2020-01-28 20:02:22

the description of the game is below, taking from the store. Such a shame it's not stereo though, how can it be immersive, if not stereo sound? will still try it though. How long is each adventure, assume same story each time? Explore ancient ruins in order to uncover the secret of a cursed painting hidden deep inside an abandoned castle, and stop the undead curse plaguing the kingdom in this expansive RPG.

Choose between three different backgrounds - a thief, an adventurer or a noble in this interactive role playing experience and get ready for a grand adventure!

Features;
- Character progression through equipment, perks, gold and levels.
- Rich soundscape throughout the experience.
- Dynamic combat system.
- Skill checks using your character statistics.
- Descriptive artwork for screen enabled Alexas.

This skill contains a free demo and will expand into a premium interactive audio game in early 2020.

Get ready to roll some dice!

2020-01-28 20:16:18

Awesome! Great demo!

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2020-01-28 21:01:19

this game sounds awesome based on the demo is there a way that i will be able   to perches it as i do not have a echo device and i would really like to play the full game when it comes out.

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2020-01-28 22:03:02

Shaun87 wrote:

Awesome trailer!
Will try the demo asap.

Thank you Shaun!

2020-01-29 01:40:12

hey guys. i really wanna try this but i don't have a amazon alexa. is there any way to play this game on my iphone?

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2020-01-29 03:05:49

Yes, there's an app you install. Search appstore for Amazon Alexa, make an Amazon account by using the app and you can play all Alexa games.
Congrats on a great demo, looking forward to the rest of the story!

2020-01-29 03:13:21

beast! freaking beast! wish it was still in stareo though. will the full version have  stereo quality?

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2020-01-29 03:25:39

@32

Quoting from @wanderword in a prior post:

The sound quality is limited by Alexa's hardware. Alexa devices are limited to 48kbps stereo files, therefore are all audio files played at 48kbps regardless of your device. We chose to sacrifice the second channel in order to make the experience a little bit better.

Regardless if it's stereo or not, I will play "any" and "every" Alexa game.

2020-01-29 03:31:14

For those wishing to play Alexa games on a Windows 10 machine, grab the official Amazon alexa App from the Microsoft Store.

For other platforms, if it's got Alexa on it, you can play this an any other Alexa game!

Anyone tried playing "The Cursed Painting on their Fire TV yet?

2020-01-29 04:17:57 (edited by Naruto 2020-01-29 04:19:33)

@33 I read the post. lol. I just didn't know if that was only for the demo or if it would carry over in to the full release as well i'm still going to play it regardless.

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2020-01-29 05:18:42

This game seems very promising. However, if this is to be an RPG, is this going to be like the dark citadel where there are chapters and you can level up by going back to finished chapters? or will there be a random encounter system if you stay in the same place or if you explore? What if I am not leveled up enough for a boss fight or for another area? Will I be able to go back to previous areas to fight lower level enemies? I am playing this all the way through even if the answer is no, but the dark citadel is my favorite game on this device, so I am basing my questions off of that game, and if this could be the dark citadel but with good sounds and music, then this would be my favorite game.

2020-01-29 09:22:01

Hi.
Wow. I've just heard the trailer. I look forward to give the demo a try on my iPHone.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-01-29 10:40:28

wlomas wrote:

the description of the game is below, taking from the store. Such a shame it's not stereo though, how can it be immersive, if not stereo sound? will still try it though. How long is each adventure, assume same story each time? Explore ancient ruins in order to uncover the secret of a cursed painting hidden deep inside an abandoned castle, and stop the undead curse plaguing the kingdom in this expansive RPG.

Choose between three different backgrounds - a thief, an adventurer or a noble in this interactive role playing experience and get ready for a grand adventure!

Features;
- Character progression through equipment, perks, gold and levels.
- Rich soundscape throughout the experience.
- Dynamic combat system.
- Skill checks using your character statistics.
- Descriptive artwork for screen enabled Alexas.

This skill contains a free demo and will expand into a premium interactive audio game in early 2020.

Get ready to roll some dice!

We decided to make it mono in order to enhance the audio quality, we deemed stereo files at 24kbps per channel significantly less immersive than a single channel in 48kbps.

