2019-07-01 19:06:15

Oops, I cleaned up my dropbox at some point due to not enough space and this must have been a casualty. I put them back and the original links now work again.

2019-07-02 15:29:47

Oh, Thank you very much!

2019-07-20 13:42:27

Do I can make a Polisch translation?

meow meow.

2019-07-20 14:13:25

I can't play with this mod
I ectract all zips
to good directory, and click options,
mods,
modern
and play
it is log game
2019-07-20 14:06:43,247 ERROR: error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "soundrts\clientmain.pyo", line 283, in main
  File "soundrts\clientmain.pyo", line 261, in main_menu
  File "soundrts\clientmenu.pyo", line 266, in loop
  File "soundrts\clientmenu.pyo", line 261, in run
  File "soundrts\clientmenu.pyo", line 223, in _execute_choice
  File "soundrts\clientmain.pyo", line 193, in single_player_menu
  File "soundrts\clientmenu.pyo", line 266, in loop
  File "soundrts\clientmain.pyo", line 184, in run
  File "soundrts\clientmain.pyo", line 176, in _open_players_menu
  File "soundrts\clientmain.pyo", line 165, in _build_players_menu
  File "soundrts\mapfile.pyo", line 208, in factions
  File "soundrts\world.pyo", line 862, in load_and_build_map
  File "soundrts\world.pyo", line 736, in _load_map
  File "soundrts\mapfile.pyo", line 105, in read
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'multi\\jl8.txt'

meow meow.

2019-07-22 05:14:07

@patrick yes, you can make a polish translator and send it to the creator of the mod.

73 Wj3u

2020-01-28 19:20:05

Hi, does for this mod have a new update, and more maps?

2020-02-02 16:38:22

Just uploaded a slightly updated version. Added a gunship which is an air unit that can attack both ground and air units. Fighters can now launch missiles to hit a ground or air unit. And drones can now blow themselves up. Probably some other small changes in existing units, but can't remember them.
I also edited the first post which was not very well done, hopefully it's a bit better now.
Sadly no new maps yet though.

2020-02-04 05:23:41

Niceness. I don't know if I posted it but I have been experimenting with some things on my end that have also added some stuff if you are interested in seeing it.

2020-02-05 14:07:40

@33 yes would be interested in having a look at what you've done. If anyone wants to edit this feel free to and to post it.

2020-02-05 15:12:06

Is there any news about soundmud?
When will he release a new version?

2020-02-05 16:00:29

Sadly no. I sent him an email at some point but never got a response. Also wish he would release a new version, there's still so much unrealised potential in this game.

2020-02-05 16:18:18

That's right, now I'm anxious

2020-02-05 16:49:40

Didn't he releaced the source code if he cannot continue with the development?

73 Wj3u

2020-02-06 19:03:57

Yes, the source code is available on github at:
https://github.com/soundmud/soundrts
So someone could fork it and continue development if they wanted to.

2020-02-07 16:01:06

Sure thing. I'd be happy to post what I've done with the mod thus far. What I can tell you I've added some other units like a soar centre which recruits blackhawks and mh-6 littlebird helicopters. But it requires a specialized training centre to be built. The soldier units that can be deployed from this are special forces operatives and elite infantry. That's one major change I put in it. Another thing I did was update most of the sounds in the mod and made the weapon sounds for soldier units more realistic. Also there are not just one type of infantry but two. The first is your basic infantry that is kinda weak at but good for early game runs. The second is what they can upgrade too with the training grounds and those are elite infantry which can be deployed by blackhawks. Those pack a major punch for your buck and usually can storm buildings quite quickly. Another unit is the special forces operative which are deployed by littlebirds and are recruited by intelligence bureaus. These units are  equivalent to your modern day delta force snipers. Because they can't be seen, they can storm the enemy in great numbers but are difficult to get. Those are what I remember so far adding. Hopefully someone can help perfect the AI.txt file for me. If so, please feel free to post it. Anyways, here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rexflqq9pehwx … n.zip?dl=1

I also made sure to keep the original AI file just in case.

Hope you guys enjoy.

2020-05-29 14:54:03

Hi, here are some suggestions that will improve the AI a bit.

In rules.txt add:

def human_faction
class faction
townhall town_centre
peasant worker

It will affect the default faction, named human_faction. It will help the AI build workers and town centres. Classic maps will turn automatically peasants into workers and townhalls into town centres. No solution for resources yet.

In ai.txt:
1. replace every "hanger" with "hangar"
2. for the aggressive ai, constant_attacks must be 1 (at the moment, "attack" just means "constant_attacks 1")

2020-05-31 14:11:44

Hmm can in next version of the mod add a air carrier as a naval vessel, and to improve ai to start to use naval units. For some reason ai do not use a shipyard and ships...

2020-12-31 17:52:36

Hi all, i'm interest does any work on new version of this modern mod, and is it possible to optimise ai to starting to use a naval-water units. Ai do not use water units and it is litle frustrated. You can make your fleet but it is useless. Olso i wish to add in units air carrier which can launch air strikes on enemy coast. It was been like a transport ships have options land marines, air carriers to have skills launch fighters or launch bombers or something like that. Can any explain to me how to create unit of this kind?

2020-12-31 22:39:26

@43: why not just create a knew topic instead of reviving a dead one?

useless post above

2021-01-01 18:19:06

What would be the point of a new topic? Topics like this get revived all the time.
I've kind of forgotten about this. That is an interesting idea, but not sure how to not make it overpowered. I guess the fighters/bombers would only have a short duration, and maybe could be modified versions that do less damage or something.

2021-01-01 19:20:46

Yees, i mean that air forces from air carrier have time duration and after which they return on mother ship for refueling. Mother ship in this case start to increasa mana points and when reach maximum, she can launch new strike. But it can be amazing if enemy can use fleet. For some reason ai do not use water units. Any suggestion how to modify that?

2021-01-01 20:46:00

Okay, now i try to modify some of m maps. I try with m2 map. I set to starting place be square which is ocean, and here i set as a starting units town-centre, shipyard and factory. In this case, ai can start to produce water units, but again do not produce.

2021-01-01 21:58:28 (edited by Tuohai 2021-01-01 22:03:20)

Because developers currently don't have a good way to design how AI will fight on water.
I am referring to the original author of soundRTS
That is, the current AI is immature.

2021-01-02 14:35:12

Just have downloaded the modern mod which I actually didn't see before, along with the addition from taljazz24, can't wait to try it out.
I am along with a friend of mine an addict and we play Blitzkrieg and CM almost every day.
Let's see, I will probably if I do not forget, write up some review or at least suggestions.
Since I would love to see the development and more mods in general

I choose to be happy

2021-01-02 19:10:39

I also want to play with you, can you tell me the server IP?

djsenter wrote:

Just have downloaded the modern mod which I actually didn't see before, along with the addition from taljazz24, can't wait to try it out.
I am along with a friend of mine an addict and we play Blitzkrieg and CM almost every day.
Let's see, I will probably if I do not forget, write up some review or at least suggestions.
Since I would love to see the development and more mods in general