2020-01-24 10:37:37

Paying to prove that I'm not a cheater frustrates me because I have no intention of cheating. Ever. My actions should determine if I'm a cheater or not, not money. It bothers me for people to assume that I might be a cheater or spammer unless I pay up. Paying doesn't automatically mean someone won't ever cheat and get banned, especially if they're skilled enough to not get caught. If it was purely a pay-to-play game so Sam can make money for his own use or to keep the server going, then I'd understand. Making it pay-to-play just to attempt to keep cheaters out is what I don't agree with, especially since this is a game in which you can literally lose every single thing you have due to lag, super strong creatures that you have no hope in hell of escaping if things go bad enough, or one small mistake, forcing you to start over completely unless you can get back to your corpse before others take your stuff. It also seems that even if you manage to get back to your corpse, some of your items just disappear. Whether this is a feature or a bug, I'm not sure. But when you spend hours trying to get something to spawn  or gathering things, and then it just disappears when you die, that's silly. So, having to pay every year just to prove I'm still not a cheater... yeah, I'm not a fan. that's what I meant that it'd be almost as bad as pay-to-win.

2020-01-28 20:10:32

All righty, here goes... strap in, cause it's going to take a bit of rambling onwards at this point.
First off, subscriptions and store disappearing... Are you seriously kidding mem like for real? Not only would you accidentally force people who spend several hundreds, in total, of dollars to make those investments totally useless [or are you planning on giving them 24 years of account time], but those who actually bought items before, would suddanly see their 3 years of playing, collecting, fighting etc... be gone... I'm fairly confident you'd keep 0 players with that kind of attitude. Yes, things have to be reconsidered, yes cheaters are the most annoying part of online game, but no, we can not go swamps direction with a subscription at least. Lets take the motd as a base here:

Message of the day: Thank you all for your input on this MOTD so far. Remember, these ideas are all just talk, and some of them that are suggested below are just bad. But this is what I am starting to lean twards doing. From what it seems like, there are some who want more realism, food rotting and such, as it is a survival game. Others thretton to leave the game if that system is introduced. So, again, just thoughts and no actions at this time PLEASE REMEMBER THAT, what if we do both. What if when you make your character, or with old characters when the update comes out that would do this, you have a choice to make. A permanent choice. You can choose to make your character a collector, or a survivor. If you choose collector, well, basically you just keep all your items and the game continues as it did before. If you choose survivor, that's when food starts rotting and you have to build structures to store items etc etc, but, but... You get loads of pirks. You can train your character to do things. To have spread with weapons, to make them have longer range, to be able to see farther, to be able to get over 1000 health, to be able to do more damage with certain weapons, to regain energy faster when sleeping, to lose energy slower when walking, to have access to more types of food and other items, and who knows what else we could think of. Maybe fires start at higher health, you lose 15 instead of 10 thirst when drinking water, you can forge faster, etc etc etc. The possibilities could be endless. You wouldn't get them all at the start, but you'd have to work for them, and yes older food and stuff in your inventory would slowly go away. As a collector, you get to keep your items exactly as they are, but the more items you have, the less you could learn other skills and they wouldn't be nearly as effective as we can imagine that all of your energy is being spent passivly keeping all of your items in tact and somehow being a superhuman that can handle all of those items in one place. The choice of roles would be up to you. Would this not give everybody the choice they want, between the old ways of simple item storage, and being able to advance your character? Please give feedback on this idea with /suggest! Original MOTD below.
I'm curious about a certain type of suggestion in particular. We all know that STW's item inflation, mostly due to those with hundreds of DFCs, is off the charts. Regardless of what people may think, I never wanted that for this game. Though of course, we need a server and this game is my only income. I am curious and will be reading the /suggest log, if you were the owner of the game, what would you do to start the process of fair item deflation. Many people say, and currently I agree, that STW is very pay to win. I pretty much agree, though this was never my intention. But I'm curious, for those who think that, what defines winning in this game, and what would you do to solve the problem in a fair way? In my case, I don't really think it is possible to win in a game like STW, but it is more or less impossible to die with the right amount of DFCs, so maybe many people would think that winning is when you won't ever die. As for fixing the problem, some of my ideas include recoding the clothing system to make some clothing act as armor, doing what should have been done ages ago and make old food begin to rot, old pots begin to crumble, old dead animals becoming bacteria infested and other old items in other ways expire. I'd raise the prices of death free cards, but it would be unfair because of those who already purchased them at this price. In an ideal world, I would want the game set up so that a character could only have like 50 dfc's in their inventory, and so that they could only ever get new ones once every 24 or 48 hours. Or maybe somehow making it so that DFC's make you lose some of your items that you have in the greatest quantities if you die. At one point I even considered coding some sort of STW robbinhood, a certain beast that would attack only those players with absolutely crazy amounts of DFCs and items. It's an interesting topic, because so few ways exist to fix this problem in any kind of fair manner aside from making an entirely new game and starting over. I considered making this system where you could get stw points for trading death free cards to characters that couldn't get them. All sorts of stuff I've been considering, and I'm curious to see what other people have to say on the subject of item deflation in STW. Of course the game's most unrealistic point out of all of it's many is that the inventory is weightless and for paid accounts can hold an infinent number of items. I hate how STW isn't really a survival game anymore but is only an item collection game for anyone who has a paypal account and a lot of extra money. So I'm curious of people's suggestions. How do we not stop selling stuff because that would make people rage and it would eventually cause us to lose our server and things, NTM these paid accounts are the last line of defense with cheaters, but how do we also balance things better and fairly get rid of these insanely huge inventories in place for a better player balance and more realism. Keep in mind I'm not saying what will happen or even that things will, but while I'd of course like other suggestions to come in, I'm curious to see what people think on this subject, so please use /suggest with any thoughts and ideas on the matter!
I'm sure everyone is wondering what happened with JohnCina. Unfortunately, looking at logs showed some breaches of the administration rules that were enough to make us have to demote him for the time being. Details on these breaches will not be given, but it was enough to cause a demotion to happen. The delay in this message was because we wished to talk to him about these breaches in detail first before any public announcement was made. These were not very large breaches and there is no need for concern. But out of respect for Cina, we won't publish any details on what happened unless he gives us permission to do so, as the breaches weren't large enough to warrent that. On the other hand though, Amine, one of our old admins pretty well known, has agreed to return once again!

