2019-07-01 19:06:15

Oops, I cleaned up my dropbox at some point due to not enough space and this must have been a casualty. I put them back and the original links now work again.

Thumbs up

2019-07-02 15:29:47

Oh, Thank you very much!

Thumbs up

2019-07-20 13:42:27

Do I can make a Polisch translation?

I from Poland, My englisch isn't the best

Thumbs up

2019-07-20 14:13:25

I can't play with this mod
I ectract all zips
to good directory, and click options,
mods,
modern
and play
it is log game
2019-07-20 14:06:43,247 ERROR: error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "soundrts\clientmain.pyo", line 283, in main
  File "soundrts\clientmain.pyo", line 261, in main_menu
  File "soundrts\clientmenu.pyo", line 266, in loop
  File "soundrts\clientmenu.pyo", line 261, in run
  File "soundrts\clientmenu.pyo", line 223, in _execute_choice
  File "soundrts\clientmain.pyo", line 193, in single_player_menu
  File "soundrts\clientmenu.pyo", line 266, in loop
  File "soundrts\clientmain.pyo", line 184, in run
  File "soundrts\clientmain.pyo", line 176, in _open_players_menu
  File "soundrts\clientmain.pyo", line 165, in _build_players_menu
  File "soundrts\mapfile.pyo", line 208, in factions
  File "soundrts\world.pyo", line 862, in load_and_build_map
  File "soundrts\world.pyo", line 736, in _load_map
  File "soundrts\mapfile.pyo", line 105, in read
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'multi\\jl8.txt'

I from Poland, My englisch isn't the best

Thumbs up

2019-07-22 05:14:07

@patrick yes, you can make a polish translator and send it to the creator of the mod.

I'm just a machine that shoots swampy bullets like crazy! Well not that crazy, but still...

Thumbs up

2020-01-28 19:20:05

Hi, does for this mod have a new update, and more maps?

Thumbs up

2020-02-02 16:38:22

Just uploaded a slightly updated version. Added a gunship which is an air unit that can attack both ground and air units. Fighters can now launch missiles to hit a ground or air unit. And drones can now blow themselves up. Probably some other small changes in existing units, but can't remember them.
I also edited the first post which was not very well done, hopefully it's a bit better now.
Sadly no new maps yet though.

Thumbs up

2020-02-04 05:23:41

Niceness. I don't know if I posted it but I have been experimenting with some things on my end that have also added some stuff if you are interested in seeing it.

Thumbs up

2020-02-05 14:07:40

@33 yes would be interested in having a look at what you've done. If anyone wants to edit this feel free to and to post it.

Thumbs up

2020-02-05 15:12:06

Is there any news about soundmud?
When will he release a new version?

Thumbs up

2020-02-05 16:00:29

Sadly no. I sent him an email at some point but never got a response. Also wish he would release a new version, there's still so much unrealised potential in this game.

Thumbs up

2020-02-05 16:18:18

That's right, now I'm anxious

Thumbs up

2020-02-05 16:49:40

Didn't he releaced the source code if he cannot continue with the development?

I'm just a machine that shoots swampy bullets like crazy! Well not that crazy, but still...

Thumbs up

2020-02-06 19:03:57

Yes, the source code is available on github at:
https://github.com/soundmud/soundrts
So someone could fork it and continue development if they wanted to.

Thumbs up

2020-02-07 16:01:06

Sure thing. I'd be happy to post what I've done with the mod thus far. What I can tell you I've added some other units like a soar centre which recruits blackhawks and mh-6 littlebird helicopters. But it requires a specialized training centre to be built. The soldier units that can be deployed from this are special forces operatives and elite infantry. That's one major change I put in it. Another thing I did was update most of the sounds in the mod and made the weapon sounds for soldier units more realistic. Also there are not just one type of infantry but two. The first is your basic infantry that is kinda weak at but good for early game runs. The second is what they can upgrade too with the training grounds and those are elite infantry which can be deployed by blackhawks. Those pack a major punch for your buck and usually can storm buildings quite quickly. Another unit is the special forces operative which are deployed by littlebirds and are recruited by intelligence bureaus. These units are  equivalent to your modern day delta force snipers. Because they can't be seen, they can storm the enemy in great numbers but are difficult to get. Those are what I remember so far adding. Hopefully someone can help perfect the AI.txt file for me. If so, please feel free to post it. Anyways, here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rexflqq9pehwx … n.zip?dl=1

I also made sure to keep the original AI file just in case.

Hope you guys enjoy.

Thumbs up