2020-01-14 06:59:10

hello audio game I just sent you a pm can you check it please thanks.

2020-01-14 07:47:28

Hi Folks,

What an awesome game this is! I thought that the first Manamon was a great game, but this one is incredible.

I know that this has been asked before, but I really need help with finding the girl's coins. I know a couple other people have asked about this, but I haven't been able to find anything here that really clued me in as to where they all might be. I have found six of them: one in the hotel, one in the market, one in the city, two in the power plant, and one in the house that you first come through to get to the city itself. I have looked all over the place, but I just can't seem to find the other two. How should I proceed in order to find the remaining two coins? Any help with this would be awesome.

Thanks

2020-01-14 08:09:28

One at the mana hotel,
One next to the mana hotel,
one at the market place,
one in the house you have to cross to leave the city by the eastern side,
one in the tree with the rope,
One outside in the town,
and three in the power plant.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2020-01-14 16:15:57

I am still waiting for some sort of walkthrough before I play this one. There is just an incredible amount of backtracking and other issues to contend with here. I do commend Aaron for continuing to make audiogames though.

2020-01-14 16:41:54

Well, several dozen people have played without any sort of walkthrough, and they got through just fine. I beat the game within two and a half days of launch. I'm sure you could do it without a walkthrough, and I'm not sure if one is incoming at this point.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-01-14 18:13:59 (edited by amerikranian 2020-01-14 18:14:45)

@4308, there is a walkthrough already available. The audio quality is meh, the recordings contain a lot of failed attempts at boss battles, but you can still follow it if you so choose.
There is another one being made by 44k let's plays, and it is extremely well done if not too professional. It's still in progress, though, so there's also that to consider.
Both are on Youtube and are not difficult to find.
Finally, I agree with Jayde. I've finished the game with only minor hints, and should you get stuck the search feature is there to assist you. If you can't find the info you're looking for, I'm sure that someone on here would be able to help you.

2020-01-14 18:22:57

CheekyMonkey wrote:

[...] being a condescending jerk. I know it's just a game, but the best games are the ones that are so immersive, realistic, and believable, that you get lost in them and almost forget they're not real. [...]

Sorry for sounding like a condescending jerk big_smile, but I have to strongly disagree with this seemingly harmless and superficially very agreeable sentiment.
This _can_ be a really good qualifyer for a above average or even great game but it is definitely not the only one. While immersion might be the most important feat for you there are really great games out there that draw their quality from other factors. Chess, football or Tetris have no story, little to no embelishments but are nevertheless whidely accepted great games.
The more important and probably more easily quantifyable quality factor in my opinion is plausibility and a consistent artistical vision. If your game doesn't want to or need to conjure an believeable world it's just fine. If your world doesn't obay the normal rules in one way or the other its also just fine - no one would tell Terry Pratchett off for making his characters react weirdly for example. It just has to be coherent.

Aarons manamon world on the other hand doesn't quite fit this qualifyer. It fails to build a bridge between querky, over-the-top cartoonish, trope-laden light-hearted action-game-logic and heavy, deep, thoughtful mature storytelling. Because Aaron tries to implement both side by side both don't work in my opinion. They discredit eachother on every corner. You can't take a girl dying from STD seriously if even shopkeepers don't treat you as normal beings. But you can't just go with the flow of meaningless whitty banter when the game implies to be so much more during the story line.
For me Aaron always has approached his stories and characters with some epic, larger-than-life coolness-dripping imagery but really failed every single time. Mostly because his artistic vision isn't coherent at all, but also because his approach to coolness seems to be pretty immature. Sure, his first takes on this stem from a time where he himself was immature (and alowed to be, I don't want to age-shame anyone here) and I actually don't know how old he is by now. But when developing such a big game over such a long period of time and with such a high price in comparison to many other games I'd expect a smoother aesthetic all in all. If his strengths lie in different areas, and oh boy there are huge strengths for sure, he should really consider going the extra mile and finding an artistic advisor by now. I am not sure how that would work and if it's financially even possible, but it is awfully necessary.

Tldr.:
Immersion does not make or break a game. But artistic coherence does. Aaron probably makes good/fun games but his aesthetic is really really bad, at least for me. I really wish he'd focus more on the former and abandon the ladder, because at least for me all his projects became significantly worse with his storytelling and pick of overarching mood.

I am very conscious about how negative and possibly devastating this harsh criticism can come across. I have been thinking about this problem on and off for some time and wether it's appropriate or even adviseable to adress it openly where it may or may not discourage anyone who reads it. But on the one hand I also believe in the cleansing effect of a honest opinion, on the other hand I think this facet of game design isn't strongly enough represented in this community and I want to build an awareness about it.
If you are discouraged by this: I wouldn't like to play your games then anyway.
If you can find yourself in my criticism: Don't worry, there is always space to grow!
If you feel inspired to doing better: Go! Go! Go! It is you what this community really needs!

2020-01-14 18:58:53

I have seen some really good text walkthroughs for games like paladin and manamon 1, so I am kinda holding out hope for something like that. If one doesn't become available, that's fine. I didn't buy the game at this point anyway.

2020-01-15 02:52:14

Text walk-through for Paladin? Where is that at, I want to take a read.

