2020-01-13 10:46:59

Hi, just letting you know that the Freedom Games home page has been unavailable for some time. The Audiogames Archive still hosts the games of course, so you might want to update the database links.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2020-01-13 11:32:13

I mean this in a serious way, Thank goodness for the audiogames archive, and also thanks for letting us know about the news of another developer going away. I know this is going to sound cliche, but even though it's sad news, it's important to let people know about it.

2020-01-13 12:29:29

Yeah, thanks so much for your huge work, what you are doing is really impressive. I was surprised myself that the site was even around a few years ago when I checked it, but of course in a positive way. They did make cool games.

2020-01-13 14:51:44

O i was on this page like a few weeks aggo, this must have gone down really recently. Well, when i am boored enough i may be able to look into the whois and if i can see more what is going on i may post.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2020-01-15 00:34:58

RIP. I really wish Freedom Jeopardy had been released, that sounded like it was going to be a cool project. Wheel of Fortune was good as well, though buggy.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2020-01-15 04:06:14 (edited by Slender 2020-01-15 08:26:46)

Oddly Freedom Wheel of Fortune was the game I never quite got the hang of, I always got confused by the puzzles.

2020-01-15 09:51:39

Freedom Millionaire is fun...right up till you're asked what animal's baby is called a fry, you say fish, and they say you're wrong. According to this game, baby pheasants are called fry, which is just...nope.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-01-15 10:45:12

Heh. I did rather enjoy the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles extra pack, if only more specialty packs had been made. Really, these guys capitalized on some shows which were immensely popular at the time. In the case of Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy, they still are topical. I feel these games didn't get the recognition they deserved, though I fully realize that a lot of that is due to the fact that they were all pretty buggy. Millionaire was the best of the lot in terms of that, but the music was deafening, and I seem to remember that the questions weren't in sync with the music, or maybe the questions weren't read automatically.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2020-01-15 13:27:05

Questions not in sync with the music? Hmm, I've never experienced that, or perhaps I'm not clear on what it is. The main issue I faced while playing it is the game locking up NVDA while music plays.

2020-01-15 20:44:58

I think the questions were supposed to be read during the pause between when you got a question correct and when the next music would play, right? In my experience, that didn't happen. As I said, I remember that the music was super loud, and I would often not be able to hear the question when it was read. I could be thinking of another game, and now with the existence of audio ducking, that problem could be easily solved, but I seem to recall that being the reason I didn't play as much back in the day.

2020-02-15 22:01:46

Db now fixed and updated, plus wrote a completely new description for freedom milionaire, and a mostly new description for Freedom wheel of fortune.

The Audiogames archive rocks!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)