2019-12-31 20:45:19

lol

2019-12-31 21:37:03

just, i don't know what to say about post 3516. Just really lol.
Who cares if you won't buy the game or you hate sam?

Yours kindly

2020-01-11 08:22:40 (edited by conundrum 2020-01-11 08:34:35)

Just some opinion on the new update.
First off, congratulation to Sam for finally taking effort to fix the lag. Now it feels much, much better, and speed hack issue has been reduced significantly.
Second, the tree treasure quest is just horrifying and as expected, a marketing ploy to get people to lose even more DFC. So don't ever go to that stupid map because you cannot teleport out, you will be eaten by lion and break bones and keep losing dfc until dead. It is no balance on that map and it is way too much.
Third, I am glad the fishingvillage has more things to do now. Again congratulations. I hope the tower will be complete soon.
Next, The net now doesn't seem to be able to get more fish. This could be improve again as the update goes along.

2020-01-11 11:41:21

i lost all intrest after me going to vilege and dieing in a second because of slight lag, i lost all my intrest, nah, not coming back again

2020-01-11 12:37:04

Yeah, the village is horrible. If there's a slight lag, those mutated wolves will instantly kill you. And pay to win concept isn't gone, so, um, I guess I won't return either.

2020-01-11 13:43:18

also when pk is on and in the map near of you is many players it's lagging horribly

Yours kindly

2020-01-11 23:51:50 (edited by Draq 2020-01-11 23:53:30)

I decided to revisit this game since I haven't played it in a few years.

I see that not much has changed in terms of server lag. Whether this has to do with location, the server's internet connection, BGT, or some combination of those I don't know. There are periods where the game locks up and I'm unable to do anything but close the client. Sometimes lag happens in certain sections of a map as well, and leaving said section fixes it. Thankfully rain doesn't lag the whole game anymore, which is nice. It's just disappointing that so much lag and false speedhack detection still exists after all this time.

The game still feels very pay-to-win, and if you dump enough money into it, you can be nearly invincible. This is supposed to be Survive The Wild, not Pay to Survive The Wild. Teleporters are pretty nice to have, but when you can buy a ton of gifts and never have to gather anything, or buy a ton of energy/health boosts and never have to rest, that feels almost as bad as cheating. Air necklaces also don't make much sense. SCUBA gear would make more sense. There's also this little thing about free accounts being limited in what they can purchase with STW points. Supposedly this is due to cheaters, but it still feels like a slap in the face for people who don't cheat and can't or don't wish to pay. I also see that the whole spam character thing is still there, which I still feel is a bit silly. You have to pay to use a name if it's less than five characters long, or the account gets deleted. I was really hoping this wasn't a thing anymore.

While I appreciate the detail in some of the crafting changes, some items now require a lot of glue. Glue is extremely, extremely hard to come by unless you pay for survival packs and such, which bleeds over into pay-to-win. If there was a way to craft glue, this would be a bit better. That said, i'm not currently aware of a means to craft glue without some sort of modern equipment. I may do some research into that though.

As others have pointed out, the temperature system is a bit much. However, you can craft paper fans to cool yourself off. I discovered this by accident when finding a paper fan in the camp site. I was also expecting being wet or in water to cool you down, but that bit of physics doesn't seem to be coded yet. The constant spam of you have to stop to cool off is also rather irritating, especially since speech from events instantly interrupts any other speech even when the screen reader interrupt option is disabled.

Speaking of the camp site, the boomerangs, hammocks, and survival packs seem to have been taken out. You can get bags of string there now though, which is neat. However, this makes survival packs and hammocks even more difficult to get without paying, and to my knowledge boomerangs are now impossible to find. This is unless I'm mistaken and those things are just now much harder to find.

I haven't yet been to the new version of the fishing village, but if it's easy to die there from mutated wolves, that's kind of not cool due to how much of a pain it is to get to the village in the first place. This is one way the whole pay-to-win thing creates an issue.

