2020-02-01 07:22:22

Hello, I hope this month goes a lot better for some on here. This month I plan to get a new phone because, my current phone is eventually going to not work with bluetooth or wi-fi as I am starting to have problems with both chips. I am going to play Cosmic Rage now.

2020-02-01 12:37:14

Hi,
I hope February goes better for me as well, both for School and for social stuff.
Gaming-wise, I am still tryinhg to complete Manamon, which is difficult because I don't have as much time as I would like to have at the moment.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-02-01 15:12:18

@Boo15mario thanks for starting the topic, and thanks to whoever made it sticky, which would have been one of the other staff. I know that Dark's going to be spending a while in Hospital with his lady, so I am sure he'd appreciate this. I just am not sure if it started today or not. Dark, if you're reading this I wish you both the best of luck.

2020-02-01 15:25:06

@Boo15mario, good job on creating the topic, glad the tradition is continuing since I do enjoy these monthly chat topics as people might have gathered.
I actually need to get back to cosmic rage. My new muteriansi character was doing quite well up until I had my ship distroyed, and I really enjoyed the new take on asteroid mining, even if I was a little irritated at the lack of solo space combat anymore.

@Aaron thanks. Yes, we've just had week two of radio therapy, and are starting week 3 on Monday and February is probably going to comprise weeks 4-6.

You wouldn't believe how tiring sitting around in hospital for two hours each week day is, and that's just talking about me, never mind my lady who's getting repeatedly lasered each time.

We#re also having to start my assessment to go on the guide dog list because Reever is retiring. This has been quite a tortuous affair for various reasons I won't go into, and has been far harder than it should've done, but hopefully from this point things should work out, even if Reever is going to have to retire when my lady's radio therapy is finished, though we've put in a request that she continues going until that's done since trying to do hospital with a cane, especially in some of the chemo wards with drip stands and such could be difficult.
Gaming wise, I've been having fun with dreamy train, the pace of the game is about as relaxing as I need right now, indeed Manamon 2 and a couple of other higher tension games like the tempest season mud have had to go slightly on hold since I've  been a bit too tired for majorly complex stuff right now, though maybe I'll see about getting back to cosmic rage and trying some of the more relaxing activities.

I have also just finished the war master series from big finish, and yee gods season 4 was amazing! seeing the master actually win by taking Davros' place and becoming creator of the daleks, then finding that victory wasn't all he planned, one of the best Bf stories I've heard for some considerable time I think.
I also hope to get to the 13th doctor's second season too, though as watching tv with vision is always a little more tiring, and there is no audio description I've not been quite as up for that.

The one thing I have done is submit a couple of my stories for publication in some magazines. No luck so far, but we'll see.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-02-01 15:46:37

I myself had a wake up call towards the end of January. I ended up having really bad stomach pain which landed me in the hospital, and we all think it’s because of how bad I slipped on my diet. I’ve never been a very good eater, and I think it’s finally starting to catch up with me after all these years. Looks like this month is going to be the month where I’m going to start eating more and eating better. This is going to be both very difficult and very stressful for me given how many years I’ve not been eating well, so any prayers/good vibes/whatever would definitely be appreciated. Dark, I hope things get better for both you and your lady; cancer is a very stressful thing to deal with. I’ve lost friends and family to cancer before, so I can sort of feel that stress, and it’s probably a lot harder when it’s your own wife. Good luck to you guys.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2020-02-01 18:19:20

@Dark, I don't know if I've taken the time elsewhere to say it, but I probably should have if I haven't given you and I are in similar situations.  I sincerely hope your wife gets better soon and that you all can get on with enjoying your lives without the gloom and doom of medical complications in the way.  I've heard it was cancer of some description but I obviously don't know much about it so will only say that whatever it is I am truly sorry you all are going through it.
My wife suffers from something called trigeminal neuralgia, a condition that causes her face to hurt at random times and for random reasons all associated with the trigeminal nerve located at the base of one's brain which is stimulated in a negative way.  They say it can be associated with blood vesels, a messed up artery, possibly multiple sclerosis.  I have my own suspicions but am no doctor to push further with my speculations to do anything about it even if I am right.  She had an MRI done on her back in 17 and a tumor was found in her spine, which I personally believe is compressing the nerve in question owing to the possibility that it has grown in the past two years as it was not removed as it should have been back then.  Once again, that last bit is hypothetical and I know very little about the medical field so can not honestly say for sure.
What I can say is that I've seen what it has done to her in just the past year.  Somedays she's as young and vibrant as she's ever been.  ON others she can barely get up out of bed but still fights valiantly to do so because she has four children to take care of and does her best to assist me with anything else that needs doing.  Regardless, before it seems like I"m writing out a post seeking sympathy which I am not, I can't stress the point enough that while I may not know precisely what you're going through, I do know that it has to hurt to some degree and has more than likely caused greater stress and perhaps confusion than any of us can imagine.  I sincerely hope things get better for the pair of you quickly.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-02-01 19:46:44

