2020-02-08 15:36:28

I too would pay for chinese functionality. More and more chinese games are being made, and tons of people are asking how to play them, just like they were with the japanese games. This would make things so much simpler for everyone.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2020-02-09 18:11:36

I am having a problem with the pro talker nvda addon.
this is what I get wen ever I try to install it.
[Window Title]
Error

[Content]
Failed to open add-on package file at C:\Users\user11\Downloads\protalker-2017.02.nvda-addon - missing file or invalid file format

[OK]

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-02-10 20:02:19

Slightly unrelated but not... does anyone know if there's a version of the protalker addon compatible with 2019.3?

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2020-02-12 02:43:21 (edited by Tikki 2020-02-12 02:44:33)

Hi,
first, thanks for adding so many target languages to the addon! It's really great to play japanese games in my native language now.
Unfortunately, there is a slight problem. I guess due to the offline cache, I get some english text when playing games like shadowline, even though my target language is set to german. Is there a way to delete my local cache or something? Right now I have a mix between english and german, which makes it kind of hard to choose the right voice for nvda to read everything. big_smile
Edit: I too would gladly pay for the ability to translate chinese games too, that would be so great!

2020-02-12 18:29:01

There are a number of reasons that adding Chinese as a source language would be quite difficult.
I haven't played any of the Chinese games.
Can someone direct me to the best Chinese game offered, and instructions for setting up the best process to use for playing it in English?
Also, is there an NVDA addon that will speak both Chinese and English, similar to how the ProTalker addon speaks both Japanese and English?

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.
Try my free JGT addon, the easy way to play Japanese games in English.
Or try the free games I've created.

2020-02-13 16:38:00 (edited by omer 2020-02-13 16:39:10)

honestly the translation addon works most of the times but  never tryed it with chinese games
but i still use JGT for games

2020-02-13 16:40:04

Hello @Ianreed. With NVDA 2019.3.1, most users will not be able to use JGT, I will try to fix it on my own right now. But you still need to set this for general NVDA users

start of my signature.
I admit that I am a very moody person. I understand that most things are wrong, I do very good things in my mouth and make people incredibly happy. But I'm not sure that people in most places understand my purpose, I think I'm wrong somewhere ... It's impossible for me to correct myself alone, and no one will help me.
end of my signature.

2020-02-13 16:50:30

Lol. Did you not read the topic? There's literally a version for 2019.3

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2020-02-14 15:18:39

No, I have not read and never read the full topic. I don't know if this is bad or good for you, but I don't care if it's good! Hahahahahahahahaha!

start of my signature.
I admit that I am a very moody person. I understand that most things are wrong, I do very good things in my mouth and make people incredibly happy. But I'm not sure that people in most places understand my purpose, I think I'm wrong somewhere ... It's impossible for me to correct myself alone, and no one will help me.
end of my signature.

2020-02-14 16:56:19 (edited by Nikola 2020-02-14 16:56:49)

What about reading the full first post for starters? That's not so hard. Literally the first line of the first post has the info you need.