I think that's everything. There are definitely things that could be improved, but it's nice to see that Sam is still keeping the project alive. It's still fun to play from time to time, and yes, I did pay so I could use Draq for my name. A bit silly as I said, but it is what it is.

2020-01-12 05:16:45

@3523 I agree with you about statements you currently said and I think that we shoul be able to kill lions withou grenades or shotguns. Not everyone especially we who can't pay be able to risk and go to pk map and lose life just to find some grenades and shotgun shells. Also I think we apsolutelly need t have possibiliti of crafting poisoned arrows or we can make a glue by kiling wales or sommething like that

2020-01-12 06:19:28

3523, yeah. The only thing I disagree with is the pay to survive the wild thing. If you pay, its pay to sit back in lounge chair all day. Its a fact. Its just disappointing really. If you don't pay, your gonna have some stupid fun. Pay and die, absolutely no problem. Don't pay and die, oh my god there goes a few years of work. Yes. This has happened to friends of mine. Its quite sad. What if people can't pay. Its once again, disappointing. But oh well, what is there to do?

----------
Hmm... The truth of mysteries. I truely wonder. Don't you wonder?
The wonder of all the human life. Who are you? Do you know?
Can you face yourself? Understand who you are?

2020-01-12 07:35:29 (edited by wightfall 2020-01-12 07:38:29)

my honestly opinion in this game. i heard that new survive the wild system it isn't good when compare to previous one.
let's see for example, you can have 3000 energy why the free is 1000 it find for free account.
but when come to paid account it disadvantage i agree energy should limit.
but why is 3000 if increase to 5000 it find you know travel from map to map is cause high energy.
for instance travel from mainland to fishing village by boat it cause more than 1000 energy free account is sleeping more time.
i know this can reduce speed by many people padding at the same time but some time most player don't go for it if they don't want.
unless you have teleporter, but wait teleporter cost money so many people don't buy for traveling at one place.
since it gone after using and not worth money that much.
and this is another example why paid player in stw is likely the same free account unless item limit.
gift yes correct previous free account can get 16 per day, but not sure about paid account.
now free player can get 10 and paid account can get 20 per day.
this is sad. i agree gift should limit.
but instead why not free account can get 20 or 25 per day and paid account can get 50 or 60 per day.
you know gift it random stuff from the boxes most of the time is give useless thing for example balloon_pack clothes that you have already.
other than that few time it give useful stuff.
this is more example but i lazy to type it all and this is the true fact that i know.
sorry for is being harsh about to current stw player but true is true don't have to avoid at all.

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2020-01-12 08:40:15

plus 1 from me. 3526

----------

2020-01-14 00:09:27

Draq wrote:

I decided to revisit this game since I haven't played it in a few years.

I see that not much has changed in terms of server lag. Whether this has to do with location, the server's internet connection, BGT, or some combination of those I don't know. There are periods where the game locks up and I'm unable to do anything but close the client. Sometimes lag happens in certain sections of a map as well, and leaving said section fixes it. Thankfully rain doesn't lag the whole game anymore, which is nice. It's just disappointing that so much lag and false speedhack detection still exists after all this time.

I'd say the lag is usually based on location, and internet stability, and maybe even system in some cases. As far as I can tell, the servers network connection seems to be doing just fine, so I'm doubting it's the cause of the issue. It does really suck though, that it lags so badly, even more so because i'm not sure how much there would be we could do about that.

Draq wrote:

The game still feels very pay-to-win, and if you dump enough money into it, you can be nearly invincible. This is supposed to be Survive The Wild, not Pay to Survive The Wild. Teleporters are pretty nice to have, but when you can buy a ton of gifts and never have to gather anything, or buy a ton of energy/health boosts and never have to rest, that feels almost as bad as cheating. Air necklaces also don't make much sense. SCUBA gear would make more sense. There's also this little thing about free accounts being limited in what they can purchase with STW points. Supposedly this is due to cheaters, but it still feels like a slap in the face for people who don't cheat and can't or don't wish to pay. I also see that the whole spam character thing is still there, which I still feel is a bit silly. You have to pay to use a name if it's less than five characters long, or the account gets deleted. I was really hoping this wasn't a thing anymore.

