2019-06-05 22:58:16 (edited by blindndangerous 2019-06-05 23:03:00)

Nice work guys, I've never really played with Arch apart from using Talking Arch a long time ago to see what was different about it and other distros I've got VMWare Player, going to give this a try.
One thing I will quickly mention for post 1. You have a . at the end of your github link.

2019-06-05 23:09:42

Fixed. When I get the new ISO built I'll fix the bugs that some users were having. For now, just add

PI = True

Above the os.remove line (or even above the import lines, but outside the comments).

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-06-05 23:49:33

Not sure if anyone else has seen this when running vagrant up?
Bringing machine 'default' up with 'virtualbox' provider...
==> default: Box 'https://the-gdn.net/GDNXbuild.box' could not be found. Attempting to find and install...
    default: Box Provider: virtualbox
    default: Box Version: >= 0
==> default: It looks like you attempted to add a box with a URL for the name...
==> default: Instead, use box_url instead of box for box URLs.
==> default: Box file was not detected as metadata. Adding it directly...
==> default: Adding box 'https://the-gdn.net/GDNXbuild.box' (v0) for provider: virtualbox
    default: Downloading: https://the-gdn.net/GDNXbuild.box
    default:
An error occurred while downloading the remote file. The error
message, if any, is reproduced below. Please fix this error and try
again.

error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version

2019-06-06 00:19:04 (edited by Ethin 2019-06-06 00:21:34)

@78, yes, I saw that too. I believe that the OpenSSL version that Vagrant is using does not support TLS 1.3 yet.
If I understand that properly its trying to negotiate SSL2 and SSL3 too. WTF?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-06-06 00:22:44

Interesting. So that part of your readme on github won't work for now then?  Hope they can get that fixed.

2019-06-06 00:47:43

It will, you just have to do it a bit differently. Instead of downloading it diectly with vagrant, download it with your web browse and import it with vagrant box add.

My Github

2020-01-14 17:56:30 (edited by Mudb0y 2020-01-14 18:07:05)

Hi.
Sorry for digging out the topic, but is it somehow possible to stil get the iso?
The link in first post doesn't work and I want to test this out.
Edit: I got the iso. The working link is on page3 if someone is looking for it

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

2020-01-14 19:26:04

Unfortunately this project is currently stalled due to ISO build problems. We are also considering a complete rewrite for a much easier maintenance experience. Time will tell where we go with this project. smile

My Github

2020-01-14 19:46:40

sad.
Looks like I stil need to tinker around with jeux, or at least try to finally make it work on my del laptop.
Don't know what's the problem, but I guess arch generally doesn't have drivers for ethernet in this del, because I was getting internet problems on both f123 lite and jenux.

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

2020-01-15 17:45:19

Oh, well, thanks for reviving this topic, I never actually saw his answer to my question.  This looked interesting to check out, hope you keep going with it.

2020-01-16 19:55:34

i wan to contribute to the project can i do that? and is the pi speakup implemented

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2020-01-16 19:57:36

Ethin do you have skype

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2020-01-16 21:36:59

@86, yes you can, send in a PR. smile
@87, I do but I'm rarely on it these days.

My Github

2020-01-18 11:13:14

cant create the file system aerror boot mountpoint not found aerror 2 root mountpoint not found i am using vmware on a macbook 2016 with 8 gb ram  the setup f

2020-01-18 20:34:19

@84, cannot you just leave it in maintenance mode meaning that you will update the keyring and such?> I mean, its easy to do, but anyway

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-01-18 20:49:35 (edited by Ethin 2020-01-18 21:08:58)

@90, I could, but the problem is that as Arch gets updates the installer starts falling a part. I can't build it, so I have no wayof updating/testing my changes through my usual QA process.
Here's what we'll probably do. Sometime during this year (I don't know when, because I and garrettturner have school) we'll find some time todig out the installer and begin updating it. I think a good rewrite is in order... we'll probably base it off of the latest talkingarch installer and go from there like we did when we started the project. It'll be a long road, but it (in the end) will probably result in a less buggier, safer, (possibly) faster installer that will provide more than what the current one has. When we start I'll pull this topic back up to provide updates.

My Github