2020-02-11 05:21:38

Hello All,

Reviving a blast from the past, there is now a server running for Three-D-Velocity and Road to Rage!

No, these are not running from some home-based computer - they are running on a cloud platform and the intent is to keep them up permanently.

If they are enjoyed, they will stick around.  If they are not used or abused, they will be brought down.

There is no affiliation with either author for these games.  This is simply an attempt to provide a centralized and reliable playing environment which people can enjoy.

There is a Teamtalk server at kozmosoft.net port:  10300 with dedicated rooms for each respective game.  Please note, no this is not the default Teamtalk port!

You can download Three-D-Velocity at:  https://github.com/munawarb/Three-D-Velocity

Yes, it is free and open-source.

It appears that there is some active development being done on this game so please download the latest version.

You can connect to the game server at:  142.11.217.2

For Road to Rage you can download it at:  https://www.iamtalon.me/the-road-to-rage/

Again, you can connect to the game server at:  142.11.217.2 Port:  6789

This project appears to be abandoned, however the game and server are working.

There may be an actual domain assigned eventually to this server depending on whether this is successful.

Problems, questions or suggestions?  Please contact here.

Enjoy.

2020-02-11 05:31:11

Think this should be in Genral Games.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2020-02-11 06:28:52

yeah, since it' not a new release, even if it brings new possibility

2020-02-11 07:49:05

I mean, it's bringing hopefully new life to old games, so I can see why. That's really cool though! I don't play those games, but I know people who do, and the lack of a central server really has been a problem. From what I've heard, anyways.
So thanks for doing this!

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2020-02-11 07:55:45

good

2020-02-11 08:01:24

Wherever this thread ends up, spread the word!

2020-02-11 12:12:54

Hi,
Sounds nice, especially because most of the current TDV servers seem to be down most of the time.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-02-11 14:09:36

hello
the server is down?

2020-02-11 14:33:54

cool realy cool i want a trtr server since years

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2020-02-11 17:18:40

Thanks, this will come in handy.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-02-11 18:44:53

Hello, thank you for this server. I do not know if there is a possibility of
including characters not player history of training when we are alone onthe server. It's a shame that this game is so little visited because I find
that the latest version of this FPS has a very good sound andvery good sound effects..

2020-02-11 19:17:12

Moderation!
I'm moving the topic to general, but I'm also including a redirect topic in new releases, so that whichever one people will click, it'll take them to the right place, so it will still be able to be discussed.

2020-02-12 17:09:46

Hi guys!
I downloaded rtr, but when I open the game, after the introduction, the game closes.
Wath can I do to connect to the server?

2020-02-12 17:17:54

Hello,
The game is acting a bit wierd. Sometimes the issue you mention happens but sometimes I can get in normally. I guess it's because dragonapps.org, the game's original website went down.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2020-02-12 21:51:55

This really is cool! Since i can't host my own servers because i don't have upnp in my router, this is cool. I wonder if there is an accessible and free port opening software, which doesn't require upnp.

Best regards: Marco

2020-02-14 15:41:28

hey, i'll go on rtr if anyone wants to play with me

2020-02-14 16:46:17

Some clarification since I've already been contacted about this by some members of this forum. No, this user has nothing to do with me or with CJM productions. Just thought I'd clear that up.

2020-02-14 17:58:33

cjm, please help cjm productions to host bb smile I can't connect!

2020-02-14 23:10:09

A bit off-topic here, but before Charlie died, wasn't that his game making name? Just asking. Now, I'll check this out...

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-02-14 23:15:54

Sorry. I didnt read through the topic. Before you get out your hate jaidon machine guns with anti-jaidon ammo, I'm sorry. Anyways, I think this user was here before Charlie so, technically, we should be pointing the fingers at Haily, not CJM.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-02-15 01:38:46

Hi all, firstly sorry to the admins for the trouble moving this topic, it was not intended.  Secondly I've discovered that Three-D-Velocity's server will happily run as a service, but Road to Rage is not so cooperative. I have a solution to this but probably won't have it implemented until later. I've noticed that some of the custom maps don't seem to have all the right components available to use, so I'm removing them as I find them. If anyone can't connect, please post here with the date and time of your attempt, as well as any error message returned so I can resolve the issue. Lastly no I am not anyone else on here nor have I ever been, so there is no confusion on that.

2020-02-15 03:47:13

Regarding the prior post about running a Bloodbath server, I'm certainly open to discussing that with one of their representatives, and no the username choice of CJM is just an unfortunate coincidence, but if one of the reps from CJM Productions or whoever is interested in me helping them host a server they can privately message me and we can discuss the matter.  smile Also to those who are finding they cannot connect, I have confirmed that the server is online, my best suggestions is to make sure that your router and or firewall is allowing you to connect through port 6789.

2020-02-22 17:08:12 (edited by burak 2020-02-22 17:08:31)

Hello,
Which map package do you use? The game freezes on checking map for me.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2020-04-17 20:35:52

Sorry for the Necro

Is this server still available?  I turned off windows firewall, and it still says check internet connection or whether the server is up

perhaps I'm missing a step?

Thanks.

2020-04-17 23:30:40

if you would like to play rtr, might i recomend one of the servers at christopherw.me, maybe 4567. This is the deathmatch server. I forget what map its on, probably clocktower. If you don't like taht map, i think 5678 is also a deathmatch server that switches map. all i know is 6789 is a team deathmatch, that has very large maps for the small amount of players that might ever go on the server.