Fine, a bit of light on this matter. The main reason why quests now differ from paid accounts and free ones, is indeed mostly due to cheaters. Before, most if not all of them, would happaly buy coins, lighter fluids, and survival packs or bikes or so, happaly drop them, and transfer them to other accounts... If they got lucky, an admin would happaly jail them and clear their inventory if it was really bad enough. We know it's not ideal of a sollution, but for the time being... As for the spam accounts thing, I don't see the issue because password requirements also exist, you can pay to store more in any cloud etc...
As for those boosts, and all those other things, as always, we're always listening to suggestions, and if we can find a way to work it out, without stepping on 3 fourths of the players feet, we'll defenately give it a try.

Draq wrote:

While I appreciate the detail in some of the crafting changes, some items now require a lot of glue. Glue is extremely, extremely hard to come by unless you pay for survival packs and such, which bleeds over into pay-to-win. If there was a way to craft glue, this would be a bit better. That said, i'm not currently aware of a means to craft glue without some sort of modern equipment. I may do some research into that though.

The hospital has glue bottles for you to find, and maybe packages of survival gear, ... though that's also possible they don't have that. We could also, just add a few bottles in premium gifts or what not, wich is just a suggestion away more or less.

Draq wrote:

As others have pointed out, the temperature system is a bit much. However, you can craft paper fans to cool yourself off. I discovered this by accident when finding a paper fan in the camp site. I was also expecting being wet or in water to cool you down, but that bit of physics doesn't seem to be coded yet. The constant spam of you have to stop to cool off is also rather irritating, especially since speech from events instantly interrupts any other speech even when the screen reader interrupt option is disabled.

Hmm, yeah some parts of some maps might not have everything set up propperly in terms of temperatures, that's certainly something we'll look into.

Draq wrote:

Speaking of the camp site, the boomerangs, hammocks, and survival packs seem to have been taken out. You can get bags of string there now though, which is neat. However, this makes survival packs and hammocks even more difficult to get without paying, and to my knowledge boomerangs are now impossible to find. This is unless I'm mistaken and those things are just now much harder to find.

Hammocks: hospital. Boomerangs, should still be on the campground. Survival packs: stw points, and or the pk map for now...

Draq wrote:

I haven't yet been to the new version of the fishing village, but if it's easy to die there from mutated wolves, that's kind of not cool due to how much of a pain it is to get to the village in the first place. This is one way the whole pay-to-win thing creates an issue.

If you stay off the main road, and avoid the pharmacy and the surroundings, you should still be fine. Using the a key to check for animals, also helps.

Draq wrote:

I think that's everything. There are definitely things that could be improved, but it's nice to see that Sam is still keeping the project alive. It's still fun to play from time to time, and yes, I did pay so I could use Draq for my name. A bit silly as I said, but it is what it is.

Well, if there are still more questions, feel free to post...

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2020-01-14 00:21:21

I downloaded the game again sometime last year, and was having trouble turning down the master volume, I think I had to do it with the control key or page down it was something like that, but the volume would not turn down, is there a work around for this yet?

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2020-01-14 01:44:16

again though, if "create a new character, complete quest, and transfer the items from that new character to the main account" consider as cheating, I don't really think so. for me it's up to the player, there are also those who do that because simpley wanted to trade their items for a primium account because they cannot purchase with real money. will you call  their hard work as "cheating?".
Yes I know  character will have like hundreds of bikes, stw packs whatnot, but hey, they work for it right? completing quest is not that easy afterall, even though you mostly know where the items are, you have to carefully explore the map on some quest.
again for me cheating is the way that you obtain something easyly without extra effort. but not for this case for sure.
+if you finish all of the quest, and spent all of your stw points, there is no way to reset the quest progress, so you have to purchase the stw points with credits, sooo..
not sure how much people will agree with my way of thinking though.

