2019-12-30 18:01:28

The server's not down. The devs are just trying to encourage you to find a hobby. You know, with people.

2019-12-30 18:12:41 (edited by omer 2019-12-30 18:12:52)

trolling and rp are 2 verry difffrent things, just saying

2019-12-30 18:16:04

eh, I do admit I took it over the edge but it's trueth. You can't do anything you probably, may want to do

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2019-12-30 18:57:37

Hmm. that puts the game in a bad light. What I ment was if you think of a quarter story like you being in a non sivilised area, you not speaking galactic, or anything like that, it won't happen. the game is good for normal rper

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2019-12-30 19:06:43

you can sure rp such a character, but if you want to be cared fori you must use english terms
you can emote something like this, or get an accent
speaks with an unknown gurgly language, or some sort
and imagine, in real life, are you abel to say, oh man fuck the military they can suck their leaders toes. If your going to play a rogue, go for it, if you rp it correctly, i'm sure you can do it, you can still get away from military stuff with civilion powers if you play the cards right. The most powerfull feature is the roleplay, as you see, hosts are holding events time to time, and you can ask one for help over a support tickets or through the event raffle.
though, its agin not going to work if you create a character level it up to 2000, and open a ticket, i wanna play a rogue thanks.
you gotta set the scene first, your characters storie, profile, what are their goals and so, as i said if you play it correct a rogue char is ossible, this game has seen fiew good rogues in the passed before that impacted the game storry with fiew ways

2019-12-30 19:21:39

Is any one having problems connecting to the server?

2019-12-30 19:28:34

You can say that in real life, yes. My isssue with CR is it's the same people, day in, day out, arguing about the same things going around and arund and around in circles. See, in RL people who criticize a military get called out depending on where they are in the world.

No. Accents are /not/ free. You have to donate for that. It's up to the hosts if you'll get the accent as well, since they have to add the item to your account. So you are still at their whims and follies. If they don't want you to play that character then they just....can't give you the accent, or they'll suggest a different one. On that note. It's 200 or however many freaking years in the future. What's up with all the modern day 21st Century accents for humans, anyhow? Like, I'd expect ones from Harmonia, Salura, etc...but no, real life accents. That's sorta immersion breaking IMO.

My main gripe though, is how boring it is. It's like...log on. Make a choice. Do I grind for activity, do I RP if I can find it? The two systems aren't really compatible.

Here's how I'd design it.

1. Get rid of levels*

2. Encourage RP

3. Have events be in the background. Not big omg the moo is in event mode you can't do x y z types. It feels like the hosts are railroading players down their story. Which is okay. But that's not the impression the game gives off. Like, if I want a loner char, I don't want them involved in events, but they're still dragged into it due to event mode and not able to say on OOC I don't wanna be part of the event, can't I do something else?

4. Scale back activities. There's only a handful that give good cash/XP

5. Get rid of the skills system*

* I'd instead have affinity levels.

It'd go like so:

Affinity level 0: You don't know how to do anything with that thing, be it ships, guns, etc

And so on, up to affinity level 10. You got your starship license? You get boosted up to starships level 1. Highr starships would need more affinity levels. Same for skills

You'd learn by doing. Not going to a specific area and training. Want to get better at shooting things in my imaginary system? Shoot at a target on a range. Want to get better at, say, kicking somebody's teeth in? Fight 'em. Learn by doing.weapons

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2019-12-30 20:50:47

I hope your talk will be heard, or else it's gonna be waisted. i love the new system if it would happen

2019-12-30 21:04:37

The only issue with the uncivilized savage approach is that you went through an academy and some sort of proper schooling before becoming a pilot. A character like that would never have been trusted with any form of heavy duty technology. It's the same with other space muds, with Star Conquest technically having you as part of an affiliated mercenary group after training. That stuff would of been forced out of you or you would just be like the rest of the normal people without piloting rights.