What if, you just get to keep one card and a few teleporters or so once you load up as surviver or collector... while all other cards, and teleporters stay stored for uses next time. You'd still have your paid items, you just wouldn't be able to have them all at your disposal at once. It goes without saying that the playingfeeld would become lots more even that way, because given the current system, if you don't have a dfc, you could use other methods to sircumvent that.
Now to be clear, i'd still want to find a way for older players to not suddanly lose all their items, while keeping the freedom to pick surviver, but that's matter for further discussion, because i'm sort of out of ideas at this point as to how to make it look appealing.

2. Cheaters from a dev / admin pov as apposed to a player pov... For me cheating is:
- finding a way to obtain more "starter" items. As you could figure out on your own "starter" items are ment to "start" you out, not for you to kill yourself over and over to stack more of them and have a more extensive starter inventory.
- quests are meant to be done once per account, resulting in a certain amount of points to be used to buy items. Those accounts are not ment to buy items and give them to any main account, because that technically would mean that main account did those quests more than once, witch is not how things are defined.
- there's a whole section in the rules about cheating, so I'd suggest you to read that to get a fuller picture.

3. Others... There's a saying: "don't judge a book by its cover" so you could have downloaded the update before spouting opinions about how bad things are, maybe they had improved... lol

If there's something i might have forgotten, i will try to reread stuff later on...

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2020-02-04 08:14:39

criticview wrote:

I wouldn't call it Jimmy's gang but rather smoke's. And, speaking in terms of admins, not in terms of person, 2 out of 3 defenatly were worth it, unless several things were swiped under the carpet.

Well to be perfectly honest, it is more of one person trying to be power hunger in the game. It is this one man show attitude that everyone is not worth it, not unless you join up in a certain rank to be seen as on their side. Part of that also contributes to why some of the good admins left, but being swiped under the carpet.

To answer on STW going the way of Swamp, I believe the game is not ready yet. There is no possible way the dev can compensate those who already spend hundreds of dollars, or go completely making their spending useless. Well maybe, one way that the game could do which Swamp did, if you die no one will get your inventory except your corpse. One particular suggestion could be that you will lose rank as you die, and with lower rank that will somehow limit your skills or ability to do something else. There could also be  loosing for example 15% of your inventory each time you die, and in the case of pk players going offline, their inventory will be gone once they come back.
I know admins will argue about someone not having a stable net, but if it is a genuine case then they can surely approach one of the admins. Those who do it for the sake of cheating will dare not approach admins to get back their items.

2020-02-04 18:12:33

@3593.
You do have a fair point, so why won't you compromise?
1. Remove the STW store.
2. Do not remove the paid items from players inventories.
3. Make the game paid like swamp, except with only, say $15 per year.
You fixed your issue. How? Since I can't get paid items anymore, I will slowly burn through what I have. Eventually most folks only will have things that do not even matter. This will fix the problem with cheaters and still make sure that the cash people shelled out was worth it.
To those who say that you hate somebody questioning your integrity by making you pay... sorry, I guess? You can thank folks that are not as honest as you. It's like saying "Oh, why do they make me pay for a movie ticket? I am totally going to pay you back after the movie is finished..." Some people would, and others would just walk away, enjoying the free entertainment. Not everybody is as honest as they should be.

