2020-01-14 22:36:24

This may be a bit of a long shot, but' Is there anyway I could offer any sort of sound work services to people online and get paid for it? If so, and especially for any who may have heard my work, what kind of money could I be expecting?

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2020-01-14 22:48:41 (edited by jack 2020-01-14 23:16:02)

If you want a side-hustle, Fiver as long as you know your limits on that platform and know full well you're willing to work up from there. If you want to go big, consider publishing to the independent sound libraries. If you really want to get serious about sound design, first training, then gear. Or purchasing pro-level effects then re-mastering sounds out of that.
Needless to say you need to sell yourself with a visually appealing website. It doesn't need to be super-flashy, but it can't be all that wordy either. You have to be your own advertiser a bit. No one is going to pay substantial amounts to some random guy on the street, and you also can't jump right in like you own the place either. You do have to start small, because you do need a bit of a reputation if you want to be taken seriously by people who will certainly think twice before hitting that paypal button. They are going to want to see testimonials. A resume. How many years of experience you've had. And yes, that will mean doing some free labor. Fat chance your first gig will be a substantial paid one.
This isn't just for you personally it's hard advice for anyone, this is starting a business we're talking about after all. It also dispels any myths about make it big in minutes or any similar false promises that spring up.

2020-01-14 23:00:57 (edited by Still_Standing 2020-01-14 23:06:32)

post 2 is right,   especielly if you  want to create sound  fx librarys or so, i'm   currently using  other programs with plugins  to try and create sound effects e.g monsters or even  processing guns  like reaper or sound forge, though  i prefer  reaper when it comes  to  editing and mastering sounf fx, in this case i have to learn about the values and what they change and  how can i create  certain things
talking about creating sound fx from pro level librarys, i  usually  use the construction kits that boom library provides or sound morph, or even other free sound fx

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2020-01-14 23:07:31

@BlackMana: Look at Waves/Plugin-Boutique if you want to upgrade your fx rack. Reaper's built-in stuff isn't horrible but it certainly isn't pro-level either. That may be tough based on what U.S. dollars equate to in your currency, though.

2020-01-15 18:58:30

How do I become a blind sound designer to? I love to help people too!

2020-01-15 21:37:57

If you want to do it for free, then get yourself a good amount of sound libraries, gear,/fx racks and a good d a w, and fire away. If you want to do it on an even semi-pro level, you gotta network and sell yourself places beyond this community, especially seeing as most of the audio game industry as we know it is down to only a few developers who definitely have all their ducks in a row as far as sounds, beta testers, and development is concerned.