When one role i actually haven't seen allowed that would fill such a role would be a non-polit character. Cr does have a bunch of non-ship related activities for a normal civilian to take part in. Also I doubt one needed piloting knowledge for most of the organizations outside of the Space Defense League. Though ranking up would be entire weird, it'd at least give an idea that being a pilot isn't the only way of life. This is in avoiding the other portrayal of everyone else like, in Star Conquest, where if you're not a mercenary pilot, you're probably living in horrific living conditions and are poor.

And meh, I'll admit this now. Outside of 2 players, everyone else sucks as a criminal. On other muds, players playing a more atagonistic role tend to scheme and come up with more complicated plots and tend to have enough influence to sway events on a game. 90% of criminals on CR just throw bombs and randomly attack things, just being common thugs and murderers. As well, they do these on throw away characters that they plan to abandon when caught, or start going violent at rank 1, with no real ability to evade capture or be a credible threat. So their criminal activity is just more akin to trolling than some sort of mastermind.  If you want to make a criminal, be more like the Joker, and not the Joker's minion easily punched out by batman.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2019-12-30 21:20:48

surtonly, if your rp concists of get bombs, bomb maraquta, smuggle, pilots report you, go in to jail for 2 weeks, all over, that wont really work
you gotta play your cards rights as i said

2019-12-30 22:09:51

@Vazbol: That's not a concrete argument, there's a lot of real world evidence to show that people who would later turn out to be criminals did fine in academies and psych tests (looking at famous and extreme criminals), it's one event that turns them down that path. So it is entirely possible, IMO to play the long game, go through the academy then have the one event that sets you up for being an 'evil' character.

My issue is though, that it's not rewarding to be an evil character thugh. Not when there's the perception that you'll eventually lose anyhow, so what's the point? You've no idea what the MI/SDL/etc is doing against you, and, let's say I do manage to RP out a corrupt SDL or MI officer. The other payers would immediately cry omg metagaming, even if I've logs to show I'm not, then the perception is the MI/SDL will shut that down ASAP. Whether that's right or not...that's the perception

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2019-12-30 22:25:38

@play your cards right.
Can you tell me how to play my cards right? Your just playing your cards right, but your not telling us how to play, our(cards) right

2019-12-31 01:21:19

Oh no, I was more referring to the uncivilized savage concept. Unless you manage to somehow play an idiot savant, but that character concept is really difficult to actually roleplay from what i've observed. I'm Fully aware criminals can easily blend in enough to bypass their training and what not. I was more poking at concepts who would never even have passed the academy speaking in half words and not reading.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2020-01-01 14:23:16

As an anime/manga fan, I've seen many characters who are very smart, passed all the tests and requirements in their universes, in short they were loved by society and was highly respected but turns out they're rotton apples all along. When I created my first character in cr, I bombed Maraquda by accident. That would be an excellent time to start my criminal days right? No. Everyday SDL were hunting me, people are antagonizing me in chats and all that shit so I couldn't play in peace unless I turn off my communicator, but even then the godly power of the military can sniff you out wherever you are, and can arrest you and put you in jail without much effort. So what's the point of playing an evil character if you don't have any cards to play? In other games even that those who aren't rp games, evil characters have advantage and some immunities, in cr you need to be good and law abiding all the time. How boring. Yes, evil characters can be anything. Educators, priests, doctors but why not pilots?

The Creator is the greatest creation

2020-01-01 19:24:48 (edited by Dakonna 2020-01-01 19:27:31)

