2020-01-14 03:52:43

hi,
so I just installed vmware player. to create a virtual machine do I just click create new virtual machine then open the iso file? how do i know if i loaded the OS successfuly? If i switch between my virtual and host machine will NVDA say this?

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-01-14 08:44:14

Yes, you create a new virtual machine and configure it when clicking new virtual machine, why not try it out yourself instead of asking? You can't damage anything after all.
NVDA will tell you when switching keyboard input to the guest and back to the host system by saying "Numlock on" or "Numlock off" usually, that is after you pressed CTRL+G / CTRL+Alt however.
If it comes to knowing when the OS has booted, thats a totally different story, because as soon as you start the VM, all inside runs under the given OS, so no way to access it with NVDA from the host system. You'll need to install NVDA (or some other screen reader like Orca under Linux) onto the guest system to use it.

2020-01-14 12:09:58 (edited by gerech 2020-01-14 12:10:32)

@2 when i open the iso file its giving me a intel vt error. it wants me to enable it. how do i do that?

To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-01-14 12:29:04

You'll need to enable Intel VTX in your bios. This process varies based on your device, but usually you can access the bios by pressing a key such as f10 or f12 repeatedly at boot and then getting sited help to do things from there.

2020-01-14 12:59:56

@4 is right here, you'll need to enable hardware virtualization in your BIOS and will require sighted help to do so.

2020-01-14 13:30:12

@4 & @5 thanks. I'll try to get someone to help me in be my eyes.