2020-01-23 08:24:13

as long as you type save after a rank up or a skill train, you dont need to bother with it in my apinion
the game also already saves you when you log off so, i think that donator item is not required

2020-01-23 12:33:17

yeah, it doesn't cost anything to save and unless you are really forgetful, just typing Save after a visit to a mine, or an asteroid run, or something like that should be enough.

manually saving doesn't cost you anything other than saying "save" every once in a while.

2020-01-23 18:33:45

I always found the scripting policies to be a bit amusing. Here is why:
How can you tell that I am scripting? Packets at constant intervals? Nope, I am smarter than that and am randomizing my value for when the timer should fire. So, what is the point of creating scripting policies? After all, you can't enforce it. You really can't.

2020-01-30 09:10:09

hi guys, not sure have someone ask before!
i have a problem about higher activility!
i don't understanded about traveling in deep space.
i don't know how to go to the universal coordinates target.
can someone explane to me?
thanks.

2020-01-30 18:36:09

@1760, I strongly suggest asking on the newbie channel for an explanation. Whatever issues I may have with the mud, lack of communication is not one of them. You can also suggest an idea to the hosts to make the UC help files more clearer.

2020-02-11 12:39:22

I believe the game went unexpectedly down

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2020-02-11 13:50:35

nah its not down
The server has been up for 1 month, 12 days, 23 hours, 47 minutes, and 8 seconds.

2020-03-24 12:31:18

hello. i hope someone can help me here. i have set an deletion password in the game but can not remember it. what can i do now? i tried all my passwords i remembered but nothing happens. it ever says thats an incorrect deletion password. what can i do? i know i can change the pw in the options but i have to enter the old one first. thats not good. i hope someone can help please.

2020-03-24 13:00:38

yes but it is the same. i have to type my deletion password. that is so stupit that i have to enter the old one when i wish to change it in the options. and i asked yesturday on newbie and got no answer at all. :-(

2020-03-25 00:41:35

Have you check back through your logs to see if it was in  the logs your client makes? I personally find that a search through forgotten mud passwords in logs of the muds I play usually help.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2020-03-25 14:27:21

your best bet is to delete your char using @delete-char! command
since noone knows your paswords and hosts, cant reset it, its a reisky process

2020-03-29 14:30:04

AAAAnd, The server has decided to shutdown its magnificense!
Eh? probably the house event but Don't think so

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2020-03-29 17:23:30

ok when i have set an deletion password the thing is i cant delete the char. so i leveled to 200 and made the char i wanted. but i still wish i could reset or delete the first. oh and by the way, is there a way to change the primary char of the account? or is it ever the first in the list of chars i have on my account? i wish i could play now. i am so very bored.

2020-05-05 02:03:43

Wow!
It has been ages since I gave everyone an update on this thread.
Let me see what has happened...
Well first, we majorly overhauled our reporting system and can now dynamicly record tracebacks, especially those that happen often, and then fix them on the bounce. Basically what this means is if coders are logged out, tracebacks are not lost and instead when we log in we can see, oh, this broke 6 times, where this broke only twice. priority!
We took on another member of staff, a very hard working one. Lots of new story arks are cropping up and I love where players are running with them.
I can't remember if I updated the thread with some of this (so sorry if I repeat somewhat).
We now have origin positions which the players have really got stuck into!
We have a new farming system, the old one having been completely forgotten about,not to mention this week alone houses got some massive TLC and the feedback from that has been absolutely amazing!
Always bug fixes and stability improvemens (app store style) but what else, hmm.
We updated all our planet descriptions for a better quality when scanning which is always nice. the origin planets now all have backstories...
I could honestly sit here for days trying to catch everyone up, but obviously you all know the best way is to play. smile