Well, I'm still dealing with a cold, and as usual for me, it takes forever to go away. I haven't been interested in Cosmic Rage lately, but I'll leave that alone for now at least. Recently, I've really gotten into second life, and am having a lot of fun being able to interact with a visual world without being able to see it. It actually makes me excited for what we can do in the future. Other than that, my pets have been doing pretty good lately, and I really want to get another dog, even though I know I can't right now. Good luck to everyone with their medical things going on. There never fun.

"900 years in time and space and I have never met someone who wasn't important." The Doctor.
Come say hi on Twitter

2020-02-01 19:59:53

Henlo.
This month has been a hard one for me. January, that is. I had to deal with a mentally abusive mother, who, unknowingly, set off my first anxiety attack on Wednesday that I'm still feeling slight aftershocks from. My girlfriend came for most of the month, and we were searching for apartments, but none were found, so we're back to square one in that regard.
On the bright side, though, this month will see the incoming of two of my most anticipated statues. Juggernaut and Spider-Man from Sideshow. So those will be two very cool statues to add to my collelction. I'm not sure what this month will bring, as it's all school and work, but it should be fun. I'm going to see Sonic The Hedgehog on the 13th, so that's something to look forward to.
Dark, I had cancer myself. So I know what it's like to go through it on a personal level, being the patient. I still get periodic MRI's from time to time to check on it, as it was never fully stopped, just subdued. Best of luck, and excelsior.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2020-02-02 11:58:21

@Dark:
I don't remember whether I have said this before or not, but as someone who lost his eyes to the cancer, (And really beautiful curly hare to the treetment according to my mother,) I feel your pain man. I don't think that I can say anything more on that topic, people have already said what I can say to you much better way than I ever could.

As for your stories, I want to know, what sort of format do you prefer to right? you know, the first person, or the third person.

So, my learning of java, continues, and lets just wait for it to complete before I give you my thoughts on that.

On the other hand, I picked up the second books of the spellmonger series, and the laundry files. my mother wasn't pleased about it, since the exams are dew in april, but I could get care less about them.

the jokes on the laundry files however, I feel that they are quite programmer oriented. you need the deep knowledge of computers to appreciate them. for example, in the second book there was a joke about how handing a c++ compiler to the students would not end well.

Also, there was  mention of the java applets, which died a harrific death just five years ago, yet in those books they are presented as something really good.

Anyway, I hope you have a nice febuary, since it is longer this year.

2020-02-02 13:25:38

@Nocturnus, really sorry to hear about Nightshade's own issues, spinal problems I know can be incredibly painful, so I hope she's as alright as humanly possible in the circumstances, and thanks for the sympathy.

@spiderman, as someone who grew up playing original sonic on the Sega Genesis (megadrive as it's known in the UK), in the nineties, I'm sort of dreading what sort of mess will be made of a sonic film big_smile.
my lady is likely to need lots of MRI's after she finishes as well, though at this point that sounds like a cakewalk particularly being something she's sort of used to. Indeed, like Dark Eagle, she had Ocular cancer herself as a two year old, which might have made her more susceptible to this one.

Oh, and btw, no, I haven't mentioned the specific type of cancer here quite deliberately since it involves some embarrassing lifestyle factors which are not really something my lady would want casually chatted about on the internet, suffice it to say, definitely not fun.

Well I'm having a nice weekend, indeed considering that we're spending a couple of hours in hospital each week day, weekends really! feel like a break at the moment, especially since we're staying with my parents and it's our one opportunity to get away and be at home together, and get some peace and quiet into the bargain. Though I will say it's nice to have a couple of days just to relax, I have at least setup our spare echo dot this morning. Being as we're spending so much time at my parents in Nottingham I bought a second echo dot for there, but for some reason it didn't like the wireless network, so I've had to bring it back here to setup properly.
When all this is over we may even get another one for downstairs in the house since they are handy, and I quite fancy that new rpg.

