2020-01-30 18:50:57

Hi.
I have just played the demo version. Wow what an amazing game. I'm blown away. The game is extremely well made. I hope the game will be released on other platforms in the future, which supports stereo sounds. That would be an amazing experience. I look very much forward to play the full version, and I will buy every single releases, without caring about that Alexa is not officially released in my country. I just need to experience this amazing masterpease of a game when it gets released. Just, wow... Keep up the fantastic job guys...
When I click the link in the first post from my computer, the page won't load. I'm not sure on how else I can write a review of the game. I'm using the Alexa app on IOS.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-01-30 19:48:35

@50 it takes5  minutes at most to do this. Don't get the big issue. Simple to fix if you really want to play the game.

2020-01-30 21:56:14

just wondering, is the cursed painting going to be a running project like "Magic Door" or is it going to be aone-and-done thing, as in all the content will be released when the game goes live and no more will be produced?

I'll probably play it either way, just want to know.

2020-01-31 00:42:57

Hi! I am trying to get the ALexa app on my computer, i have a windows 10 machine and am trying to get the app from microsoft store, but nothing happens when I try to click the link to get the app. What should I do? I really want to experience this game with Alexa on my pc.

2020-01-31 05:13:01

I would say visit the Microsoft store directly and search for Amazon Alexa, or use the Microsoft Edge browser (classic or modern) to properly bring up the store's page.

2020-01-31 07:59:28

hello
sorry but I don't stand what I have to do
I must find alexa app?
or???

2020-01-31 09:12:29

toto wrote:

hello
sorry but I don't stand what I have to do
I must find alexa app?
or???

Yes. Find the Alexa app for Windows 10, for IOS or for Android. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-01-31 12:58:11

Naruto wrote:

beast! freaking beast! wish it was still in stareo though. will the full version have  stereo quality?

Hi! Thank you for those kind words! Since this game is developed for the Amazon Alexa, we had to make it mono in order to enhance the audio quality. This is unfortunately due to limitations of the Alexa devices.

/Simon Strömberg

2020-01-31 13:05:08

SLJ wrote:

Hi.
I have just played the demo version. Wow what an amazing game. I'm blown away. The game is extremely well made. I hope the game will be released on other platforms in the future, which supports stereo sounds. That would be an amazing experience. I look very much forward to play the full version, and I will buy every single releases, without caring about that Alexa is not officially released in my country. I just need to experience this amazing masterpease of a game when it gets released. Just, wow... Keep up the fantastic job guys...
When I click the link in the first post from my computer, the page won't load. I'm not sure on how else I can write a review of the game. I'm using the Alexa app on IOS.

Hi!

Thank you so much for your incredibly kind words! We are all overwhelmed. We are definitely planning to launch future project on multiple platforms. Stay tuned, 2020 is going to be an amazing year!

/Simon Strömberg
Wanderword

2020-01-31 15:24:37

Hi! I can´t use Microsoft Edge because i get a warning from my screenreader when I try to use it. It tells me that edge is not supported by the screenreader I use. I use nvda screenreader. How does Microsoft Store work? I try to search it from my home menu, but the store i get to show up doesn´t have any search function.

2020-01-31 15:49:45 (edited by Wanderword 2020-01-31 15:50:15)

dalen lewin wrote:

This game seems very promising. However, if this is to be an RPG, is this going to be like the dark citadel where there are chapters and you can level up by going back to finished chapters? or will there be a random encounter system if you stay in the same place or if you explore? What if I am not leveled up enough for a boss fight or for another area? Will I be able to go back to previous areas to fight lower level enemies? I am playing this all the way through even if the answer is no, but the dark citadel is my favorite game on this device, so I am basing my questions off of that game, and if this could be the dark citadel but with good sounds and music, then this would be my favorite game.

Hi! And thank you! We are really excited for the full release.

In Cursed Painting, there is a main story line which you can deviate from any point and grind exp, buy potions & weapons and hang out in the town.

I don't want to spoil too much, but there will be interesting activities as an answer to your question.

/Simon Strömberg
Wanderword

2020-01-31 16:54:21

bookrage wrote:

just wondering, is the cursed painting going to be a running project like "Magic Door" or is it going to be aone-and-done thing, as in all the content will be released when the game goes live and no more will be produced?

I'll probably play it either way, just want to know.

Hi, thanks for asking.

After the full experience has been launched, we will continue producing expansions and release them on a monthly basis.

/Simon Strömberg
Wanderword

2020-02-01 00:47:26

Thank you. Yeah, this definitely sounds like an RPG I am going to be playing for a while. thanks in advance.

2020-02-01 19:52:55

dalen lewin wrote:

Thank you. Yeah, this definitely sounds like an RPG I am going to be playing for a while. thanks in advance.

No worries!

That sounds great. Enjoy your weekend!

/Simon Strömberg
Wanderword

2020-02-02 07:29:03

I have tried all three classes, but before you release the game, you really should fix when, even when you use fire or a bow and arrow, it still has the running and slashing sound effect. that won’t affect the immersion for me personally, as I always choose warriors in RPGs, but it might affect it for archer and maje players.

2020-02-02 10:29:29

hello
god this game osom
I cant wait when release full version

2020-02-03 11:23:29

toto wrote:

hello
god this game osom
I cant wait when release full version

Thank you!

Neither can we. Stay tuned!

/Simon Strömberg
Wanderword

2020-02-03 14:21:40

dalen lewin wrote:

I have tried all three classes, but before you release the game, you really should fix when, even when you use fire or a bow and arrow, it still has the running and slashing sound effect. that won’t affect the immersion for me personally, as I always choose warriors in RPGs, but it might affect it for archer and maje players.

Due to the limitation of the platform, we currently have no way of dynamically altering the sound.
We had to make a choice between having different sounds for each type of enemy or having different sounds for each weapon, and we wanted to maintain different sounds for each enemy in order to make each new encounter more unique and enjoyable.
In the design process for the full release especially, we decided to keep the sounds as weapon-agnostic as possible.
We are always trying to push the hardware to its limit, and if the opportunity arises we will try our best to improve on this.

/Oscar Lundberg
Audio Designer at Wanderword

2020-02-03 18:55:54

Still have no idea how to get Alexa on my computer. I have a account on both Amazon and Microsoft store, but it says Alexa is not available. I have tried to change my region to us, but can´t find the stting to do that.

2020-02-03 22:24:11

Similar problem here. I'd love to check this out but I don't want to get into trouble with Amazon for entering a US address which is not mine. I'm sure I'm speaking for many when I say as long as one has to jump through hoops it's not accessible even if it's amazing. Please invest in finding a platform which accomodates the simple fact that we live in different parts of the world.

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2020-02-03 22:48:33

You do not need to enter any addresses for it to work, simply specify it as the country. Besides, just like many others they chose to make an Alexa game. Even if someone can't play it, as unfortunate as that is they can't just re do everything from scratch on another platform.

2020-02-03 22:54:12

I run windows seven so despite all that I won't be able to play it. the limitations imposed for the playing of the game make it hard for people to play, best regards.

2020-02-03 23:11:54

Then use your phone. There are no limitations emposed by the game, simply it works on that platform. Amazon and Google games are a standard.

2020-02-04 01:34:11

I understand.

2020-02-04 04:26:57

i'm just wondering if that female voice is a TTS? I assume it is and if so, who is it made by and where can I buy it? it's cute and sounds very realistic.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.