2020-01-14 03:58:00 (edited by hadi.gsf 2020-01-15 17:10:18)

Hello

intro

Tempest season is a fantasy based mud officially launched at July 2019.
Before i start, i'd like to mention that i am extremely picky with the muds that i play. I'd like complex combat, immersion, Muds that reward you as you practice skills and muds that are not payed to play, that is paying wouldn't give you any gold or points or make you advance faster compared to others.
I found a special mud and i'm going to share with you guys as well. It supports screen readers, staff is very responsive and is waiting for further suggestions and feedback down the line.
My Character's name is Siyavash if you read and were interested in the mud, so feel free to send me tells if you needed help!

About game and background story

Three-hundred years ago, the violent, tyrannical rule of Sesi-kai came to a bloody end on the continent of Ama'rane. For years, his malice and greed ravaged the world of Eihydia and resulted in an innumerable loss of life. Within the first century of recovery, Eihydia saw the rise of five nations that worked independently to restore social and economic stability to their homelands, but a global effort was needed to ensure lasting peace.
To commemorate the bicentennial anniversary of Sesi-kai's defeat, the five nations entered into an alliance that formed the Alamarian Empire. Tralisia, the Alamarian Empire's capital city, was founded in Alamare (located on Ama'rane) and serves as the midway point for all five nations.
Your story takes place after the tricentennial celebrating the end of Sesi-kai's rule. Since it was founded, Tralisa has become a major world trade hub and a cultural melting pot, but as the city has grown, so have its enemies--both domestic and abroad. Corruption, dangerous threats, and the wild, unpredictable nature of Ama'rane have all made Tralisia a deadly place to live. Take part in helping your fellow heroes maintain Tralisia's status as a beacon of peace and hope, or work with other villains to bring the city, and maybe even the world, to its knees.
A Tempest Season offers a rich role-play enforced environment with a completely unique, wonderful, and sometimes weird world. We have an active combat system, quest system, and a multitude of ways to progress your character via specializations, aptitudes, extended ability levels, and more! With a full-time coder and an active staff, you can expect updates and new features being added everyday. We have an amazing community that is focused on having fun and including everyone in their many adventures. Come visit our Disord at https://discord.gg/UzK8YQ4. We look forward to seeing you in Tralisia!!!

Mud Theme: Fantasy, Steampunk, Dark Comedy
Pasted from TMC

What is so special about this game?

Classes, classes, classes. This game has amazingly unique built classes. Ever wanted to play as a deadly assassin? there are two classes and four paths for you to choose. Want to be a mage, or  a wizard with experimental devices and discoveries, a shaman or a cleric, this game has you covered. Please visit this page and read it and you will see how much work has gone towards designing and making these classes, each class you pick will define your character and you will have special abilities for your class and focus!
classes page:
https://tempestseason.com/manual/classes/
There are many races to choose from; There is even a dragon race that is completely classless, but it is not recommended for new players at all. You will start as a young dragon baby and will be extremely vulnerable and have to spend months and months to be among the most powerful and strongest creatures of the world. There are more races like dragon that are classless i think, but i will have to check on this.
Alts are completely allowed, so you can have different characters trying different classes.

An important note about classes

Each class has two focuses and you will choose one, and each focus gives you different abilities. please read carefully and choose carefully because the abilities are very important and you will not be able to switch your class focus down the line. The page that i pasted above lists the  classes, and each one is a link that you can go in and study the classes.

Game mechanics: character skills, class abilities, specializations, postures, morale, risk and more

The game has a complex mechanic for combat. don't worry about about getting overwhelmed because the game is designed in a way that it introduces you to the mechanics as you level up. for example, you will not be able to pick up special abilities until you hit level 25.

config screenreader and more

Type config screenreader when you are in the first room. the admins are waiting for more suggestions and feedback from screen reader users, make sure to report to them!
Is combat too spammy for you? type config message yours brief, then config message others brief.

Roleplaying

The game is role play enforced. It has an ever expanding lore, RP helpers that put up events and you are expected to role play your character when playing the game. I noticed that the town has an active politics and you can easily get involved if you'd like to.
if you don't like RP, or not a huge fan, the game has public nets and there's a very active discord! just remember your character should act in game!

soundpack

The game does not have a soundpack, yet.

tips

As far as i know, there is armor, (covers legs, chest, head and arms) and there's clothings (grants affects, and for roleplay reasons)
Now. when it comes to armor and weapons, there are  basically five materials each one being much much more expensive than the other one.
1. starting armor and weapons, which is wood/copper/leather
2. steel. that includes steel plated leather armor, steel plated chain armor, steel plated plate armor.
3. Orinsteel
4. Platinum
5. Titanium
For buying newbie  equipment and steel you only need gold  but any other material higher than that you need to loot ore and turn them to ingots in the ironworks shop and then  buy your equipments with gold and ingots.
IF you want to have a good idea of how it looks like, you have to start wearing steel armor from level 30. earlier if you manage to buy one, then  better!
same with weapons.
Don't forget to inspect your weapons before buying. some are one handed and some two!
And don't forget, one handed weapons deal much less damage than two handed ones, because you can double wield them  or wield them with a shield. I recommend two handed weapons as a starting weapon.

