2020-01-08 13:02:14

yeah, that did it thanks.

follow me on
twitter
now go away, don't talk to me

2020-01-08 15:06:15

AFAIK there is currently no interest in porting NVDA Remote over for 2019.3 and above. Either the community takes on this task, or you'll wait until the authors decide to do something for it, but its not very likely as it seems right now.

2020-01-08 16:06:17

I feel like even if the original authors don't port remote, it's a widely enough used addon that the community probably will. I'll stay on 2019.2 until it gets ported, or maybe try to port it myself although I've never worked with addons before, so that might be overwhelming.

2020-01-08 17:59:17

I hope NVDARemote can be reported, and JGT.

2020-01-08 18:59:45

mmm, I just got updates for some add ons today, and oh surprise, they ended up not being compatible, probably until 2019.3 comes out, for example, golden cursor SO  lol, its just a mess right now

though there are some I think will be harder to get, such as the one that braille music editor uses (though I am planing to move away from that software soon in a way)

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2020-01-08 19:13:40

I'm sincerely hoping for SoftVoice and DecTalk to be ported over to python 3.

2020-01-08 19:53:02

I'd port Remote myself but I know nothing coding wise about the new add-on architecture. Is the documentation for the new architecture still as bad as it was for the old one?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2020-01-08 21:48:09

I've been working on upgrading JGT to support NVDA 2019.3 over the past couple days.
It is almost finished.

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.
Try my free JGT addon, the easy way to play Japanese games in English.
Or try the free games I've created.

2020-01-08 23:06:19

The documentation is not very good yet, yeah. The project for 2020 however is a fully documented source code including examples and more, called Project Alexandria. Its however still in the planning phase.
The NVDA 2019.3 changelog however lists all the breaking changes relevant for add-on developers, so by knowing them, it should be fairly easy to upgrade an already existing add-on if you don't want to develop new features.

2020-01-09 00:05:54

Yeah, thanks for mentioning that project, that should help people like you ethin and I'm pretty happy that some steps are finally being taken to address long standing issues like bad developer documentation, outdated Python version which will in turn bring better optimisation for users. For now, look at developer changes and you should be good to go, though NVDA remote might be slightly harder than others due to the new speech framework and the way the addon relies on speech functions a lot. Still, good luck if you attempt to do it.

2020-01-10 04:44:23

hi post 12, can you please advise me how to actually get the add on to work. when I download the zip folder there's lots of files in it but not the add on file. how do i integrate these files in to nvda to make it work? any help would be gladly appreciated

There's a place for me in this universe.

2020-01-10 06:07:25

Don't download the sources, but rather go to "releases" and look around there.

2020-01-10 09:15:33

Hi all,
Here's the github link for the NVDA Clock addon for those who use it. I found it today so thought to post it.
https://github.com/hkatic/clock
There's another good news. Some people including me were reporting about the issue with NVDA's speech which was sometimes getting out of control. As far as I have noticed, that problem has not occurred with the 19.3 beta version. I think it was due to the use of an older version of python.
anyways enjoy!

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2020-01-10 13:06:59

The clock addon is available on the official website, working with both releases at this time, but that will probably change for all the addons soon after the release of the Python 3 version.

2020-01-10 14:27:56

Hi at post 38 kindly check your PM

2020-01-10 18:09:34 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2020-01-10 18:11:57)

flyby chow wrote:

hi post 12, can you please advise me how to actually get the add on to work. when I download the zip folder there's lots of files in it but not the add on file. how do i integrate these files in to nvda to make it work? any help would be gladly appreciated

so using espeak myself (I somehow finally got used to its robotic voice) I decided to take a look at that now deleted git link, which is definitely on the grey, dark side of the legal side here, but  it appears its the only working synth for the eloquence voice until code factory updates its drm locked one. There is apparently a build.cmd file that you can use, I imagine you need to have python on your system to build it of course.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2020-01-10 18:13:00

There is a list of things that are being updated for community, I think it will be or it is now.
A lot of addons will not be released at least for the website till we actually launch.
They tried that with a few and what it means is you will get errors on update unless you turn automatic updates off at startup so things will not continue that way.
For the rest talking to developers for addons will hopefully get them to update them.
the japanese translater addon for games has just been updated and released in both current and future branches.
The next thing we need to tackle is the interfaction interpreters addon and a few more things but yeah.

2020-01-10 20:35:38

hi guys, if i am trying to download something from guidhub but it gives me a zip folder with alot of .pi files in there, how do I actually download the propper nvda addon file that you must click to install it to nvda v 1903

2020-01-10 21:11:32

Just get the clock addon from the official site, you don't need to mess with it's Github repository. It can be found at https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clock.en.html

2020-01-11 10:46:45

@43, What you need to do is, when you open the github page of whatever you are downloading, eg. say some addon for NVDA, click on the link named releases. After that, in the next page that opens, you will find some versions of that particular thing and then you can click on the latest one and download it.
HTH

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2020-01-14 20:58:08

Alright, so an update regarding the remote addon. Apparently one of the guys from NV access is already working on it. If you are a developer, you can check the pull request at https://github.com/NVDARemote/NVDARemote/pull/211