As to my stories Dark eagle, thus far I've mostly written in third person, though I'm up to trying something else if it fits, indeed one I have in the planning stage at the moment is in the form of a blog article.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-02-03 02:14:26

Ugh. This January sucked. As you can all tell from my topic. Its ben getting worse, and worse. I been hoping this month Improves. my birthday is in 9 days, and my mom planned a big barbecue, cake, and ice cream celebration. So some relief coming from there. I still try to remember my family at home when my life in school becomes shit. My brother, tries to train me, make me more tuff, but he doesn;t know how to go about it. He just makes me moree and more depressed everytime he tries. I decided to pursue writing for my school. They might start a school newspaper soon, so I may either write stories or columns about tech or something else. Trinidad is becoming more and more nose deep in Goalball, and I'm apart of it. I want to introduce power showdown to them as well. Dark, Dan, and Nocturnus, I hope you guys improve. I don't wanna sound like some generic person who says, I hope you feel better just for the sake of courtesy, but out of senseririty. I genuinely hope Misses Dark can at least find some sort of relief. Dark, I must say hats off to you. Many men would have just shipped off the wife up to Nottingham, which, my grandmother used to live in the 80's,  and stayed right where you were. Nocturnus, Nightshade reminds me of my mother. She has high blood pressure. She can be how sick, but everyday, she gets up at 4 AM, fix lunch for me and my little brother, she opens our store, and she gets my brother ready for school. And she doesn;t want anyone to feel simpathy for her. All she cares about is the people who matter to her the most. Her family. Dan, I had gastro antitis a couple months ago. Its not pretty. Just remember to drink lots of water, and avoid curry.
Do you guys have much curry outside Trinidad, the Caribbean, and India?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-02-03 03:54:39

@Dark, I promise not to push, but honestly?  Cancer is not something anyone should be shamed for, regardless what kind it is.  Lung cancer may or may not come from smoking, but smoking is a bad but popular habbit a ton of people pick up in their early teens; hell I knew a girl who picked it up at age 9 because everyone around her did it.  Beyond that I can't think of any legitimate reason for anyone to feel ashamed of something they cannot entirely help.  My wife has a great risk of both ovarian and cervical cancer as women in her family have both dealt with and died from it.  If anyone thinks that has to do with sexual lifestyles and the like they're sadly mistaken.  My point, once again is not to push, but to let you both know, particularly if you decide to pass this on and or she is reading this, that there's no reason for her to be ashamed of it.  There may be things she could have done to reduce the possibility... Maybe, but there's no sense in beating one's self over the head constantly and wondering what if I, rather than just pushing through with what should I do now, particularly if you don't know for certain that this or that would have honestly done any good in the end.  I mean, just as I know people who have gone down the lung cancer department because of smoking, I know life long smokers who have never had any kind of alement in their lives.
On the other hand, I totally understand where you're coming from and commend you for not disclosing the entirety of the situation.  Confidentiality on that level is absolutely vital to a relationship like yours and should be treated with respect, thus I'd take my hat off to ya if I were wearing one, but I've never worn a hat in my life.  I think the closest I can get to that would be shooting my eyeballs out of my sockets which I sheepishly admit is something I spent too much time practicing in an atempt to perfect as a kid, but which I obviously know would not get the point across any better.  Regardless, here's to the both of you and hoping for a better tomorrow I'll keep my ears, if not my eyes out for.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-02-03 06:09:51

It's been only a day, and I've done a lot actually. Today was the puppy bowl which is my favorite day of the year. For those that don't know, its a bunch of shelter puppies put into two teams, fluff and rough, and they are supposed to carry toys around a field, and if one ends up en the endzone, its a touchdown. It's just a fun superbowl alternative that brings awareness to shelters.
I ended up doing some terrible recordings for the second life topic, and that actually got me to start using Reaper. I'm planning on at least learning the basics of editing with it, but so far, its not my favorite. I'm hoping that soon I'll be able to get back into writing, as I've had a lot of trouble with that lately, but hopefully some idea will show up at some point.

