2020-01-25 15:50:01

Why not both?

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2020-01-25 15:59:29

Why am I not surprised about that every time we start a serious discussion, someone always puts a lot of sarcasm in one of his posts and then everyone starts joking... Oh god.

2020-01-25 16:20:33 (edited by Sovs 2020-01-25 16:21:43)

I knew deathstar were gonna whine about this lol. I mean i can't blame her like, at all. People were just having fun. How terrible is that? be ashamed people. Be serious all the time. Or something. Seriously Deathstar what is your problem. Post 1's question has already been answered  so chill. Jesus Christ.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2020-01-25 18:04:25

The question was answered, but people had a serious discussion yet. I also love fun and jokes, but not when most people are serious. Grow up, it's so simple. I really hope none of you go to a job interview, and after you have nothing constructive to say, you start throwing around silly jokes.

2020-01-25 18:21:49

I don't even know what to say lol. You will always find something to complain about no matter what. That is obvious by now. I really just should quit arguing with you cause it is such a waist of time. Sigh.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2020-01-25 18:22:45

Settle down everyone, settle down, the mature person in the room is talking. Or something.

2020-01-25 18:24:31

I think most of us understand the difference between a forum and a job interview. The social situations are entirely different. Do you really believe we are so stupid as to think they are the same, and should be treated as such? I'm...kind of not sure what you're getting at here.
Personally though, I'm wondering what nonsense you'll come up with if I tell you how blue the sky is today, or how cold the wind is. I mean, we're reaching a point where it seems that you're just objecting for the sake of objecting, and encouraging you to check your biases and challenge your language just isn't working, so I'm really interested to know what's next.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-01-25 18:31:32

No, it's just so irritating that some people find these things funny and it solves every serious discussion. I like sarcasm, I love humour, but this topic is one of the exceptions. I don't think any of you would be stupid or anything, but this wsan't the right situation for it. Other times you'd say if someone got the answer for a topic, then let it die.

2020-01-25 19:28:11

It has been quite tradition besides to joke about in more serious times in order to remind all of us that we are all trying to work together here. Lighten up a little. We shouldn't be taking forum matters too personally. We all want the same outcome, we just are trying to figure out how to get there. Some times, you need a good joke or mud fight to get us there. I already did the mud thing, so I'm off for a new gig. *throws snow at Jayde and runs away* LOL!!! (in a stage whisper) Now Nocturnus can reclaim his lost limbs. LOL!!!

Back to the more serious note, we aren't politicians. We're gamers here for some fun. Let's not forget that. This isn't some grand stately court, as much as it feels like it gets turned that way some times. That's why we have interludes of jokes like this. To remind us, that while politeness and respect are expected, it is not the level of a state function. In all reality, the idea here is civility.

I have a website now.

2020-01-25 21:12:37

Hi.

at deathstar no reason to make a ruckus out of this.
Yes, the humor on most of those threats doesn't appeal to me and I think of it as stale and not really fun, but that's my opinion and if the general public likes stuff such as poop jokes, let them, I think they are to simplistic for me.

Just leave and it at that and well, how should i say this, remember that saying from Frozen? That one song?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-01-25 22:01:04 (edited by Jaseoffire 2020-01-25 22:01:35)

I vote to have simba sit in a corner and think about what he has done. LOL!!!

I have a website now.

2020-01-25 23:14:37 (edited by Ethin 2020-01-25 23:16:41)

@deathstar, enough with your bitching and wining. Because that's literally what it is. You have no reason... absolutely no reason whatsoever... to complain about what this topic has turned into. It was serious while the question was answered and it devolved into a bit of fun and harmless playful banter after that. That is literally what happens in social interaction. When people have serious discussions, someone will eventually say something funny to lighten the mood. Also, your comparison of this scenario and job interviews was just funny. Thanks for that little bit of entertainment. It certainly didn't prove your point; if anything it made your complaint even less valid. I really hope you don't act all serious 24/7 when your chatting with people... if so, your social interactions must be very stilted and formal. I really feel bad for anyone on the end of that.
@Jayde, its actually not that cold up here in ND right now. A high of 40 is summertime here. big_smile And there totally aren't long patches of Ice that make walking around quite unsafe. You totally can travel round here and not slip. Really! big_smile

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2020-01-25 23:16:33

Is voting even legal anymore?

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-01-25 23:18:27 (edited by Ethin 2020-01-25 23:18:54)

@38, yeah it is.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2020-01-25 23:24:12

Well then, I vote that it isn't!  smile

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-01-26 00:18:53 (edited by Ethin 2020-01-26 00:19:30)

@40, No! I vote that it is legal for anyone else but you to vote! *cackles* big_smile

My Github

2020-01-26 00:39:04

If I win this vote you will be illegally voting.  Of course, if I could theoretically win such a vote said vote itself would honestly be illegal by virtue of what it is I'm voting for, so yeah.

2020-01-26 01:51:36

Blah blah blah paradox
blah blah blah imminent heat-death of the universe.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-01-26 02:12:33

Save for the fact that you chose to address said paradox rather than ignore it... Paradoxical indeed!  smile

2020-01-27 23:45:52

Hey guys!
I'm replying to this topic quite late, but yeah.
I think Jade is a very fair moderator, he is unbiased and honestly if it was me I would have probably have banned you by now @deathstar.
I don't think you understand that technically your breaking the personal attack rule a lot.
I have viewed all Jade's decissions since he became moderator and I've nevre seen him do anything unreasonable.
In fact, I haven't seen any of the current mods do anything unreasonable. At this point deathstar, I really think you need to look over your poasts, consider how unreasonable you are being, and try to make some better poasts.
Oh, and before i finish this large poast, let's get your unreasonable reasons for accusing the moderators. Your only reason for what your saying is that a stupid poll was put up and nobody was thinking when they voted.

My main interest is tech.
Follow me on twitter if you would like, my username is @stealthy153