2020-02-05 00:11:24

Hello! Can you recommend a BGT decompiler?

Start of signature: I'm using a translation app.

If you like this post, please press the appropriate button.

2020-02-05 00:16:43

No, Because there aren’t any.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-02-05 00:49:52

Hmm.
What are you gonna do with that, eh buddy?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-02-05 02:49:10

There is no decompiler at this time.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2020-02-05 07:49:58

it's called the nosourceforyou decompiler, here it is.
http://doesnot.exist/don'tclone.ever

2020-02-05 10:16:08

If you want to decrypt sounds, that can be done, though I don't know how to do it and wouldn't tell you if I did.

As for recovering the actual source code, you're out of luck. Phil actually told someone IIRC that even he couldn't get the original source code back from a compiled executable, but just the AngelScript code which would probably be far different from the original code, and maybe not even be recompilable. Bottom line, if you have a game and you wrote it but have since lost the source code, you're out of luck. Moral of the story is backup, backup, backup, preferably in multiple locations.

2020-02-05 12:19:19 (edited by pauliyobo 2020-02-05 12:19:45)

@5, TBH, the fact that the OP asked for a decompiler does not necessarily make him a cloner.

Paul

2020-02-05 13:06:07

He wants to see Manamon 2 code so he can remove the registration right?

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2020-02-05 15:40:56 (edited by Lucas1 2020-02-05 15:41:57)

There is none, and likely won't be one. Even if you could decrypt the bytecode section of the executable (which would be the easiest part), you would then have to take that Angelscript generated bytecode and write a program that takes it and expands it into human-readable source code. For languages like Python this is done because Python is popular and open-source, but likely not for Angelscript and especially not for BGT specifically. And even with Python, there are ways to protect your code.

2020-02-07 04:57:15

Manamon registration is in registry

2020-02-07 11:16:14

no no don't tell him that!

2020-02-07 11:23:25

Seriously? That's super super insecure.

2020-02-07 11:40:11

Wha?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-02-08 04:55:32

How is it unsecure. You're just saving information in the registry like any other program does. If you want to secure information such as registration info, secure it server-side and make sure that validity is checked when a computer registers a new game. Also, pl,ease please please! Make sure that your save files are bind to a computer ID!!!! I can't stress this enough. If you want everyone and their mother, grandmother, cousin, distant cousin and girlfriend and girlfriend's best friend's brother's girlfriend's dad's uncle getting a copy, make sure the computer ID matches the one in the save file.

Ivan M. Soto.

2020-02-08 08:24:25

@14, I kind of hate this concept of locking down your save files. I hate it for two main reasons. One, you don't seem to understand that some people have multiple computers, and 2, why the fuck do you even care? If Bob's computer dies and he has a backup of his save file that he wants to use on his new computer, he might get a little bit mad when he figures out it won't work. Now Bob, having never shown an interest in this type of activity before, may start asking around if there's any way to get around this protection. What I'm saying is pick your battles. Want to protect your registration system with draconian measures like Code Factory? Fine, your users will still hate you but at least you can actually come up with a valid reason why. For a save system... nah.

2020-02-08 19:51:48

the thing that 14s point about save files are pointless
if a dev prevents me from sharing my save across other computers, or friends, i'M not touchint their game
you can prevent key sharing, but not saves, you would most likely looze most of your playerbase

2020-02-09 05:10:22

I guess the other solution you could find to this is save your registration info either in the registry or in a different file from the game, and lock that registration save file down to the computer ID. I see no problem to this, because now you can share the game's progress with your friends without sharing the activation state or other important information about you.

Ivan M. Soto.

2020-02-09 16:56:17

One question
Do you people know what he wants to do with the decompilor?

_____

2020-02-12 04:43:41

Does it matter?

Ivan M. Soto.

2020-02-12 05:54:51

Not really. Decompilers are dangerous tools, and in a community like this -- so fraught with people wanting to clone and to steel code -- that danger is magnified tenfold. I imagine that, should a tool ever be created, people would go to greater lengths to protect their code, which could only mean problems, not just for them as developers but for the users as well because, ultimately, the code would need to be converted into machine instructions. Depending on how obfuscated the bytecode is, that could take quite some time -- up to a fe seconds, though that's highly unlikely.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2020-02-12 11:05:12

I concur with Ethin. And @ Ivan, it matters because u could ramble on and on but he doesnt care a shit what you said. I think he is a cloner. Why else would he want a deco?

_____

2020-02-12 15:47:11

Whether he is or not, a decompiler doesn’t exist

2020-02-12 19:02:06 (edited by ivan_soto 2020-02-12 19:03:04)

Whether he is or not, not anyone's problem.
Would I want my code decompiled and leaked everywhere? No, of course not. But there are decompilers for au3, python, etc.
All I'm saying is, it's all up to the person and how you use the correct tools.

Ivan M. Soto.

2020-02-13 16:12:07

Maybe he only wants to decrypt sounds.

2020-02-13 16:52:16

He wouldn't need a decompiler to do that. Do you even have any idea how BGT pack encryption works?