2020-01-15 05:54:18

If you mean mine, I agree the audio quality isn't the best. It just happens to be the best I can do. I also can't cut the files to get rid of the failed fights.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2020-01-15 07:12:24 (edited by Kevan 2020-01-15 07:38:16)

Jayde wrote:

where you generally have to push stuff around. The only thing I'll say is that you'll want to push all three boulders away first (the first two to the right, the last one to the left), then circle around and shove the statue. It's tricky, but there's space if you're careful.

Are you talking about the boulders in the room with the small table? That puzzle proves difficult.

S
p
o
i
l
e
r
I had to separate the boulders in front of the switch to push the southern boulder north.

2020-01-15 23:18:40

Evil cookie, the audio of your playthrough is fine with me. I just wish you would describe more what directions you are walking so it is easier to floow your logic. I would suggest that to Mariah, the gal who is doing hers on 44k plays on youtube as well.

2020-01-16 01:50:31

Re, Nincompoop:
Agreed, that threw me off for a second. I've heard it used plenty of times, but only in a purely whimsical setting. I.e. It fits in with a Harry Stewart Yogi Yorgesson portrayal, but does not at all mesh with the image of a fairly complicated/fairly serious/driven to be insane character that is Ogma.
@Dragons re, Renzina:
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
When she is about to detonate the explosive device, you know what to do. What boss did you just fight before Renzina, and what did you win for it as a result?
Hint: You are absolutely going to need this in the boss fight that proceeds this, along with a strong manamon such as a well-trained Mightaurus.
R, walktrough: I don't think directions need to be any clearer than they are, listen out for the wall tones. Both EVil Chocolate Cookie and Mariah from 44k letsplays do a great job, and Mariah's strategy of taming/grinding off-screen is a good one to take into account as it may reduce the amount of times you need to redo boss fights. What's more, once the walkthrough is done we will be uploading it to the audiogames archive in a zip file for you to easily download.

2020-01-16 02:15:05

I tend to do better with a text walkthrough such as the guide for manamon 1. I like to be able to fllow along as I go, which is pretty impossible with an audio walkthrough.

2020-01-16 03:45:10

Fair point, unless you have separate speakers to pay the walkthrough through. EVen then if anyone is going to write a manamon2 walkthrough it won't be Jayde, since he has a fair point about that giving the game more free press then he would be willing to at this point.

2020-01-16 06:41:43

Hey Jack!!!!

Thanks!!! I got the protecter. The Pierre it was a long fight. It took me 15 Mins.

2020-01-16 21:11:12

Walkthroughs are for chumps. The search feature and a few questions on this thread are all it took for me, a complete noob to manamon2, as I did not buy and play manamon1, to learn and beat the game. My play time was a little longer than @Jayde's, approx 25 hours, but still definitely doable.

The Certified Altruistic Lexicon is nigh!

2020-01-16 21:27:09

It's definitely doable without a walkthrough. My playtime was considerably longer because I kept trying out various different combinations to try and find the best I could, and kept going back to look for hidden things I might've missed and all sorts of other stuff, but it was definitely doable. I used the search feature here for a few things and asked a question or two I didn't have the answer to, but I completed it, at least the main game. I haven't done all the postgame stuff and I want to wait until I do a second playthrough with a different team I bred, but need to find someone to trade them to and then back to the new save. Then I'll use the new team, which has better stats, on the postgame.

2020-01-17 05:09:27

Bear in mind that Zuckuss is the sort of person who wants his hand held for everything and, if memory serves, wanted to be able to cheat in at least one game such that he couldn't possibly lose. His idea of fun is having virtually all of the challenge stripped out of a game. He strikes me as the sort where if he could make all of his manamon have 9999HP, 999 in all stats and all available moves, he might consider it. Or, at the very least, might want a cheat whereby he took like 1 damage from all sources or something. This sort of thing makes absolutely no sense to me - seriously, if all you want is a ridiculously easy unlosable game, why not just watch someone else play it? - but everyone has their preferences.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-01-17 06:19:46

Well, everyone needs help sometimes. Look, even I had to use guides sometimes.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2020-01-17 06:23:14

I agreed!!! Everyone need help sometime.

2020-01-17 07:10:48 (edited by jack 2020-01-17 07:12:12)

It's one thing to need a little help sometimes, but it's quite another to have the game handed to you though - most of us here are doing the former rather than the ladder. By that same token a lets-play's only purpose isn't meant to be a walkthrough, far from it. It's always nice to get someone's commentary on the game/what methods they used, especially in a game such as this.

2020-01-17 07:31:31

I wouldn't call it handholding. We all have our patience levels. I am just not willing to spend time exploring needlessly complex maizes, fighting, and grinding. Now, can I and will I sit for hours organizing TV and music collections? The answer is absolutely yes! I can think of a lot of people who would not enjoy that at all, and in fact it would be the true definition of hell. I guess you could say those people need handholding. So, maybe we all need a bit of handholding for different things? Hmmmm...

2020-01-17 08:17:28

Hey guys!!!!

I'm trying to go to polar preserve, but the guy in there doesn't let me go through. He said, "I need to show him one of the Stadium key. And I don't have that. The question is where is that key located?

Thanks!!!!

2020-01-17 12:24:28

I am now looking for a way for Calculade to transform into Blade Dodderator.
What I have tried so far has failed.

1. Level up by equipping branches and swords
2. Level up in sunshine and rainy environments
3. Level up with Mamia and REquia
4. Level up by giving abnormal conditions such as burns and moribund
5.Communication exchange
6. Walked together for a long time, like Donnammer