As someone who once had an sdl character, I can tell you that these days it'll probably be quite impossible to play a rogue. Ryacus managed ok because the systems that are in place today weren't a thing back then. if the SDL want to stop you from doing just about anything, they can. They can literally stop your ships from launching/landing from anywhere, jumping, etc. I don't actually know if the same restriction applies to factories, but since player police forces are known to have way too much power in these games, I guess it does. So you can't even build some fortress out in uncharted to use as a crime base, because if the sdl place these restrictions on you, you can't even land on your own shit. Ryacus is pretty much the only example of rogue rp that wasn't just "troll punches player, sdl immobilize troll, MI capture troll." The thing is, even the one criminal activity that exists, smuggling, punishes you if you do it, a fact which is out of your control. Planets will just randomly shout out over fc that you're smuggling, and then everybody hates you. Regarding cr's rp, don't even start about that. I wrote a post about this a long time ago which was, I do admit, a bit ranty and impolitely said. However, I changed a lot of things after the fact to make it a lot more reasonable, and posted it as a gripe. The gripe got absolutely no response from the hosts, despite there being 4 strong agreements and 2 agreements facing just one disagreement. When I finally brought it up at an htpc, it was immediately shot down with a statement by nate, in which I couldn't even properly figure out what he meant and which didn't even try to address the points I tried to make. He ended it by basically saying that "the writer of the gripe is probably just jealous, because they submitted it anonimously." I couldn't even defend myself to this accusation, because htpcs are set up in such a way that hosts have to approve every statement the players make. So my defending statement was simply rejected, and on we rumbled with other stuff. I get it, the hosts wrote the lore and they're proud of the universe they created. All I wanted to do was to give suggestions on where it could be improved, all for the sake of roleplay. There were some things in that gripe that could easily be fixed simply by appending an extra line to a help file there, creating a new one with some elaboration there. Nothing game-breaking, nothing that requires you to have a rocket science degree or anything. Why, for example, someone would need to be profficient at flying ships to join the gmc, jag, or even the MI is beyond me. I can sort of understand that the MI would have to know ship layouts for boarding the enemy but that's about it. Even that doesn't hold up too well if you scrutinize it sufficiently, because today's countries have different military branches that deal with such things for a reason.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-01-07 16:38:40

Hi everyone,
I've been away for quite a long time, and now when I try to log into my account, I'm being taken to the email verification screen. No matter what you do to change your email address from that screen and try verifying, it never works. As if that wasn't enough, after changing my email from that screen, selecting the view my current email option shows that my email is "undefined". I'm completely stuck. Could anyone help me out with this issue?
Thanks in advance.

2020-01-07 19:33:19

hey saiteja,
you might want to put a login about that problm
describe the problem your having in detail, i'm sure someone will reach up to you

2020-01-20 18:31:06

someone should lookup and fix that email problem for real though, a few peapol have been effected with it, old players that wish to return to be exact

2020-01-20 18:51:19

I actually just got into this mud today and I quite like it.
I do have one question how ever.
Do I have to go threw the intire school or the acatamy or whatever it is before I can continue?

2020-01-20 18:56:06

no, but i advise you to go through t to learn most of the mechanics

2020-01-20 23:59:46

@750 Definitely!
The academy will tell you everything you need to know, so go through it and pay attention

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.

2020-01-21 01:53:28

I don’t know, you do not need to go through everything in the Academy. Really, getting started and knowing how to look through Help files is all you need.

2020-01-22 21:20:36

The biggest hurdle to me enjoying this game as much as it probably deserves is that unless you pay cash, you need to manually save your character past a certain point. Moos and muds that don't autosave is a relic from at least a decade ago, but generally longer, and putting it behind a cash wall it really bothers me. Especially since a lot of this topic consists of the game crashed messages.

thanks,
Michael

2020-01-22 22:07:24

hello drums61999,
most of them are not crashes, if you use cosmicrage.earth instead of cosmicrage.nathantech.net most of the problems will go

game wrote:

The server has been up for 22 days, 7 hours, 59 minutes, and 9 seconds.

the save command, for saving is for saving the snapshot of your clone
the database already saves itself automaticly, for instance, your factories, ships, apartments, cash ...

2020-01-23 00:33:06

It just seems like an archaic system to me, and it really bugs me as a player. I wouldn't have so much of a problem if the autosave item was obtainable in another way besides needing to pay for it with cash, or being lucky enough to get on for the anniversary event and get a lot of cash points like I did for my only character. Those kinds of loopholes though are more luck in my opinion than anything, and it just seems to me like it's an extra very minor thing that most people are probably writing a timer to script anyway, which, if I'm reading the policies correctly, is illegal.

thanks,
Michael