2020-02-09 23:32:29

I have a solution that will fix all of this game's issues in one go.

Nuke it.

Seriously. I know it brings in money right now, but it sounds pretty hopelessly busted. Problems that have screwed the economy for a couple of years have just run too rampant, and the only thing to do is to just blow it up and either try again or do something else.

This whole argument that "you can't take things away from players who paid for it" is bogus. The thing is, people paid RL cash for lines of code in a game. The nature of games like this is that they change. Yes, it would absolutely suck to get your stuff yoinked, and inevitably you're going to shed some players for it. But on the other end of the spectrum, the game sounds like it's got enormous balance issues. If it takes a wipe to fix those issues, I say do it and damn the consequences. If the game is sufficiently strong, you will recover. If it's not, you'll learn a valuable lesson.

To be clear, do not nuke or item-wipe or reset until or unless you have solutions to the big problems plaguing the game.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up +1

2020-02-10 12:41:52

the game have some issues for sure, but I dont think you need to nuke it down. it's not that bad, things can be resolved but "nuke it down" is not the smart thing to do since it's one of the best bgt games. I'm sure something can be done with the problems if they work towards it.

allow me to speak more,
katch me on twitter
if audio games play throughs  and tutorials fascinates you then,
katch me on YouTube

2020-02-20 19:12:56

Hey everyone.
Earlier today, I tried to buy credits for my STW account. I wanted a paid account, but after reading the disclaimer that the store may be unstable, I tried a test purchase with only 100 creds. Everything went as planned, I typed in my STW username with no mistakes, checked like a hundred times before buying, but the 100 creds didn't show up in my inventory, and I still only have 46, from completing quests.
How to fix this issue?
Thanks in advance!

Thumbs up

2020-02-21 00:34:55

Credits from quests? I thought that was sTW points only.

Thumbs up

2020-02-23 18:36:12

Tristan04 wrote:

Hey everyone.
Earlier today, I tried to buy credits for my STW account. I wanted a paid account, but after reading the disclaimer that the store may be unstable, I tried a test purchase with only 100 creds. Everything went as planned, I typed in my STW username with no mistakes, checked like a hundred times before buying, but the 100 creds didn't show up in my inventory, and I still only have 46, from completing quests.
How to fix this issue?
Thanks in advance!

stw_credits are different from stw_points. Though they both are sorted under the currency category, one is bought while the other is obtained.
If you see any of the admins online, feel free to contact them with date of purchase, email address that purchased, as well as the character. This way, we can verify if it went, and in case it didn't give out the credits.
And, it's not the store that was unstable, but that was when the inventory system was slightly unstable, wich has long been fixed.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
https://www.foldingathome.org - lets fold covid to the afterlife!

Thumbs up

2020-03-07 02:35:15

hey, It's been a bit since I've heard this game being talked about as much. Is it still in development, or is it over in that regard?

Thumbs up

2020-03-07 15:37:04

it's still in development

you can contact me with email: [email protected], or you can find me in quentine sceenes playroom named gamer2004

Thumbs up

2020-03-09 03:46:25

Jayde wrote:

I have a solution that will fix all of this game's issues in one go.

Nuke it.

Seriously. I know it brings in money right now, but it sounds pretty hopelessly busted. Problems that have screwed the economy for a couple of years have just run too rampant, and the only thing to do is to just blow it up and either try again or do something else.

This whole argument that "you can't take things away from players who paid for it" is bogus. The thing is, people paid RL cash for lines of code in a game. The nature of games like this is that they change. Yes, it would absolutely suck to get your stuff yoinked, and inevitably you're going to shed some players for it. But on the other end of the spectrum, the game sounds like it's got enormous balance issues. If it takes a wipe to fix those issues, I say do it and damn the consequences. If the game is sufficiently strong, you will recover. If it's not, you'll learn a valuable lesson.

To be clear, do not nuke or item-wipe or reset until or unless you have solutions to the big problems plaguing the game.

Well, this idea comes from people who do not play STW, hence it is easier said. I don't think Sam and the team is that kind of fool to take hundreds or thousands from people and just take down the game. They are going to find it hard to ever refund purchased items. A responsible developer will find ways fixing problem, not run away with people's money, and I strongly believe this game will survive and Sam will find ways to fix it at some point.