2020-01-14 08:45:48

I agree with you 3530, but sadly the developer does not see it that way. Why, only he knows, but yeah.

----------

2020-01-14 16:04:16 (edited by criticview 2020-01-14 16:06:03)

I don't even know why you guys bother to bring this up for discussion seeing as it is clearly stated in the rules you all agreed to prior to playing, what exactly cheating is. No one forbids you to complete quests with multiple accounts, so feel free to keep on doing that if you're in to that. However, and this goes for gifts, premium gifts, and all other items as well, if there is a limitation, you should not try and find ways around that limitation, because that is cheating. You said it yourself obtaining stuff without work is cheating, but /buy and then dropping is not working hard is it. Or picking up a gift, opening it, and then dropping the contents, not really hard either right? What's even more shocking, is you fail to see the bigger picture here: if everything would depend on players judgment, are you sure the game would still be fair. I don't know, someone with over 300000 coins and 55455 pop cans, would traid happaly till he ain't dying anymore... You want survival packs, go to the pk map and find them. You want lighter fluids, keep opening gifts till you have enough... You want coins, go to the city and find wallets. For everything is a solution, but they're usualy not seen because it involves being patient, and putting in some work to search over and over... while it's lots easyer to cheat, right? Too bad, cheating is defined, as well as the consequences...

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2020-01-14 17:35:17

So you mean if a paid person is my friend, who got his paid account from another player as a gift, and he tries to help me just because we are both underages, don't have a credit card, and this game is a damned pay to win style one, then we are cheating. Huh thanks, I guess I won't return anytime soon.

2020-01-14 18:09:45 (edited by criticview 2020-01-14 18:11:18)

Well, if that's the way you think, then so be it. I'm absolutely not going to cry in a corner because someone doesn't return because he's not allowed to set up an elabourate cheating scheme. Even if, lets just assume for a second, your ends would be nobel, and would only be for traiding paid items... What gives you the right to use multiple accounts to complete quests and transfer those items to your main account, while your main account is only allowed to do those quests once? Exactly, none... I'm refering to my previous post where i've explained this...

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2020-01-14 18:19:53

So how easy is cheating to find? I remember a time, when the message of the day was pretty much sam freeking out because people were, quote cheating. I mean jees. If someone wants to get away with it, they will. Just wanna point that out.

----------

2020-01-14 18:27:53

Maybe, maybe not, that's the risc wich cheating though... So just in case you were planning on doing just that, do not, and i repeat, not, complain anywhere on the forum if you suddanly find your inventory empty and your character in jail. Not reading the rules is no excuse either, just saying.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2020-01-14 19:10:50

If I wanted to cheat, I wouldn't be complaining. If I were going to cheat, I'd know how to give myself items, so despite your, quote clearing inv, jail, thing, could be bipassed by tlp. And if not, then well there's always a way for the determined. Not saying that I am, just making a point.

----------

2020-01-15 01:07:06

Seems pretty simple to me. If the game doesn't allow you to do something by design and you're finding ways around that, then you're cheating. Depending on what the developer of a game decides to do to handle cheating, your actions can end up having a negative impact on the game as a whole. So, just follow the rules. It hurts to see things in the changelog like, "hey cheaters, you just ruined it for you and everyone else." Granted, some of that is on Sam and how he decided to deal with the problem, but if people could just behave, nothing would have to be done.

2020-01-15 09:42:50

No, I don't mean doing quests with multiple accounts would be completely okay. It is not. But since free accounts have damn lots of limitations, paid accounts might try to help out. Not with cheating, but giving us a few items. At older times, many people got their paid account as a gift, from rich ones. So nowadays almost everyone has a premium account, except a few of us who couldn't be kind enough with the admins and didn't enjoy being in their gang.

2020-01-15 09:58:54 (edited by FrankZ 2020-01-15 09:59:06)

That's the pattern with this dude's games.

----------

2020-01-15 12:08:59

Yap, sadly...