The full experience will consist of approximately two hours of gameplay, with additional content being released on a monthly basis.

/Simon Strömberg
Wanderword

2020-01-29 10:40:53

Garr wrote:

Awesome! Great demo!

Thank you so much, Garr!

/Simon Strömberg
Wanderword

2020-01-29 11:55:16

music097 wrote:

hey guys. i really wanna try this but i don't have a amazon alexa. is there any way to play this game on my iphone?

Hi!

Yes, there is! Just download the Alexa app and enable Cursed Painting.
Open the skill by saying "Alexa, open Cursed Painting".

If you enjoyed the demo, please consider leaving a review.

/Simon Strömberg
Wanderword

2020-01-29 11:57:48

Naruto wrote:

beast! freaking beast! wish it was still in stareo though. will the full version have  stereo quality?

Thank you for your feedback, please consider leaving a review for Cursed Painting as it would help us out a lot.

Unfortunately, due to Alexa limitations we chose to go mono for the full experience as well in order to enhance the audio quality.

/Simon Strömberg
Wanderword

2020-01-29 11:59:50

nidza07 wrote:

Yes, there's an app you install. Search appstore for Amazon Alexa, make an Amazon account by using the app and you can play all Alexa games.
Congrats on a great demo, looking forward to the rest of the story!

Thank you so much! Please consider leaving a review and spread the word for the demo as it would help us out a lot.

We are just as excited for the launch of the full experience, stay tuned!

/Simon Strömberg
Wanderword

2020-01-29 13:26:18

queenslight wrote:

For those wishing to play Alexa games on a Windows 10 machine, grab the official Amazon alexa App from the Microsoft Store.

For other platforms, if it's got Alexa on it, you can play this an any other Alexa game!

Anyone tried playing "The Cursed Painting on their Fire TV yet?

Thank you for helping people out.
The demo is just as you mentioned available through the Alexa app on both Android and iOS.

/Simon Strömberg
Wanderword

2020-01-29 15:19:39

hannes wrote:

this game sounds awesome based on the demo is there a way that i will be able   to perches it as i do not have a echo device and i would really like to play the full game when it comes out.

Hi Hannes, and thank you for your kind words!

Unfortunately, at this time there is no way of purchasing a skill without owning an Echo Device.

/Simon Strömberg
Wanderword

2020-01-29 17:53:45

Hi!
I have an Echo device, an Echo Dot to be exact. How do I enable the skill on it given the fact I live outside the US? Amazon tells me my account is set up for amazon.de and your skill is not listed in that store.
All the best,
EG

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2020-01-30 09:24:47

@EternalGamer: Go to your Amazon account and change your country to the US.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2020-01-30 10:26:39 (edited by Wanderword 2020-01-30 10:26:57)

SLJ wrote:

Hi.
Wow. I've just heard the trailer. I look forward to give the demo a try on my iPHone.

Great! Please tell us your thoughts about the demo.

/Simon Strömberg
Wanderword

2020-01-30 13:30:59

So it's possible and legal to change the country on Amazon without actually living in the US?

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2020-01-30 14:47:57

EternalGamer wrote:

So it's possible and legal to change the country on Amazon without actually living in the US?

It is possible, yep. Legal? Properly not. But if you don't change your address, then i don't see the issue on doing that.
Those stupid restrictions are not our fault. If Amazon just made everything accessible world wide instead of those stupid country restrictions, then there is no need to do any illegal things at all.

Best regards SLJ.

2020-01-30 18:14:48

I say, fools are they who would try to publish something accessible, and then either publish it on Steam which many blind users find awkward to say the least, or publish to some platform that restricts access based on location. In both cases you would be scaring off a good portion of your potential testers or players.
Fools whose folly knows no bounds, too, are those who would view blind people as speech users only. We do have a form of writing. It is called Braille, and it makes all the difference where literacy and employment are concerned.
In short:
Use Steam, and accessibility goes down the drain.
Use Amazon, and dito.
Use speech only, and not only have you excluded the deaf-blind but you have also contributed to the demise of Braille.
Amen!