Thumbs up

2020-03-09 20:11:43

considering how bgt is abandoned, and sune or later its going to  be busted weather you want or not

Thumbs up

2020-03-11 17:35:46

ok, hi stw haters,
I just wanted to tell you, I love this game so much! and no one is going to newk it!
if what sam sed its true, its his only way of income, hoo will newk his only way of munny!

blank

Thumbs up

2020-03-11 21:18:16

I'm going to take a lot of crap for what I'm about to say, but it needs to be said. If you don't like the game, don't play it. That's all there is to it. I get where sam is coming from on this. He wants the game to be fair, and I agree with him. I just recently started playing again, and I'm impressed by the complete turn-around since I left about 4 years ago. Sure, it's not perfect. Nothing is. There is nothing like this game anywhere else in the community, or if there is, I have yet to find it. It's good to have an online game that isn't a killing spree. Sure, PK is a thing, but there is so much more to the game than that. Could improvements be made? Sure. This is one of those games that always has room for new things, tweaks, fixes, whatever you want to call them. It's a lot more of a challenge than it used to be, which I like. One thing I do have an issue with is the sound, or lack thereof, from mutated wolves. You don't know they are close until you get attacked most of the time unless you spam the a key, and sometimes not even then. This is, in its own way, a work of art. How many of you could sit there for the hours it probably took to build something that massive?

2020-03-11 21:42:31

TheEvilChocolateCookie, I completely totily really very a lot agree with you, i'm the ferst one will cry if he newk the game, its great and he's trying his best to balinse it! i'm adiketed to stw! thanks for such a nice poste!

blank

Thumbs up

2020-03-12 02:37:20

If he is so concerned about wripping people off, the smart thing to do is shut down the store, let it sit there for a few months, and let people use up all their paid items.
Once enough time has gone on, he can nuke it as there will be no more purchases in the store and players had time to use up what they bought.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2020-03-12 07:50:03

Where do I get the bike?

Thumbs up

2020-03-12 08:51:55

By BSG site You get byke from STW points and from gifts.

Music is the language of the universe.

Thumbs up

2020-03-12 13:06:08

@Ivan, that's not the point,
the game has a lot to do, even you remove the store, this game is loved by llarge number of people, it sounds like you're saying, turn off the store, remove the game from site, crash the server, just discontinue it. why you want to close it when all is fine and it's playable. also, it gives me an idea about how you handle your player base.

allow me to speak more,
katch me on twitter
if audio games play throughs  and tutorials fascinates you then,
katch me on YouTube

2020-03-12 21:29:09

Getting a bike depends on your account type. If you're a free account, you can buy a foldable_bile with stw_points. If you're a paid account, you can just buy a bike with less stw_points. If you don't want to spend any points, feel free to get premium gifts, or look in the city between the bricks and other stuff, to get extremely lucky.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

Thumbs up

2020-03-12 21:33:30

As for nuking the game: hell no. First of all, closing the store wouldn't work the way you'd intend it to work, because people will just refrain from doing stuff that might lose them any paid item... making things go stale. This would also prevent people that really like the game from obtaining a paid account to not have to worry about account removal, and so on.
I can confirm, without going into details, due to confidentiality obligations, that things are being discussed back and forth, whenever we take a sneak peak in the suggestions. As was pointed out before, we do take those in to account, and implement the ones that seem fair, doable and make sence... However, balancing out an old system, like the massive inventories, without stepping on  anyones toes, is not something you do in a late night coding session, so we'd rather take it a few rounds too many back and forth, before doing anything.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

Thumbs up

2020-03-13 15:55:26

One thing I wish was possible, but I understand why it isn't, is resetting the gift counter at midnight. On the good side, it would make it a lot easier on players who don't keep track of when they got gifts down to the exact time and who play at roughly the same times during the day. However, cheaters will exist, and they would abuse this system as much as they could. Someone would get the bright idea to pick up gifts at 11:59 PM so they could just go grab 10 or 20 more in the next minute. A potential way to counteract something like that would work like this, after someone has picked up either 10 or 20 gifts, depending on their account, they would be unable to pick up anymore for at least 1 to 3 hours after the counter resets. I was going to suggest a shorter time frame, but we can never be too careful. Also, I would recommend cutting down on the PK timer. If someone turns that on by accident, an hour is a bit too much for them to have to run around and hide. Again, I understand why things are set up the way they are. These are just ideas, which I have a lot of. I may go and start a sort of unofficial suggestions topic somewhere. When I asked if something like that existed, someone basically suggested I create one.