Links and connection info

Host: game.tempestseason.com
Port: 6000
SSL Port: 9000
discord server: https://discord.gg/UzK8YQ4

donate and support the game

From the help file
The patreon command allow you to view your patreon status on your account and use it to
create new RP items (once every 2 weeks per character). You set an item using various
commands and then create the item and it is placed in your inventory. You can view the
created item in progress by using the view option. In addition, you can desrtoy an item and
remake it, if you have a free valid slot for the month.
If you make a mistake with your item please contact Dayrinni and he will reset you. If you
wish to change your item, you can do so in 2 weeks!
You can visit our patreon page here: https://www.patreon.com/ATempestSeason
The ATS Staff thank you for your support to this game!

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2020-01-14 04:01:49

Training and practicing skills.
There are three ways to raise a skill in A Tempest season.
1. train them directly, costs a lot of gold and tier points at higher levels.
2. practice them by using ability points on them. this will increase the progress of your skill and then you will train them for free.
3.  practice them by using your skill. this will increase the progress of your skill and then you can train them for free.
use the commands practice to practice yuor skills when you're near a trainer, then use the train command to actually raise your skills. Do not train your skills  first because it will cost you a lot of gold!

2020-01-14 04:21:55

Actually it costs tier posts even if you choose to do ability points, as tier points are taken away on training.
I thurroly enjoy this mud. The classes are riddiculously unique. The development teams are active and working. The player base is very close-nitted and friendly.
My only critisism is the world size, the building quality and the fact you can't recall to a default spot but have to manually walk from one spot to another. There are, however, recall abilities that stretch across some classes and focuses. For example, as a rogue, I get extortion, which I have to work to get active influence in, but I can use the influence to do certain things like recall to city or escape jail.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2020-01-14 04:25:41

I updated the topic saying that alts are allowed. because of how unique is each class everyone has different characters to try out different classes.

2020-01-14 05:47:14

I just added some more important info such as this:
Is combat too spammy for you? type config message yours brief, then config message others brief.

2020-01-14 10:21:10

i find that  Chinese IP address can not enjoy this game, must using proxy or otherwise can not play.

2020-01-14 10:25:15

I think Mushz may support proxy servers. I assume audiogames is blocked in China as well?

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-01-14 11:17:16

I just saw this on Reddit, and I'm looking forward to trying it out.
I'll check the manual, and I'm hoping there is also crafting.
Thanks for sharing!

2020-01-14 11:32:21

@8 there is a limited form of construction, though not what  I'd call crafting. However, given how active the developers are, it is not unreasonable to imagine there might be in the future.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2020-01-14 11:35:06

Hi,
Maybe I've just not seen it, but could someone tell me if the mud has a quest System and how it is? because I'm much of a questor than a just spending my time with Training skills.

Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher
(If you want to get in touch with me, contact me via twitter (ciri1240)

2020-01-14 13:35:23

Does this mud have crafting? I do not want to Have combat And Quest Only.

2020-01-14 14:14:29

Post 8 literally asks about crafting, please learn to read back through posts.
I'm quite enjoying this mud as well and don't see myself getting bored any time soon. There is so much to try. Quests so far are generally things like, *kill one or more of these kinds of monsters in this area*. There are other kinds I've encountered though in the form of fetch quests. Someone who's more qualified in that area can probably do a better job of answering that. There's so much potential with this mud though! While the game is considered RP and its best to do that, admins also are pretty relaxed about it generally. Really, they just want everyone to have fun. We requested a change to have the risk system read out to us in the screen reader prompt maybe 2 days ago? It just got added today. Actually it was added earlier, but the game updated today. So again, admins are quite willing to listen.

2020-01-14 14:19:45 (edited by hadi.gsf 2020-01-14 15:01:56)

quests can range from killing mobs, retrieving items,  finding things in the shadows or just you know quests that you have to guess and figure out yourself.
There is unfortunately no crafting system but the way the game systems are set it can be done in the near future, i believe the admins mentioned 2021 for crafting systems perhaps.
Honestly the only  great crafting system i've enjoyed is hellmoo's. The other  muds that i tried either had a boring crafting system or one where you pay to get better so i avoid them completely

2020-01-14 15:14:24

i goes for the game, but can not at long, and yes, chinese have harder time  in audio games too, DB, google drive, facebook or twitter are blocked.
for this mud, it is not blocked, but the server said your can not access  because your  IP address, i'm sad.

2020-01-14 16:01:43

I usually don't like rp-enforced muds mainly because my english isn't good enough to properly roleplay (especially when those weirdos use that hilarious old-english style of writing for some reason) but I first wanted to give this one a shot. The class system looks quite intriguing and unique and thats what counts for me personally.
I however cut the link still during character creation. Having to scramble together a name from such a restricted pool of letters felt awfully clumsy and generic. Having to do so twice for first and last name without any frame of reference or suggestions was to much.