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2020-05-05 13:13:49

Hi,
Firstly, let me just say that I tried asking all of this on the newbie channel, but the word filter meant I was unable to do so. Seriously, what's up with that? I've already kind of gotten the feeling this mud doesn't care much for new players without being forced to ask IC for help with commands, probably the most OOC thing I could possibly need help with, thank you.
Anyway, on to my question. So I'm on the landing pad of my home planet, I forget which one because holy shit complicated names, but I'm fairly sure that doesn't really matter here. So I try using the map command to find a communications store so I can, ya know, by a communicater and start actually playing the game properly. The problem? I'm told to find a train station, but when I try searching for that with the map command I'm given several results, all of which just tell me there's a train service somewhere, somewhere, and I need to use it in order to access the area. Thanks, game, very helpful.
When I tried asking something to the effect of the above on newbie, I was just given a list of help topics to do with training, I assume because my message had the word train in it, which is really dumb btw, and then was told I should instead try asking the *right* way. So, yeah. Never mind the fact that I'd need a communicater to ask IC in the first place.
I was also wondering if anyone could tell me of some good activities that can get me up to rank 40 fairly quickly? I'm not a huge fan of the hole you must provide for your planet before you can go off into space BS because it really doesn't make any sense, your a god dam pilot FFS not a community service volunteer, so I'm hoping I can at least get off the ground without much effort in between so I can actually start enjoying the game.
Thanks,
Haily.

2020-05-05 18:09:02

the way how it works does make sence. and yes asking for locations of items or rooms are actually ic. their are people who are willing to tell you how to get to the communication store. also here is a tip take a taxi to Maraquda and map for the communication store their.

2020-05-06 11:29:31

@75, thanks for your help, and while I do very much appreciate it, I'm having a hard time understanding your logic here.
So I can ask IC for help finding places? Great. But how am I supposed to do that without a communicater to ask with?
I'm also curious how the hole you must provide for your planet first thing makes sense to you? Again, you're a pilot. You're fresh out of the academy. I'm pretty sure the first thing on your to do list shouldn't be, go ignore everything I've just been training for and do a hole bunch of activities that don't make much sense to begin with.
Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with ground activities just so long as they're not effectively rammed down your throat. There's a reason all other space moo's encorperate these as optional extras, rather than necessary evils you have to slog your way through, because they recognise that people have different stiles of play, and not everyone enjoys this kind of thing.
Oh and before you say, why don't you just go play a different game then, because I do think this game has the potential to be a lot better than it is now, and the only other options, miriani and SC, both have their fair share of issues which due to the nature of those games will likely never get solved.

2020-05-06 16:34:07

@776 I have tried to bring this up using in game methods. I was shot down like I had directly attacked Nate or something.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-05-06 16:59:36

@776 I would never want to tell any one to play a different game. as far as the ground acctivities why their are those ones first is so one has to explore the world a bit so that they are arare of different planets. I found some of them a bit boring starting but, I did them and after a while I had fun doing them as I ranked up. you can also grab a out of character link with me and I can help from their. I am known as Alex Smith.

2020-05-06 19:23:20

@778 this, unfortunately, doesn't hold up as an excuse. Cr tries its hardest to be a place where people can roleplay, but if you're going to have an rp game, you'll want to do your damndest to give good reasons why game mechanics and systems work the way they do. That's mostly what cr is missing.

2020-05-06 21:10:24

Agreed, though let's be honest, CR really failed at being an RP game from day 1. I personally don't have a problem with that, as much as I enjoy RP in miriani. TBH I think the best course of action at this point would be to remove the IC channels intirely and just have general channels which can be used for anything. I think a lot of devs seem to forget that space moo doesn't automatically have to equal rollplay game.
I will give this another try later today and just hope I can get further with it. FYI, maybe I'm just an idiot or failed to read some help file somewhere, though I'm pretty sure I read all of the introduction help files, but I didn't even know pods were a thing until a friend told me. Reminds me a little bit of another moo I should hardly need mention.

2020-05-07 02:08:38

I do like role playing and you could suggest that to the team.

2020-05-07 04:07:34

also they will not kill all of the ic channels because they are used for different reasons. and you will need to give the game a chanse.

2020-05-07 10:39:26

@781 suggesting improvements to the team was exactly what I did. I originally posted a gripe in which I tried to be as reasonable as I could, then after it wasn't responded to for three weeks, I brought up the issue at an htpc. I received a response that went along the lines of "you have no clue what you're talking about, stop being jealous about our great and amazing universe" and shut up so we can move on with things,. Upon reading this, I tried to justify and defend myself, and expand on some of the points I made. But the htpcs are set up in such a way that the hosts have to approve every comment that is made. Mine was simply rejected and on we rumbled.

2020-05-08 05:38:38

Their is now an update to where you will not have the problem with the train any more so now it will tell you witch train to take and where to go from their.