"900 years in time and space and I have never met someone who wasn't important." The Doctor.
Come say hi on Twitter

2020-02-03 08:43:10

@Jaiden thanks, it hadn't ever occurred to  me to leave my lady with my parents in Nottingham whilst I stayed at home, that would be plane unthinkable, not the least because we've physically never spent a night apart since my lady came to Britain in January of 15, heck one night when we stayed in a twin bedded room in a hotel and couldn't  sleep together we were not happy.

Being two introverts We certainly do spend time doing our own things, and occasionally go out separately (something we would probably do more if we actually had friends around here), but generally speaking unless there's a valid reason not to, we prefer to at least be physically together as much as possible.

Good luck with the sports etc. Physical activity is a good thing, indeed another part of why I'm feeling a bit crappy at the moment is simply that since I've had a cold literally since Christmas I have had to stop my daily workouts with zombies run, though I'm hoping as I seem to be physically better that I can take that up again soon, particularly since they apparently have some pretty cool new adventures to try, like one where you play a roman soldier running along Hadrian's wall (especially interesting to me   seen the ruins), a dystopea sort of story, and even some sort of undersea expedition.

@Nocturnus, again, the sympathy is appreciated, especially since I know your not in a great position yourself with Nightshade being unwell. With respect to my lady's cancer I said, "embarrassed," not "ashamed." It's not due to any beliefs about what caused the cancer, neither is it any sort of sexual shame issue (as I have said before my lady is very open about such things), it's simply, as you said, about respecting her privacy.

Whilst I'm not too pleased about having to head back to my parents' in Nottingham and spend further time in hospital, on the plus side I've been doing some pretty awesome Doctor who of late.
ctually I've had a bit of a break from the big finish audios recently, so it's nice to get back to them, especially Torchwood which is as fantastic as ever.

2020-02-03 09:52:10

Since Nocturnus raised the topic of lung cancer, I would like to point out some observations:

Around 3 months ago, in Delli there was this kid who was diagnosed with the lung cancer, naturally he/she was not a smoker.

At that same time, there was this woman in her late twenties, who never smoked in her life, yet she was diagnosed with the lung cancer as well.

Naturally, the doctors revealed the cause: polution.

At this point, I hope what I am trying to say is clear.

2020-02-03 14:16:29

@Dark Eagle, post 15, very clear indeed.  Actually, the interesting thing is that they say that second hand smoking, IE, breatheing in what others are exhaling from smoking themselves can be more dangerous than smoking directly.  Regardless, your point stands strong and we need to realize that fingerpointing without all the facts is a dangerous business.

2020-02-06 23:00:58

Hi there all,

So, I've been in college for a while. I'm currently taking 4 classes with 1 lab and 1 recitation.  It's interesting, but damn do I hate the late night classes.

Other than that, I've been playing CLok when I have the time, honestly it's becoming  a bit of a burn out for me since I play it every day. I've been playing Second Life when I'm not playing Clok, it's fun, but fishing is pretty much the only thing I  can do, so we'll see. I go to the events sometimes.

So, there we are. My month is going pretty well.

2020-02-07 10:49:35

So, I finished the Jennifer Morg just two days ago, and I am surprised that I was able to finish it so quickly, specially since the Attrocity Archives took me entire month to finish.

Guess I like the character Robert "Bob" Howerd

2020-02-10 13:00:52

Dark and Nocturnus,
Both of your wives are in my prayers as of now. I am so sorry you are all having to go through these challenges, and I pray things will get much better for all of you very soon.

@Crescent,
Thank you for letting me finally understand what Puppy Bowl is. I knew it was puppies, and cute music, but that as all I could figure out.

I am reading a lot right now - the Bible daily, some history, and "Lock and Key" by Joe Hill. I hit a book slump last year, so it feels good to get interested in reading again. I just rejoined Audible and bought a 50-hour biography of Winston Churchill.

I am still playing Accursed Lands as my main Mud.
But I need to go back to Zombies Run, for health, but also because it's so much fun. I didn't know anything about these new adventures!

2020-02-10 19:55:04

Last month was one of the longest of my entire life..
My girl's dad was found dead in his home on New Years eve, one of my best friends found out that she too has cancer, and I found out that the eye condition I thought I've had all my life is not the one I really have..
There is more, but I'm not sure I can divulge it here. I'm trying to map out my next moves though, and figure out why no matter how good I take care of myself, I still never feel physically well..
Producing my chill-hop music keeps me going. I'm still looking for fun games for my iPad too..

