2020-01-15 18:30:41

Admittedly, for some classes... One's better off with no armor to benefit from the dodge bonuses, as it's not really worth the encumbrance penalties unless it's steel armor and above.

My favorite class is agent. Playing as a clockwork steam assassin is fun, with the imperial route giving you ways to violently poke people, or Loneman, which has a bunch of powerful support abilities, debuffs, and an area backstab flurry. (Also Loneman network does grant a recall ability from anywhere back to the main city at the hideout).

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2020-01-15 18:32:58 (edited by hadi.gsf 2020-01-15 18:36:53)

Just remember if you're an agent or rogue and rely on dodging and moving fast, you at least need leather armor  from level 20 or above because you will get hit hard by  the mobs and you need armor to protect you, so your best choice is armor:leather
when you are up to level 30, then you will buy leather armor with steel protection
So  definitely get the armor:leather skill and practice it

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2020-01-15 18:46:49

Meh, it seems the opinion of players is that medium armor is better for an agent. They get a buff to str with the hand gear to help with the weight problem, and I"m rocking platinum chainmail.

2020-01-15 19:13:10

Debating making an agent, though currently on my rogue and going in circles trying to find that damn hoodlums quest. Everything else in the docks needs it to be done. I've done everything up to the drill. I'd like to knock out all the starter quests, so...any hints?

Also, should I try an agent, or is it stupidly gold intensive?

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2020-01-15 19:28:47

having trouble fighting quickly in this game, but am learning quickly. It is nice that in many ways, combat is slower. than it is in many other games.

just wondering, as I created my character, it mentioned "personal quests." This sounds cool and was wondering if any of you guys had any yet and what they were like.

2020-01-15 19:45:16

hello guys i am kinda new with these muds so i have installed mushz and currantly using alter aeon with it.
now how do i connect this one there?
i tryed to go in new world and typed the address in the box after the  world name and the port and also the proxy port as well but its not working for some reason
can any one guide me with it?
thanks!

2020-01-15 20:08:40

@Vazbol

You're running an Agent, right? Would you suggest evonia or loanman for somebody who wants to play the shadowy sneaky sort? I'm weighing up both and they both look good...but.....but.....

Is there a better class fit, I already got a rogue as an alt

Also on Linux natively

2020-01-15 20:12:16

Figured I would put myself out there. I'm going to start working on a simple VIP soundpack for the game. I've only ever made simple communication triggers for myself, but I'll see if I can put something together. If anyone wants to help feel free to send me a forum message, I'll be keeping an eye on them.

"900 years in time and space and I have never met someone who wasn't important." The Doctor.
Come say hi on Twitter

2020-01-15 23:02:56

This mud sounds really cool, except I hate, hate, hate RP Enforced! I don't mind RP once in a while, but I prefer to do it because I want to, not because I have to, and it's just a game, so if I want to play it and talk to my friends about real life, I don't want to get told off for it. A lot of good muds are like that and it's infuriating.

2020-01-15 23:42:57

Regarding soundpack I could help if someone can help with doing that. To be honest my knowledge is not that good, I am just a sound designer.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2020-01-15 23:56:08 (edited by hadi.gsf 2020-01-15 23:57:21)

@Lirin, @crescent
Would you guys want to perhaps have a place to discuss making  a soundpack? Dayrinni will   create a channel for us in A tempest season's discord or we could use skype, etc.
I would love a soundpack and i will try to help where i can, just not with the sound part of it, How would the doom blade sound like everyone? big_smile
edit: He made #sound-ppack on discord anyway, but yeah let me know if we should have some place to discuss it
@CheekyMonkey
Like i mentioned earlier all is expected from you is to remain in character in public etc since people enjoy roleplaying as their created character
You can talk with your friends in a group chat, in public chat channel, discord, skype or teamtalk. You can organize mob hunting and talk about the game all you want, It's just  destroying other player's immersion is a bad idea, hence the mud is set to rp-enforced.
I can understand your frustration though because we've games like star conquest where mentioning a word of ooc in the game will get you punished. This is  not a game like that. If you like to play the game and enjoy the game mechanics you can! Just don't run around talking about the latest Netflix series you just finished! (This last part was directly from Dayrinni himself lol)

2020-01-16 00:01:22

So, folks....not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if I picked my wrong weapon, I liked daggers on rogues. However, I went with sword for my agent guy, because I wanted to mix it up.

So, question..n.

Given I went with a Loanman agent, did I mess up by picking sword for my weapon?

Also on Linux natively

2020-01-16 00:07:43 (edited by hadi.gsf 2020-01-16 00:08:36)

JaceK wrote:

So, folks....not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if I picked my wrong weapon, I liked daggers on rogues. However, I went with sword for my agent guy, because I wanted to mix it up.

So, question..n.

Given I went with a Loanman agent, did I mess up by picking sword for my weapon?

No you did not mess up.
I am a newbie as well but what i gather from the mud, is that at the current state of the game, the things that matter are, one handed vs two handed, the weapon damage, e.g. pierce, slash or blunt, and the material, and things like daggers are  faster, or some weapons, when you inspect them, have some properties, like being good at parying, etc
So it is your choice. If you want huge damage right off the bat go with polearms or somethin' but a shield and sword, later upgradable to two swords is not a bad idea. and remember you can always  learn new weapon skills. there is no cap, you will still get gold and earn tier points after level 100

2020-01-16 00:14:27 (edited by JaceK 2020-01-16 00:22:59)

So, one more question...