2020-02-06 20:48:30

Hey, just got in to this game, good work Sam!
I have totally fractured my left shoulder. What item can I use to fix it?
Here's what it says when I press W: You are apreciating a nice warm brese. you are 17% dirty, and 0% wet. you have utterly obliterated your left_sholder.

2020-02-08 13:16:07

I forgot what to use there, you can always ask in out of character chat. the community   is very helpful

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-02-08 22:25:56

helpful? I highly doubt it. honestly , I liked the game better when there was no active admins on there. But no, Sam had to ruin it all, by bringing those three admins along. And, you better make some friends on there, because no one will help you make stuff, give you stuff, or anything else. Then, when you ever decide to go through the confusing caves, don't ask for anyone else's help, always have someone to help you all the way through. Then, when that someone decides fuck it! I'll just go to another map, and then you ask that someone to come back, they won't help you. When you find the travelpoint to the twin peaks, you'll find a player that will give you a DFC and go offline. you'll eventually have to go offline yourself, come back online, and get band by mister Sam Tupy himself. Then, when you talk about it to him on skype, he won't give you a second chance because he doesn't want people distributing unauthorized forks of games on his game.

warning: this post is about to end, press h, or don't, I don't mind.

2020-02-09 09:30:46

forgot to mention, the community helps those who deserves it, not people like fsldkajfklsdjf who comes there to break the rules.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-02-09 22:23:57

christian wrote:

helpful? I highly doubt it. honestly , I liked the game better when there was no active admins on there. But no, Sam had to ruin it all, by bringing those three admins along. And, you better make some friends on there, because no one will help you make stuff, give you stuff, or anything else. Then, when you ever decide to go through the confusing caves, don't ask for anyone else's help, always have someone to help you all the way through. Then, when that someone decides fuck it! I'll just go to another map, and then you ask that someone to come back, they won't help you. When you find the travelpoint to the twin peaks, you'll find a player that will give you a DFC and go offline. you'll eventually have to go offline yourself, come back online, and get band by mister Sam Tupy himself. Then, when you talk about it to him on skype, he won't give you a second chance because he doesn't want people distributing unauthorized forks of games on his game.

There is so much wrong with all of those statements that it's not funny... though it sort of is... here goes:
- no one helps you to make stuff, or gives you stuff: all depends on how you ask I guess, and what's wrong with good old tryal and error. Besides, blackscreengaming is as helpful a source as you'll ever find.
- help to go through caves and mountains. Playing a game is not equal to spoonfeeding quest sollutions, and is something totally optional for those who help. If you get left behind, tough luck, happens to everyone in some capacity or other.
- Getting banned for unauthorized forks: well too bad aint it. there's a rule file for a reason, and it got updated, also for a reason. Since unauthorized forks are based off "stolen" or :unowned" or what not code, we're not condoning use of code that does not belong in a users hands unless that user wrote it themselves. Besides who's to say that it was Sam, could have been any admin as far as those things go... big_smile
- better when no active admins online? Really, you seemingly felt the urge to be cheatable... too bad that option flew...

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2020-02-09 23:32:29

I have a solution that will fix all of this game's issues in one go.

Nuke it.

Seriously. I know it brings in money right now, but it sounds pretty hopelessly busted. Problems that have screwed the economy for a couple of years have just run too rampant, and the only thing to do is to just blow it up and either try again or do something else.

This whole argument that "you can't take things away from players who paid for it" is bogus. The thing is, people paid RL cash for lines of code in a game. The nature of games like this is that they change. Yes, it would absolutely suck to get your stuff yoinked, and inevitably you're going to shed some players for it. But on the other end of the spectrum, the game sounds like it's got enormous balance issues. If it takes a wipe to fix those issues, I say do it and damn the consequences. If the game is sufficiently strong, you will recover. If it's not, you'll learn a valuable lesson.

To be clear, do not nuke or item-wipe or reset until or unless you have solutions to the big problems plaguing the game.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-02-10 12:41:52

the game have some issues for sure, but I dont think you need to nuke it down. it's not that bad, things can be resolved but "nuke it down" is not the smart thing to do since it's one of the best bgt games. I'm sure something can be done with the problems if they work towards it.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-02-20 19:12:56

Hey everyone.
Earlier today, I tried to buy credits for my STW account. I wanted a paid account, but after reading the disclaimer that the store may be unstable, I tried a test purchase with only 100 creds. Everything went as planned, I typed in my STW username with no mistakes, checked like a hundred times before buying, but the 100 creds didn't show up in my inventory, and I still only have 46, from completing quests.
How to fix this issue?
Thanks in advance!