2020-02-11 20:51:01 (edited by Dark 2020-02-11 20:52:43)

@Wes Hollow sorry to hear that, yee gods, it sounds like 2020 is going  be another one of those really aweful years when everything  goes wrong, or becomes wronger. I hope not.

@Mirage thanks for the sympathy, we're trucking on with the radio therapy, but things are a little exhausting at the moment, indeed part of that  is staying at my parents, since whilst they're lovely, my mum does go through phases of suggesting an idea she thinks is for my, or sometimes my lady's  benefit, and if we're not absolutely behind the idea she proceeds  try and steam roller us into it with extreme  prejudice, something for which I confess does rather try my tolerance when it happense repeatedly.

I'll say for both myself and my lady, not reading would be a little like not eating, possible to survive for a while, but damnably uncomfortable and likely to cause serious harm if prolonged big_smile.
I always have a book on the go, though I can break this for audio dramas occasionally, and of course my lady and I are usually reading something together too. Right now we're doing Tad Williams memory sorrow and thorn, one of my absolute favourite fantasy series ever and one  read twice before, though for my lady it's the first go around. I've also just finished my last review, for the cold moons by Aeron Clement; think of a rather substandard watership down with Badgers. , This means I'm giving the Doctor who audios a break and back to a novel.
I'm doing the night circus by Erin Morgenstern, a book which has been recommended to me several times by different people, about two magicians protege's who are supposed to duel each other  in a magical circus, but wind up falling in love instead.

The writing style seems absolutely beautiful, but I can't say much else.

gaming wise, I've gone back to Cosmic rage with occasionally dips into dreamy train. Actually Cosmic rage I'm enjoying very much at the moment since several of the issues I had previously have been fixed.

I've not actually tried cursed lands yet. I believe that is the sister mud to lament. Lament seemed interesting, but what to actually do in the game or even basic things like how to  find resources was a trifle impenitrable.

2020-02-11 21:46:30

Well i  personaly am reading the ascendence trilogy by Jennifer A. Nielsen chek goodreads

https://www.goodreads.com/series/67722- … nce-series
it is sworth of royal fantasy book. And as i am to that does any of you know of a fantasy book that has alot of cort skymming and political ploting?
And i am trying to write a short poem as well.
If we are talking about movies i watched recently the dead poet's society.

---
"A good ruler gives the goblet to his servants. He never drinks from it himself. The servants need his glory. He does not cary the flame alone.
For a spark does not lit the flame, but the spirit holds it in place. Forgeting that leads one to destruction.
(Enhemodius before the Altar of the Broken)"

2020-02-11 22:23:59

@Mirage, post 19... I sincerely thank you.  It'll have to be divine intervention at this point that does something, since I don't see her getting better anytime soon.  Her face constantly hurts, her back is not too far behind.  Sometimes her legs threaten to give out from under her.  She's had more than 90 surgical procedures done for different purposes, been given far too many steroidal and antibiotic medications and in this way had her immune system compromised.  A cold can keep her down for longer than a week; a stomach bug near about makes her a living dead girl, save for the moments when she's tossing her cookies.
Somewhere in between all of that she's managed to birth four beautiful children, but I'm sure even that has had its consequences.  Doctors won't prescribe actual pain medication because of the whole opioid crisis and doctors being held responsible for it all.  This is one of those moments when I just have to shake my head... I understand that there are people who are abusing the stuff, but my wife is no substance abuser and should not be labeled as such or be made to suffer for what others are doing.  Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my will and my way, and that's about as much as I'm going to say about how I feel concerning this situation and how it's affected me because I don't want to turn this into a poor me pity party, even though I do wish I had people to talk to.

2020-02-12 06:19:58

@nocturnus
Dam man. That sounds rough. Really sorry to hear that. All i can say is life is a total bitch sometimes.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2020-02-12 06:26:48

@Nocturnus:
I think that over all, you should try to hold yourself together, at least for her sake.

Now, as for the reading, I am already half way to the fuller memorandum, the third book of the laundry files. which just goes to show how much I like the series.

As for the gaming, I am sad to say that I don't find enough time to play, this has been like this for at least two months. but I am busy as well, since I am learning java, and exams of the second year college are about to begin. but I am sure that once all of this is over, I will get back to playing with vengence.

Actually, there is a strange thing I have noticed in my behavior with gaming. I really play a lot during the time of May, to August. after that, my will to play any game just saps out of me. I don't no why it is that way.