I mean, I get the appeal from rp-enforced muds and I like me a immersive world and a mindful, mature playerbase. But I am, and will always be, put off by handholding in creative decisions.
Yeah, I probably could just have thrown the letter-sylable recommendations into the wind and do my own style. But either an admin would have asked me to change the name or I'd always just be the guy who can't go by the rules... Also even though I don't like this design decisions I still want to respect them.

So yet another mud with promising, probably out of the box class mechanics I won't play sadly. Thanks for sharing though.
Don't get me wrong either, I don't want to criticise or didscourage others from playing. This is my personal, very subjective experience.

2020-01-14 16:28:01

@honk
Honestly I personally just used a random Dwarven name generator. To each their own though I guess.

2020-01-14 16:36:20

hi all.
How to connect to it, vip mud says that the specyfide service name is invalid.

2020-01-14 16:47:35 (edited by Honk 2020-01-14 17:01:17)

@cj89:
I wanted to make a lizardfolk character and it said something like:
They have lenghty names with these six consonants and these three vowels in them. And for some reason they have first and surnames. So generic genericson basically, or rather genericlongname genericlongnameson - at least for me.

Edit:
On the other hand you don't usually have the opportunity to pick your name in rl either. It all comes down on your parent's mercy and surnames. So maybe I could be content with playing a character who hates the name that was given to them.
Still, having no frame of reference how that particular race's names would look like is a bad idea for me. I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb with an untypical name either...

2020-01-14 17:16:43

@honk
I don't quite understand your reason you gave for not playing the game, probably because english is not my first language either!
The admins on this game are very relaxed, They won't ask you to change your name unless it's something ridiculous like adolf hitler. They don't force you to roleplay either. People on discord organize groups for  mob killing and i noticed some people just roleplay by nodding and shrugging and saying a few words. You don't have to throw four lines of speeches or emotes but if you do, you'll find people like you who enjoy doing it and there are rp helpers who will reward you and give you bonuses for involving yourself in the story!
My name is based on a Persian hero and admins have no issues with it. Their philosophy is to enjoy the game not forcing and punishing players on the basis of roleplaying

2020-01-14 18:46:08

at level 11, you are told to write a description. I've neglected to do so and am at level 35 as of this moment. So far, I have not been banned. I mean, I'll get around to writing one eventually, but this game is extremely lax. I wouldn't say rp enforced as much as rp encouraged.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2020-01-14 19:55:54 (edited by Dark 2020-01-14 19:59:15)

Wow just trying this now and yee gods I love the combat, particularly the advancing and retreating and use of ranged weapons.
I'm playing a ranger of the reptile race

I especially like how you can do higher levle quests with the right tactics, I beat the crime boss even though he was supposed to be quite a few higher levels than me, by using my acid spit on his face, retreating and hitting him with arrows, and then using my claws on him when he hit me.

I admit I do find the skill system a little confusing with advancement at the moment, since I'm not sure at the second how much skills improve with usage and how much not, especially passive skills like defensive maneuvers, but I'm definitely liking so far.

My char is Vezeduliz, which I thought sounded sufficiently lizardy big_smile.

It was a toss up between ranger and templer, but in the end the pathfinding etc was just too good to pass up.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-01-14 20:05:56 (edited by hadi.gsf 2020-01-14 20:07:47)

Dark. each skill has its own level progression. For example hide is 10 levels and you start with novice. when it says 100/100, it means that you have not advanced in it yet. when you use it a little bit, it becomes  for example 60/100 when it becomes 0/100, you go to the trainer, type train list, then train <number that represents hide>
Now the game gives you ability points that you can use to progress your skills as well. but remember, that at some point  your skills can't be practiced or bought with ability points, so they will become buy only.
The skills that are used automatically without you typing anything will be automatically practiced!
Type config viewing_train_levels
then type skills
smile

2020-01-14 20:21:15

I'm actually really happy with the name guides. it made me create a name that I normally wouldn't

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-01-14 20:28:11

@All thanks for the feedback about name generation and rp-enforcement in this mud in general. Maybe I give it another try if its actually not that big of a deal. The rest of it sounds pretty interessting.

2020-01-14 21:17:05 (edited by Dark 2020-01-14 21:18:10)

:Hadi, yep, I worked out how skill training works. The only thing I don't like as much is how you need to keep paying to train skills, particularly since you can often have the xp but not the cash, then again lots of enemies seem to have loot and sellall is your friend (so long as you use keep flags).
I also like the number of quests in the game, I've already run into a couple in the newbie area off the beaten track which was nice.

@Liam, yeah, name conventions are fun, it's where  I came up with Vezeduliz, . I have a vague idea for my character's background based on ratial lore, though at the moment I'm just enjoying the quests and exploration.

I can also see this as one of the games where multiple characters might be worth trying since it looks as if all the classes have slightly different play styles.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)