2019-10-14 05:17:55

98: You can only report a post, but that links to the topic, so we tend to read other posts for context.
Also, just because we haven't responded doesn't mean we're not actively reading topics. Sometimes it's best to let things shake themselves out before we act.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-10-15 22:57:43

Stupidity of stupid people is stupid. Stupid people who continue stupid jokes like me are stupid. Topics are stupid. This topic is stupid, posts 1, 37, 11, and 102 are stupid. No actual reason behind those posts.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Thumbs up

2019-10-16 04:13:03

No I mean 102 is, well… Am…

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

Thumbs up

2020-01-21 09:34:48

Yes. Yes you are

Thumbs up

2020-01-22 00:07:38

don't worry, mailbait will take care of him.

2020-01-22 01:58:01

what the actual fuck! yall just had to revive this crap topic? ok, mods, close this shit right now please.

warning: this post is about to end, press h, or don't, I don't mind.

Thumbs up

2020-01-22 02:17:59

Wonderful, making demands of the moderators! Also, while I would not be the one to revive one of your old topics where you’re being immature or add your email to a spam list, I will say you kind of had it coming to you for acting the way you did. Maybe next time you’ll think before doing stupid shit like this.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2020-01-22 02:52:06

@Post 106: You made the crap topic after all, you're hardly in a position to complain. However, you also know where the delete topic link is. Use it if you don't want the topic hanging around as a legacy to your lack of maturity.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

Thumbs up

2020-01-22 03:08:25

moderation:
I'm handing out warnings to Xoren and rory-games for suggesting and advocating use of a site meant to harm another member of the forum. If you truly must do this, keep it off forum please. The last thing we need is a bunch of angry users spamming one another.

rules wrote:

The sharing or encouragement of illegal material or activities (game cracks, copyrighted torrents that are not free to use, etc.) is not allowed.

end moderation

There are much better ways of handling a situation that don't include rushing to the nearest script kiddie tool. In fact I believe filling his mailbox with pointless advertisements will have the opposite effect. Revenge is a never-ending cycle in most cases. I blocked my email from being used on there a while back and recommend others do so as well. It may help, but probably won't. Now Christian has another tool in his arsenal, think of it that way if you must.

Thumbs up

2020-01-22 03:20:55

Nevermind you are breaking the tool's terms of use. Who cares about that legal stuff though right?

Thumbs up

2020-01-22 03:21:33

LOL. Far be it from me to question your moderation skills, but you're warning me about a message I made in a completely different topic and siting a rule which doesn't pertain to the website or subject. Mailbait is a perfectly valid service for testing the viability of email filters, and the site clearly states that your IP and info will be included in all generated materials. Nor is mailbait involved in the distribution of any illegal material -- it only distributes emails which, if I recall, are still legal. No torrents or downloads are advertised on the site. The rule you're quoting prohibits the sharing and distribution of illegal content, torrents, downloads, etc, none of which I've participated in. I'll accept the warning, but I'd like to see a more accurate rule to the situation.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

Thumbs up

2020-01-22 03:55:26

What should I even say to this? Should I waste my time?

Thumbs up

2020-01-22 05:02:50

While the rule was created specificly to address cracks and illegal content, it can also be read and understood as:
The encouragement of illegal activities...
Spam of this sort is illegal in many different places, in addition to violating mailbait's terms of service.

Thumbs up

2020-01-22 05:56:42

Just asking, but did you get approval from the other mods to give him that warning? Also, why couldn't you just respond in that other topic, you know, the topic where Xoren was actually contemplating submitting his email to mailbait? Also keep in mind, he expressed no confirmation that he was actually going to do anything like that. Rory actually did it, and publicly admitted to doing it.

TWITCH

2020-01-22 05:59:26

yes. This was discussed between several staff members.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-01-22 07:11:51

I would have responded in the other topic, but it had been closed and I don't favor handing out punishment without the opportunity to discuss it in further detail if necessary, especially in this case where I could see the potential for a bit of controversy.

Also, for the record, the rules permit warnings from staff members without prior approval. It is this way to speed up the process, just in case you didn't know.

Thumbs up

2020-01-22 07:48:41

If this had been a ban or a watch, then it would have been discussed before anything was handed down, but as this had been floating around all day and being talked about, that's what was decided.

Given that stuff was coming up in a couple of threads, it could've gone either way.

The long and short is: please don't threaten to do illegal things to people on the forum. If what you're threatening is just plain jerkish and not illegal, and the action itself is going to be off the forum, there's only so much we can and will do, but we wanted to take a fairly firm stance on this after the Christian gloating debacle.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2020-01-22 08:38:12

yes you are

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

Thumbs up

2020-01-22 09:29:46

for some reason I don't think this is a little kid behind this Christian account, no highly doubtful.....another thing, mods you see this kid, or grown adult topics/actions on and outside the forum is causing a bit of chaos, so why haven't you all just band him to nip all of this in the bud? I feel like you all are waiting for an explosion to issue the band, but why even wait for the inevitable to happen? put out the fire before it spreads....he is lucky I am only the clone of a mod, otherwise I would have slapped him with a band so fast on that other topic, faster than a smoovgunner could reload his shotgun

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

Thumbs up

2020-01-22 09:54:40

I agree. So far this kid hasn't shown any signs of changing his ways, and whenever he's on here it's usually to cause trouble. I mean, clearly he doesn't like to work for things. He not only ruins pretty much any social gathering he's a part of, but he also says he's proud of it. Oh yeah, and let's not forget his support for games with stolen source code, as evidenced by not only the topic I linked above, but his signature as well. I just linked to 3 different topics where he's being a nuisance, and that's only the topics he's made. That's not even counting his posts, and the topics I may have missed. Wouldn't this be grounds for the community failure clause? Why do we still let him browse this forum, despite the trouble he's caused?

TWITCH

2020-01-22 16:08:37

Without being a part of the panel but with personal experience in such matters it is my belief the mods will eventually aim for that angle.  The problem, I believe at present, is one of attempting to do it as unbiasedly and as neutrally as possible.  The truth is that sometimes ya just gotta let them hang themselves.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2020-01-22 17:12:59

The other truth is that you folks are expecting an instantaneous decision. Shit happened less than forty-eight hours ago. I've said before and will say again: sometimes in cases without clear precedent, it takes a little bit of time to get things done properly.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2020-01-22 17:28:41

@Jayde, why the warning Xoren got has not been written to the official log? Is Karter following a different, better set of rules than any other mod?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-01-22 18:07:45

@Nuno was 123 really necessary?  It showcases just how snide and petty some of you can seriously be.  I mean is it just possible that, *gasp* cartertemm just forgot?
For the love of all won't you all just accept that mods are human too?  Sure you can try to hold them to a higher standard because they enforce rules, because they have to pass down judgment and whatnot.  At the end of the day though?  I'm pretty sure they have hair on their heads unless they deliberately went and shaved them, eyes on the front of their faces unless they had to have them removed for some reason or another, noses they smell with, ears they hear with, mouthes they hopefully use for eating and other better purposes than some of the flaming I see going on here, and on and on we could progress through the human anatomy if we must.  The point is?  If I didn't believe that to be true, then I just might be throwing a bit more of a fit myself.  As it stands, last I checked, they weren't superheros, they had lives to live outside of this forum that sometimes spawns some of the craziest dramafests, and relationships to cultivate that don't involve holding the hands of a bunch of people who are going to sit around playing "lets see what the mods do wrong today."

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up +2

2020-01-22 18:22:07

Agreed Nuno.
Nocturnus, we wouldn't mention this again and again if it wasn't a constant issue and was a one-time mistake.

Thumbs up