Should I go for a more combat focused Agent? I like the idea of an Evonia agent that focuses on murdering things, but my loanman is a good idea. I like the idea of the network, really, but I also love how rogues have more ways to get XP (stealing and pickpockets and so forth) without pure combat.

So do any other classes have those perks?

EDIT: Love the combat messages, to. Dagger ones make me feel bad for killing and attacking. Swords aren't quite as lethal...

EDIT #2: Okay I'm a happy Jace. Dayrinni said I got a good name they like. Score

Also on Linux natively

2020-01-16 03:40:01

Personally I turned off the combat flavor messages to better assess my situation while fighting.
Also RP helps haha! Last night I got drunk and pickpocketted someone, she caught me and then we RP:ed for a solid hour. I ended up getting several pieces of armor from it and an item that increases xp gain.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2020-01-16 12:25:00

@LordLondon:

Now that makes me want to ditch my agent and go for rogue again. I like the idea of pickpockets to get XP vs solid murdering things for XP, but Agent's such an awesome idea theme wise with the gadgets...

Also on Linux natively

2020-01-16 15:34:51

So....tips for rogue/agent classes?

I've yet to get to Lake Fortune, but I want to get better at pickpocket for my rogue and for my agent, I want to get schematics. I want better gear from wood swords honestly, I swar I could have got better stuff on the docks, right?

Also on Linux natively

2020-01-16 18:46:53

Loneman agents were popular when I played more often. A lot easier to get rp and group play going, and briskness is a fun buff for groups. I guess evonia is great for solo play, with the multiple sneak attacks to cycle when backstab is on cooldown. Shadowblade's nightblade attack puts you into hidden when you use it, so you can start a fight with two of your more specialized strikes. Granted, you don't get the fun area of effect backstabs that Loneman get.

personally, I'm going with daggers as I did see the existence of a weapon that can be best described as a gun dagger. Stab, shoot, stab shoot.

2020-01-16 19:12:02

I got a rogue with daggers, so.....

Can I for instance have a loanman with dual gun daggers, stab, shot, wrist shot, stab, shoot, stab, hide, and so on?

Or is that better suited to Evonia agents? See, I love the area backstab, and massacre's only single target, so....

Also on Linux natively

2020-01-16 19:36:32

I've also been practicing leather armour and dodge, and trying to focus in combat on not being hit, IE advancing when enemies retreat and visa versa.
The one thing I don't get is how the config message options work, since I seem to have brief set automatically when I used the config screen reader option, but I'm still getting flavour text.
This is good, I like flavour text, but it'd be nice to know what the options are.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-01-16 20:28:57

So...given there's dagger guns.

Are there sword guns too? If so, I'll not put gold into it. Really enjoying agent, I just pulled off a hide -> backstab -> wrist gun -> go mad with sword and wail on mudstalkers to murder them.

So, I know I need steel armor/weapons. So....given I'm hiding in the training hall with the woman who gives you the protect quest....should I pick one or two skills and focus on them, or...?

Also on Linux natively

2020-01-16 20:33:50

JaceK wrote:

So...given there's dagger guns.

Are there sword guns too? If so, I'll not put gold into it. Really enjoying agent, I just pulled off a hide -> backstab -> wrist gun -> go mad with sword and wail on mudstalkers to murder them.

So, I know I need steel armor/weapons. So....given I'm hiding in the training hall with the woman who gives you the protect quest....should I pick one or two skills and focus on them, or...?

EDIT: Oh and don't set messages to 'none', I made that mistake. Goodbye attack/defense text. That was a fun few minutes with murdering things.

Alright, so....where to get decentish starting weapons?

Also on Linux natively

2020-01-16 20:52:11 (edited by JaceK 2020-01-16 21:34:03)

Also, yeah, 0 gold away from a copper sword. Need ideas for getting gold, seems 50-60 gold is where I should be aiming as an agent.t for armor and gadgets...
Got my sword. Now need things to test it out on

Also on Linux natively

2020-01-16 21:56:42

@61 Thank you for this clarification. I can understand why it's given that description, and you are exactly right. That is exactly why I hate most RP Enforced games. I can't tell you how many times I've tried an RP Enforced game, and even asking a question on the newbie channel, I get told off for being ooc. And if they don't have a newbie channel, I ask on chat or whatever, for lack of anywhere else to ask, and again, shot down. WTF? Roleplaying can be fun, but not if you get told off for every tiny infraction, especially when you're brand new to the game and genuinely need help.

This is why I never, ever, ever play Iron Realms games. They are all heavily RP Enforced and they're jerks to you if you break it even a little, even as a newbie. I dunno if they've gotten any better over the years, but I don't really want to know. I also played one that I don't remember the name once and it was custom codebase, but had a very, very similar feel to IR games, and encountered a similar reception. So, you can see why overall, RP enforced puts a very bad taste in my mouth. That said, I might check this one out because it does sound cool.

2020-01-16 22:43:11

hello, I'm just getting started in the game and the way you train skills with TP and AP didn't really make sense to me. Could someone please explain how those types of points work?