19:45

To clarify, IbM Home page reader, uses IbM Viavoice TTS, not Eloquence.

2020-02-12 09:09:26

Interestingly with this version of NVDA I can't use the windows onecore voices. When I try to load it from synthesisers I get an error with this message: "Could not load the oneCore synthesizer."
This isn't really an issue for me since I don't use it anyway, just curious what the problem might be.

2020-02-12 10:36:55

@84, My NVDA works fine with the one core voices.

2020-02-12 16:19:28

Hi.

If you go to *** you can get the IBM eloquence drivers for NVDA and as far as I know, it's totally legal.

If you download the IBM eloquence with drivers folder, make sure to unzip it after it's downloaded.

It's not an addon, it's a folder with an addon inside it.

2020-02-12 16:33:43

Seriously? Word sensering again?

2020-02-12 18:20:14

Hi.

This is silly, the page says as far as the author knows, the software is legal.

Yes there's other things on that sight that might not be but surely that's for the person to figure out and if they download it it's not to do with the audiogames.net team?

I think this sencering of information is sillly and actually harms blind people more than it helps.

Some of us cannot update because we can't use these "real" sounding voices and eloquence is the best way for us to go forward but with you taking away our write to post links, you're stopping us from using the latest features of NVDA.

Yes people can look it up but it's not easy to do and clicking a link is a lot simpler.

I think this modiration thing is being taken way to far, nothing is going to happen if someone clicks on a link, at least it won't happen to the website. No one is checking over the thing and this site isn't as important as you seam to think it is.

2020-02-12 18:58:06 (edited by Dan Gero 2020-02-12 19:02:54)

At this point I have to agree. IBM Viavoice is not illegal, so it shouldn't be illegal to link to. This word censoring thing is getting quite ridiculous in my opinion. You guys said intent will be taken into account when removing links, but there’s no malicious intent here. Intent being taken into account goes straight out the window with the word sensors you guys have in place, because now nobody can link to that site for anything, legal or not.

TWITCH

2020-02-12 19:11:53

Yes. That is one of the censored sites as it contains a number of cracked software includes games.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-02-12 19:17:13

Yes, but Viavoice is perfectly legal. I thought you guys said you would take intent into account before deleting links to websites that contain questionable content?

TWITCH

2020-02-12 19:19:36

that is an autocensor that censors that website regardless. While the cracked applications and games are still there, there is no way that filter will get removed. if someone chooses to host the IBM TTS addon somewhere else, so long as it is legal we will not impede your ability to download and use it.

2020-02-12 19:25:35

Liam, your obvious biases are showing here. By your logic we should be banning links to search engines as well because technically they could link to all manner of bad things. Sensor the links if you want, it's still stupid in my opinion but whatever your call, but censoring names of sites now? Na man, not cool.

2020-02-12 19:29:24

We're going to have to agree to disagree then, because I really don't like that practice much. It's your rules so I'll follow them and not question them anymore, but I can't agree with it.

TWITCH

2020-02-12 19:30:29

no name has been censored. the direct link to the site was.
Also. there's a massive difference between a search engine vs. a site that is designed to contain links on it's front page which directly offers cracked software. The search engine argument is a weak one and always makes me laugh when you all fall back to that one.
Again I state. If the IBM add on is legal, then by all means post it on a site that is not known for dispensing cracked software.

2020-02-12 19:46:32

Guys, it's real simple.
https://github.com/davidacm/NVDA-IBMTTS-Driver
There you go, no filter.

2020-02-12 20:32:22

Hi.

@nidza07, thanks for posting the link for those that need it.

@Liam ah, so the auto matching tool thing would delete that link because of what's on the site.

I'm still going to leave as I believe everyone has the right to what ever they like to download but I understand now where you're coming from.

2020-02-12 20:54:01

Agree with Liam: I was mixed on posting the article about the engine to Twitter, because of what the sight's known for. I may use cracks, but I support as many of the projects that I can by purchasing. The guy really should have posted somewhere else though, but maybe he knew it would still get traction, because of the emotions people feel about purchasing eloquence again.

2020-02-12 21:57:48

Hi.

@serrebi: is the guy, me?

I just posted the link because I wanted people who like eloquence to have a copy for their latest NVDA.

I personally cannot live without eloquence, as wierd as that may sound, so I posted it thinking others may apreciate downloading it like I did.

Anyway, what's done is done smile

2020-02-12 22:02:26 (edited by serrebi 2020-02-12 22:13:32)

That doesn't mean it needs to be posted on this particular forum haha. Also the guy's name who developed the driver is David, not brad. This doesn't infringe on your personal freedoms, because there's plenty of places e.g. black operations google facilitated group, reddit piracy, blind help, where you can talk about this stuff. I wouldn't lose sleep if someone took down a post of something like that because websites have the right to run themselves how they please. It doesn't inconvenience me to have this be blocked here so I'm not going anywhere.