2020-02-21 00:34:55

Credits from quests? I thought that was sTW points only.

2020-02-23 18:36:12

Tristan04 wrote:

Hey everyone.
Earlier today, I tried to buy credits for my STW account. I wanted a paid account, but after reading the disclaimer that the store may be unstable, I tried a test purchase with only 100 creds. Everything went as planned, I typed in my STW username with no mistakes, checked like a hundred times before buying, but the 100 creds didn't show up in my inventory, and I still only have 46, from completing quests.
How to fix this issue?
Thanks in advance!

stw_credits are different from stw_points. Though they both are sorted under the currency category, one is bought while the other is obtained.
If you see any of the admins online, feel free to contact them with date of purchase, email address that purchased, as well as the character. This way, we can verify if it went, and in case it didn't give out the credits.
And, it's not the store that was unstable, but that was when the inventory system was slightly unstable, wich has long been fixed.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2020-03-07 02:35:15

hey, It's been a bit since I've heard this game being talked about as much. Is it still in development, or is it over in that regard?

2020-03-07 15:37:04

it's still in development

Yours kindly

2020-03-09 03:46:25

Jayde wrote:

I have a solution that will fix all of this game's issues in one go.

Nuke it.

Seriously. I know it brings in money right now, but it sounds pretty hopelessly busted. Problems that have screwed the economy for a couple of years have just run too rampant, and the only thing to do is to just blow it up and either try again or do something else.

This whole argument that "you can't take things away from players who paid for it" is bogus. The thing is, people paid RL cash for lines of code in a game. The nature of games like this is that they change. Yes, it would absolutely suck to get your stuff yoinked, and inevitably you're going to shed some players for it. But on the other end of the spectrum, the game sounds like it's got enormous balance issues. If it takes a wipe to fix those issues, I say do it and damn the consequences. If the game is sufficiently strong, you will recover. If it's not, you'll learn a valuable lesson.

To be clear, do not nuke or item-wipe or reset until or unless you have solutions to the big problems plaguing the game.

Well, this idea comes from people who do not play STW, hence it is easier said. I don't think Sam and the team is that kind of fool to take hundreds or thousands from people and just take down the game. They are going to find it hard to ever refund purchased items. A responsible developer will find ways fixing problem, not run away with people's money, and I strongly believe this game will survive and Sam will find ways to fix it at some point.

2020-03-09 20:11:43

considering how bgt is abandoned, and sune or later its going to  be busted weather you want or not

2020-03-11 17:35:46

ok, hi stw haters,
I just wanted to tell you, I love this game so much! and no one is going to newk it!
if what sam sed its true, its his only way of income, hoo will newk his only way of munny!

2020-03-11 21:18:16

I'm going to take a lot of crap for what I'm about to say, but it needs to be said. If you don't like the game, don't play it. That's all there is to it. I get where sam is coming from on this. He wants the game to be fair, and I agree with him. I just recently started playing again, and I'm impressed by the complete turn-around since I left about 4 years ago. Sure, it's not perfect. Nothing is. There is nothing like this game anywhere else in the community, or if there is, I have yet to find it. It's good to have an online game that isn't a killing spree. Sure, PK is a thing, but there is so much more to the game than that. Could improvements be made? Sure. This is one of those games that always has room for new things, tweaks, fixes, whatever you want to call them. It's a lot more of a challenge than it used to be, which I like. One thing I do have an issue with is the sound, or lack thereof, from mutated wolves. You don't know they are close until you get attacked most of the time unless you spam the a key, and sometimes not even then. This is, in its own way, a work of art. How many of you could sit there for the hours it probably took to build something that massive?

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2020-03-11 21:42:31

TheEvilChocolateCookie, I completely totily really very a lot agree with you, i'm the ferst one will cry if he newk the game, its great and he's trying his best to balinse it! i'm adiketed to stw! thanks for such a nice poste!

2020-03-12 02:37:20

If he is so concerned about wripping people off, the smart thing to do is shut down the store, let it sit there for a few months, and let people use up all their paid items.
Once enough time has gone on, he can nuke it as there will be no more purchases in the store and players had time to use up what they bought.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2020-03-12 07:50:03

Where do I get the bike?

2020-03-12 08:51:55

By BSG site You get byke from STW points and from gifts.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2020-03-12 13:06:08

@Ivan, that's not the point,
the game has a lot to do, even you remove the store, this game is loved by llarge number of people, it sounds like you're saying, turn off the store, remove the game from site, crash the server, just discontinue it. why you want to close it when all is fine and it's playable. also, it gives me an idea about how you handle your player base.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon