2020-01-28 22:48:16 (edited by Turkce_Rap 2020-01-28 22:51:16)

im gunna set-up live tails linux,  in a usb stick.

to revert bios settings all the time and asking for sight help is a pain as you know. it possible to access bios without sight help? what kind of method you use for this?

2020-01-28 23:37:50

Set it up using a virtualization software like VMWare Player. You can easily boot up a BIOS instead of a real OS in a vm and use that one to boot into your usb device.

2020-01-29 19:58:09 (edited by Turkce_Rap 2020-01-29 19:58:55)

@Hijacker

Would you suggest me any accessible tut or guide for that?

2020-01-30 10:19:07

See here.

2020-01-30 22:54:17

Thanks Hijacker

2020-01-31 16:16:35

Guys while i try to launch this vm, i got this error:

"Error while powering on: Failed to power on 'C:
\Users\Blabla\Documents\Virtual Machines\Debian
10.x 64-bit\Debian 10.x 64-bit.vmx'.
OK

How will i overcome this error?

i was trying to boot live tails linux, to do so, i've used vmware player + plop boot manager iso  + and tend to boot live tails linux in a USB.

i mean i was trying to access boot loader menu as Hijacker wrote above:

https://www.howtogeek.com/97923/how-to- … usb-drive/

btw. i choos debion 10x since i couldn't find "tails" in the vmware'S OS asking list.

2020-01-31 21:06:18

***up***

2020-01-31 22:03:14

The thread is one day old. Why do you feel you need to write an answer again to bring it up? Will that make people more likely to help you? I can understand if a few days to a week passed and you do that, but doing it in one day is really ridiculous. First, the error content is not very helpful, it can pretty much be anything so it's just guessing. However, why do you need to boot from an USB in a VM in the first place? Feels redundant to me because you can just boot an Iso directly in VM ware without the extra step of making your USB bootable. Just boot the iso directly and it should work. If not, perhaps the appropriate virtualisation technology is not enabled in your Bios, as it is sometimes not enabled by default and in that case you will need sighted help to find and enable it. Same applies if you want to boot directly from USB in your physical machine. Often, there is a key you can press while booting, f12 in my case to bring up the boot menu directly. That makes things a lot easier, as in that case you simply ask a sighted person once to tell you where the USB drive option is and then you remember how many times you need to press the down arrow and you can boot without the need for sighted help in the future. If it is a laptop, Google the name of your machine and how to access the boot menu and you should find it if it is possible. Same with a desktop, just the motherboard.

2020-01-31 23:47:24

nidza07
i somehow needed it urgently thus, i bumped it up.

and aaditionally, i need to boot it live from usb.

2020-02-01 00:46:35

@8, just note that thie memory method does not work if your using UEFI; UEFI systemstend to reorder boot menusbased on the order of detection.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2020-02-01 11:12:40

Ethin wrote:

@8, just note that thie memory method does not work if your using UEFI; UEFI systemstend to reorder boot menusbased on the order of detection.

this is not entirely true. if you disable csm, the order will be like this: first the bootloaders written in envram, then removable media if a bootloader is detected on them. Also often the last item on the menu is booting to firmware.
also you can manipulate entry's and there order from Linux using efi-bootmgr.

2020-02-01 15:11:08

Guys now i accessed to boot menu but, havving this problem.

USB boots up and linux (tails options screen comes up, i think that is the one. there are two options; One.tails two.troubleshoot mode. i hit enter and choos tails. Automatik boot starts counting down 4-3-2-1 then keep doing the same. probabely something prevents tails from to be launched.

How will i get over this?

2020-02-02 20:09:04

I would just like to point something out here, you do not require sighted help to boot.
Provided the machine will boot with out any changes in the bios, do the following.
Download disk geanius.
Install it and open it.
Press alt.
In the menues, find uefi entries.
Select the uefi USB device option and press up a few times until it is at the top of the list.
If you only want it to boot from the USB once, then check the box to only do it once and click save current boot entry.
Click okay, restart and that's it.

My main interest is tech.
Follow me on twitter if you would like, my username is @stealthy153

2020-02-02 20:14:53

@supremekiller

like i've pointed out above, Linux can't start, i mean it keep counts down as "AUtomatic boot: 4-3-2-1" and loop continues. How will i handle  this?

2020-02-02 20:59:24

@14, press enter when its counting down

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2020-02-03 19:54:00

@Ethin

Nothing have changed as far as i remember.

2020-02-04 20:23:57 (edited by Turkce_Rap 2020-02-04 20:27:51)

Guys, Automatic booting keeps looping as - 4-3-2-1, how will i overcome this?

i choos tails, hit enter, it keeps counting down as 4-3-2-1 even though i've tried beating differant keys nothing was changed.

2020-02-05 23:14:45

Guys if anyone knows can help? i still couldn't handle my problem. i bott tails linux with usb, after restart, USB boots up, there are two options: tails and troubleshoot mode. i arrow on to tails option and hit enter, automatic booting starts counting down 4-3-2-1 this loop never ends. what will i do with it, i hit enter while counting down but, nothing happend.

2020-02-06 22:12:33

I don't have enough expierence with this to exactly know your problem, but generally an OS won't boot if it is corrupted.

2020-02-06 22:23:08

@supremekiller

i've downloaded from official site.

2020-02-06 23:57:56 (edited by Stealthy 2020-02-07 00:00:12)

Hi there!
I've tried tales, and i kinda like the idea, either way, if you are using vmware, make sure it's using at least 1 gb of ram, if vmware is set to that or you set it to that, then simply wait and let it boot up itself, when automatic boot comes up, ignore  it and wait for the OS to boot.
By the way, I do not see a screen reader, but if you could tell me how to turn it on that'd be great

2020-02-07 12:03:14

@21
no i m not using vmware, on the other hand it suppose to use orca isn't it?