2020-01-13 20:31:12

the last decade is over, now we are at a new decade.
from the year 2010 to 2019, we have so many compelling audio game releases, from flight simulators to full fledged JRPGS, we got so many games ever released. in this topic, I wanted to discuss what's the best audio games of the last decade, and the reason why.
for me, I like shadow rine the most. in my opinion, it has the best story, lots of replay values, multiple endings, and some extra stuff that you can discover.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2020-01-13 21:32:18

I voted Bokurano Daiboukenn 3 as I really do think that it combines everything we love in action games. It was received so well that then, a team of translators got together and over a number of years, translated the game fully. The trouble is, there is more than one joint first for me. A Heros' Call and Crazy Party, simply because for A Hero's Call, it was a product that was saw through from start to finish, through Kickstarter, and the devs really did keep us updated and pulled through in the end. Bokurano Daiboukenn 3, though, is my winner.
Three-D Velocity was good for what it was, and I also love Shadow Rine. There were honestly a lot of good games this decade, and I haven't even mentioned the stuff that Oriol Gomez released, especially Beatstar, that was an instant classic for me.
If we're entering the iPhone side of things, which was also this decade, then, how do we even begin. If someone had told me 10 years ago we as blind people would be able to use a touch screen... well, I would have doubted it. Papa Sangre is my favourite audiogame series on iOS, although that's kind of gone now. A Dark Room wins best text game for me, with Choice of Games/Hosted Games ChoiceScript stuff being in joint first in that category as well as they've grown in strength to strength.

2020-01-13 22:18:01

Yeah, and no one's mentioned swamp yet.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-01-13 22:41:42

Swamp also gets major props from me as well. Wasn't it the first audio shooter to use the mouse, besides the ones in the experimental audiogames section, not to mention one of the first online audio fps's, if not the first?

2020-01-14 00:15:13

swamp does it for me as well.
then crazy party.

follow me on
twitter
now go away, don't talk to me

2020-01-14 00:36:32

To me, swamp is a true online audio FPS.
It have a lot things to do other than killing hoards of undead, but you can also do some random quest and mission.
Death match project alpha is also one of the great games for me. Although not really close to the dead space trilogy, this is one of the greatest sci-fi audio game i’ve ever played.
Crazy party is also one of the best game for me. From minigames to complete and unlock, to collecting battle cards, this one offers everything that party games has to offer. For those wanting to play games like mario party in an audio form, crazy party is the closest thing that you can get.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2020-01-14 01:22:14

For me it's a toss up between shadow line and bk3. I loved them both! But I have to tip my hat and give 2 thumbs up and 5 stars to shadow line for feeling like a true console quality video game worthy of the mainstream market complete with a proper intro, a full fledge soundtrack with original professional sounding Japanese lyrics, graphic, and controller support. I'll never forget when my sighted brother who loves all things Japanese looked at the game and was like, "hey, the hero looks pretty coool!" My only objection is just that many of the bosses just feel like punching bags, but all that extra content and replayability more than makes up for the game's shortcomings. This is the only audiogame that I have beaten over and over and over and over and over and over this decade, so it gets my vote. We definitely got some good games recently though, and I spent the seconde longest amount of time with bk3.

2020-01-14 12:08:56

I like bokurano daibouken3 also because It have many things that you will discover, new weapons to collect and craft, and so much more!
I love bokurano daibouken3 so much!
it is a grate game!

2020-01-14 12:26:26

Yeah, I think BK 3 is a clear winner honestly. I don't think any audiogame can really compete with the amount of innovation we saw with that game.

2020-01-14 13:30:29

Japanese audio games, in my opinion, is a true masterpiece. It feels like playing mainstream games.
One of the example is shadow rine and bk3. Although most bosses in the game is easy to beat, given that you only need to attack it with skills that can deal a huge amounts of damage, the game is a real winner. The amount of endings that you can get, extra dungeons, a little bit of a dating sim also, and many more elements make it a true JRPG, or any RPG in general.
On the other hand, bk3 is a runner up in my list. A bit of platforming elements, challenging levels and bosses, secret items to discover, and unlockable higher difficulty makes it one of the best action audio games of all time.

2020-01-14 14:00:07

1942, Battle Of Armageddon and BK1. In this order... Although the story of NN is stupid if I don't read it the game mechanically is pretty cool. NN2 and Nn3 were not that good IMO. Although NN2 was hard and it was fun to beat I pretty much forget it

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-01-14 14:22:16

I liked bk1 more than bk2.

2020-01-14 14:36:44

Same. Oh and if it comes to mobile gaming Duels RPG kills and sweeps everything outa here IMO.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-01-14 17:59:13

Hmm wouldn't quite call that an audio game but it's good. According to his Twitter, we should get an update on the next chapter next month.
Generally speaking though, my favorite mobile phone games from last decade is a 3 way tie between silversword, duels rpg and random adventure roguelike series.

2020-01-14 20:36:30

@14, is silversword playable? I really have no idea on how to pass the very beginning of the game

2020-01-14 22:03:05

I had mild success with it. It's just that the maps are so big sometimes and you have to keep track of which way you're facing too. It's been a while but the beginning wasn't too hard for me from what I remember.

2020-01-14 22:03:45

Nuno wrote:

Same. Oh and if it comes to mobile gaming Duels RPG kills and sweeps everything outa here IMO.

Android only? sad

2020-01-14 22:10:45

For iPhone, crafting kingdom is by far the best.

2020-01-14 23:39:52

I have to say my top three were crazy party, BK3 and Adventure at C: since it was my first audio game.

2020-01-15 00:29:50

Honestly, there were so many great releases over the past decade that it's kind of hard for me to say which one was my favorite, let alone the best. I'd honestly say that its a three-way tie for me: A Hero's Call, BK 3, and Manamon 2. There were many releases that I've not yet had the chance to try, so I'd have to go with the three that I mentioned.

2020-01-15 02:03:52

Crafting kingdom is available on both ios and android,,,, so everyone with either can play.
I'm going to go completely out of left field here and say that one of my other favorite games on iphone was Hatchi, and Alien Hatchi. Even though those werent games I wasn't playing for hours at a time, they were games that I was playing all the time for the game center achievements. I still have photos of my Hatchi that I took care of for an entire year before I released her back into the wild.

My other favorite iphone game has to be King Of Dragon Pass. That game seriously had so much lore, depth and complexity in it, yet it was still managing to be a pick up and play experience. Very happy with the money I spent on it.

2020-01-15 11:52:07

Hi all! For me, based on my preferred kind of game, I like GMA Time Of Conflict, adespite the fact it's not updated since ages! In Android, I love OSM, Hattrick, that aren't exactly audiogames but are playable for us! Audio Wizards is my preferred audiogame in Android. I wish I could play with Tactical battle but, the creation of worlds and chars isn't on my way yet, I prefer TOC, as sed before. But, really, there are great audiogames now, especially in the PC world!

Claudio

2020-01-15 12:02:10

No one else here ever mentioned lunimals and other games by aprone excluding swamp

2020-01-15 17:45:01

hello! i'd like totry shadow rine. could give me a link please?
a heros call is very good game. i love RPG's

2020-01-15 21:00:07

@igggggoreha, go to galaxy lab’s website to get the game