2020-02-10 15:11:09 (edited by boy 2020-02-10 15:14:26)

To all NVDA users on this forum who noticed the new update:
Do to compatibility, it seems like most of the add-ons that won't be recieving (or don't seem to be recieving) updates will no longer work once you install 2019.3 or whatever the latest version is. So far, the following add-ons are in this list:
Speech Output Coppyer.
Dectalk Synthesizer.
Announce Dropbox state and make preferences tabs accessible.
Eloquence Synthesizer.
Fix The Enter Key In Japanese Text Games.
OCR (this one isn't a huge issue for Windows 10 or Windows Jen 1.1 and above users.)
SFox Pico Synthesizer.
Pro Talker Synthesizer (necissary for anyone who does things using Japanese).
Windows 10 App Issentials (required only if you use Windows 10, Windows Jen 0.6 and above come with something similar to this).
This is only the list of add-ons that I have, there could be more or maybe there are updated versions. For now, stick to using NVDA 2019.2 until we find the answer to some of the necissary add-on issues. Or if you don't use any of these add-ons, just update.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2020-02-10 15:31:10

Eloquence is already available for NVDA 2019.3, as well as Windows 10 App Essentials, which is deffinitely available for it, since the developer is involved with the development of 2019.3 himself.

2020-02-10 15:47:06

My biggest concern is NVDA remote, since I use it over here at the office. Does anybody knows if NVDA remote is gonna receive support?

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2020-02-10 16:08:09

For a full list of the add-ons that are or will be compatible with 2019.3 or later, see this article:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/nvdapy3.en.html

2020-02-10 16:08:28

That's good to know. The only other add-on I need to find is Pro Talker, the one regarding fixing the enter key in games isn't a huge issue.

2020-02-10 16:17:16 (edited by Dark 2020-02-10 16:17:58)

Does anyone know about the vocaliser addon from https://vocalizer-nvda.com?

Since I bought this, I really don't want it to stop working.
I also wonder about the automatic speech interactive fiction addon as well.

Apart from these, most of the other addons I use like the extended winamp one either work anyway, or have newer versions like JGT.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-02-10 16:38:49

NVDA Remote for 2019.3 is currently work in progress. Vocalizer is too as far as I know.

2020-02-10 17:07:56

clip copy isn't evalable for 2019.3

2020-02-10 17:12:02

good to know. that nvda remotes work is in progress.
good for hacking
hahahahahahahaha!

want peace to be there everywhere around the world also I want an immediate sollution to be given for this war so that the bloodshed could be ended. live peacefully, let others also live peacefully

2020-02-10 17:13:59

why is the topic's subject given as worning?
what does the creater of this topic want to worn us about?
is it about the koronavirus?
I am safe because I have a lot of stamina

want peace to be there everywhere around the world also I want an immediate sollution to be given for this war so that the bloodshed could be ended. live peacefully, let others also live peacefully

2020-02-10 17:14:42

guys please thumb up my posts and help me increase my user karma please?

2020-02-10 17:24:24 (edited by Shadowcat 2020-02-10 17:33:35)

Sppeech history has a pull request with 2019.3 compatibility, but it hasn't been merged yet. If anyone knows how to build it, they can. I do not though, I'm staring at an sconstruct file with no idea how to actually use this thing... lol a quick Google search did not help.
Does anybody know the status of Switch Synth? Like, can it be made compatible just by messing around with the manifest file? Or will that break things horribly.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2020-02-10 17:32:34 (edited by boy 2020-02-10 17:35:00)

About the topic subject, I only said "warning" because some people don't read the other parts of NVDA updates and just install them. If they didn't read the information about the add-ons, there screen reader would update then there would be no speech unless they were using Sapi or ESpeak.
This topic is about NVDA, not the Korona Virus. And you want me to give you thumbs ups for no reason? Uh... Nope.

2020-02-10 17:38:30

okay fine. I misunderstood the subject. I apologise

2020-02-10 17:40:27

Moderation:
11. This is a caution. Please do not hijack a topic to ask for user karma. Thanks.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-02-10 17:50:10

The biggest take away for me is not being able to use Winwizard. There are times when that addon has proved to be very useful to me. Besides that, I'm kind of bumbed out that most of my synths don't work, and I can't use Audio Themes either.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2020-02-10 17:52:58

Are they going to make the other add-ons compatible?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2020-02-10 17:54:11

I guess so

2020-02-10 17:54:22

I guess so

2020-02-10 17:55:24

sorry for double posts with the same sentance
sorry

2020-02-10 18:04:20

You know instead of making a third post apologizing, you could have just deleted the second post and left it at that. Just saying.

TWITCH

2020-02-10 18:09:32

eloquence for 2019.3? where can I find that?

2020-02-10 18:18:05

I don't think I'm allowed to tell you because of forum rules, because Nuance has attempted to take action against people distributing non-Code-Factory versions of the addon. What I will say is, think about the places you usually get addons like that from and check there. It should identify it as a Python 3 compatible version.

TWITCH

2020-02-10 18:36:26

hi i have listened that
speech history  addon  is available for nvda 19.3 as well.
i had seen the github link in one of the post  previously.
if it is available then, could anybody share the link of that github page.

thanks and regards.
Krantikari
visit my Youtube channel for technical related stuff

2020-02-10 18:57:12

I've always found tiflo surprisingly responsive to feedback so I've droped them an email regarding the vocaliser addon, since Vocaliser is something I wouldnt' like to be without, neither would my lady.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)