2020-01-15 07:13:23

Hi everyone,
We have decided to hold a Crazy Party mini-games tournament on Sunday, February 2 2020, at 17:00gmt. Although the main goal is to enjoy and have fun, we have decided to hand some cash prizes to the top 3 winners to spice it up a little bit. If you are interested to register or would like to know more details about the prizes, rules and format, kindly check the following link and please read the rules and regulations carefully before registering. We would also like to take this chance to thank Pragma for his amazing work to develop this platform for all of us to enjoy and have fun.

Link:

https://forms.gle/9qFxNKNyHWzi8xETA

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2020-01-15 09:00:00

That's gonna be fun. Going to practice now!

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-01-15 10:25:48

Just registered, this looks like it will be fun!

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2020-01-15 11:12:16

Will a server application be created to start the tournament? That is, will there be a separate place where everyone will be distributed?

2020-01-15 11:12:26

wow cool

2020-01-15 11:39:42

No, the tournament will be held on the central server or at least this is what was agreed upon until the moment.

2020-01-15 16:08:13

I just might register. Might I suggest we exclude bombing robots and destroying walking bombs? Both games seem to have some bugs or issues, at least in my experience.

2020-01-15 17:35:44

This is cool indeed, but I would much prefer just not having special bonuses at all as they are too easy to cheat, still a bit buggy, and some are just kinda stupid and have little at all to do with skill.
5 minutes also seems a bit long for waiting, I'd probably say 3, but it's not my tournament.
Either way I'm gonna try to make it.

2020-01-15 17:54:25

And 17.00 gmt + 3-00? Or + 5-00?

2020-01-15 18:18:19 (edited by crashmaster 2020-01-15 18:26:00)

Well I have registered just for a laugh.
I havn't unlocked all worlds so I probably won't win but oh well its for a laugh for me.
But if I did win, I'd probably choose a store like atguys for a gift card my second choice could be amazon or if its allowed mightyape or united sweets.
For me timezone may be an issue.
If I read my 24 hour time format correctly and me being at +12-13 gmt, I could be running at anything from 5 to 6 am in the morning for start.
Thats fine as I am usually up round that time but depending on the timezone this actually is in, its either sunday or monday.
I need to be somewhere on sunday after 9 in the morning.
Monday well it depends but still it is in the morning and not garanteed that I would be there or not.
Unfortunately If this set as I suspect for a europian timezone, you may not get everyone you want.
I don't see a solution to this either.
This is what got me stopping testing active online games because a lot of stuff happened when I slept.
I have joined dolphin access to test their stuff, and right now due to the timezone I am managing 1 communication and task per night or day in their case.
Depending how long the tourniment would go, 0800-01000 could be a better fit maybe, but I couldn't stay up all night either so if it went over midnight I'd have to bail out.

2020-01-15 20:26:40

I agree about the bonuses. The rubies are too distracting and really mean nothing. Also, the one about killing enemies is just weird, and there is no way to figure out how it will calculate that.

2020-01-15 20:35:03

@10 up until now the organizers have decided to conduct all group parties simultaneously so as not to waste so much time, so they're expecting it to take not more than two and a half hours.

2020-01-15 20:36:36

I'm in full agreement about the special bonuses, especially if we're playing in competition mode. I have only one goal when I play competition, and that's to beat everyone else. Special bonuses only cost you valuable time. I'm ok with it if you guys choose to keep them, but I suspect many people would rather they not be there.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2020-01-15 20:39:36

I just registered for the tournament. This is actually going to be the first game tournament I've ever had the chance to participate in, so I'm really looking forward to it.

2020-01-15 22:38:06

Will we be informed about where to meet and whatnot?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-01-16 00:00:44

The purpose (or rather the fun part) of bonuses is that you also put your attention and concentration on something else to back your score with which is a feasible strategy imho.
@15 surely, more info will be shared soon.
So far and until the moment I am writing this post, have checked and we have 31. Wow, only 1 spot left to fill for prioritized participants. Best of luck to all.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2020-01-16 00:15:48

I'm not much in favor of bonuses either. I wouldn't like to play and be at the top, only to lose because someone took fewer steps than me. Plus, trying to get bonuses and play the game well at the same time would be too distracting. If you want to keep the bonuses that's cool, but I'd rather join a fair competition. I'm sorry, but if the bonuses stick around I probably won't be attending.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2020-01-16 00:17:59

I’ve registered to the tournament as well

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2020-01-16 00:50:00

Looks like I'll be practicing with bonuses enabled for the next few weeks then, lol. I too find them very distracting, but I'm sure I can force myself to get used to them again somehow. It's funny, when I first started playing online, I believed they were essential. As my playing improved, I started feeling like they were more of a crutch than anything, and took away from the fun of playing. Now I'm not used to them anymore, so it's hard for me to focus when they're around.

2020-01-16 00:58:08

Why would you call bonuses unfair? Just because you did not get used to them? Not talking to you turtlepower, your reason is valid, mostly Dan_Gero. Someone wont beat you cause they took fewer steps, rather more steps. Besides, this is one bonus, and that is exactly the point of them, to make a difference when a gap between players is very small like 5 or 10 points.

2020-01-16 01:37:59

So how does the bonus for enemies killed work, exactly? I know stuff that you wouldn't traditionally think of as enemies counts, i.e. smashing walls in the forgotten cold room, but it still confuses me how it's calculated. Is there a strategy for maximizing it, or is it luck of the draw depending on which games come up in a given list?

2020-01-16 01:45:03

As you mentioned it counts from these games, as well killing any robots/ ghosts/ zombies etc, in general any type of killing.
killing ghosts in any game such a as ghosts ship, frozen mansion  etc.
good luck.

"Stay hungry, stay foolish."

2020-01-16 01:55:44

Any tipe of pressing f on something is an enemy kill as far as I know. No strategy to maximize it, but you could lose a few points by for example intentionally pressing f on wrong dishes if you know you will still be 10 points behind and need some bonuses to win.

2020-01-16 02:10:45

Yep, I was going to register, but I like 17 will not be participating with bonuses enabled. They are too ify IMO and unfair.

2020-01-16 02:13:06

Yeah I don't get the rule about making your score lower to gain a bonus, it seems like a legit strategy to me. If you want to sacrifice points for the chance to gain that bonus you should be rewarded. And there's 8 people, so you still don't have a chance of getting that bonus anyway. Also, if we get more players like if we get 48 players, we can probably create 6 parties of 8 players each and it would still work

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!