2020-01-08 11:52:26

Hi admins and moderators

I would just like to bring something to your attention, in the topic "public record of disciplinary action" post 50, Jayde gives the following reason for banning "racer max" from the endless runner 2 topic in new releases.

RacerMax, the thread creator, has been permanently banned after admitting that he was an alt of someone who had already been banned. He did so by saying that he was "unfairly banned" by Liam. I am not precisely sure who he is, but at this point it doesn't matter. Ban evasion in this manner is itself ban-worthy. Don't do it.

While the post referenced from the quote above stated

Now, admins like liam can unfairly ban me. I will sign out of my account. I'll just look at the posts!

More specifically "Admins like Liam can unfairly ban me", that was said in reference to the fact, that the game could look like a clone without being it.
While calling out anyone is not okay, I feel that the ban issuied here was missplaced because he said something that could hypothetically happen (from his point of view) not something that had already taken place.
Therefore making the reason he got banned in the first place invalid.

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2020-01-08 11:57:11

What did you expect... I hope, not that they would give any valid reasons.

2020-01-08 12:24:08

Oh yeah, because those posts from racer max totally look like something you would see from a new member with only 2 posts. You know, for a new member, that guy sure seemed to know a lot about the admins, or at least thought they did. Totally didn't look like posts from someone who got banned before, no, not at all!

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2020-01-08 12:26:50

@Nicklas, prepare to fry in the eternal admin hell.
Hm, maybe he just observed the forum for a while? I mean, I have my own opinion but the truth is the truth, the ban is invalid.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-01-08 12:30:34

Now I shall fry in the parrot hell. He said something like "I'm sorry to be back here".

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-01-08 12:33:06

Let's be real and stop supporting members who can't even code but want to release a game? Also, which professional developer calls out admins in his first post? Can you tell me when did any developer do that and expect to get support on his game? It essentially sounds like hey, this game is out, here it is and I don't care about it anymore, goodbye. No effort, and 100 percent a multiple account.

2020-01-08 12:34:43

At this point I think you guys are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

2020-01-08 12:51:07

Now it's not about if he's a true developer or not. But the validity of the ban. Don't try to lead the topic in a different direction. Facts are facts.

2020-01-08 12:59:41

I'm sure who racer is as readme of endless2 says:
e-mail: [email protected]

2020-01-08 13:20:37

Ok, maybe he is fighter2005. It's totally right that we don't need him, because of his clones in the past. But everyone needs a valid reason. If not, then there's either favoritism or racism in a different context here.

2020-01-08 14:08:52

Yep, Racer max is fighter, or belatrix, or whatever, check the bottom of his website page.

2020-01-08 14:10:55 (edited by Sovs 2020-01-08 14:12:27)

If he is indeed Fighter2005, then there is a valid reason for kicking his ars out of here. I can't even remember how many accounts he has made on here and you are only allowed one account. Right? Right?

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2020-01-08 15:54:03

Do you know what's the problem? This guy has better english than that Fighter. Maybe he's fighter, but the style is different... So the reason is invalid. Did they even check his IP? I guess they didn't, just checked the website, clapped twice and banned the guy as laughing out loud, shouting "justice".

2020-01-08 17:11:39

Oh please, stop defending undefendable. Even if it was based only on the website, perfectly valid reason. Sites containing unauthorised forks are not allowed, regardless if you are someone else or not. However, admins are not stupid, nor will they ban someone just to be happy. And really? Racism? That has to be a joke right? If not, look up what that term means before throwing it around.

2020-01-08 17:25:06

Dear Mr. Dictionary, I know what it means, but thanks for letting me know that I could look for the definition. It's a really kind way to ashame someone in front of the public, and you are doing a great job to do so. Keep going, but be prepared for that you won't be a knowitall adult if you start to live your life outside of the internet. smile

2020-01-08 17:28:42

I did not talk about the definition, I could not care less, but you were not yet kind enough to point out where is the racism in this example? Easy to move away from the topic when you cannot explain your words mentioned only to make it look as bad as possible while in reality it is perfectly legit.

2020-01-08 18:47:43 (edited by Xvordan 2020-01-08 18:59:25)

Can we please stop being a bunch of illiterate sensationalists trying to spark drama for the sake of drama? The offending ex-forum member clearly exhibited signs of a bannee, knew enough about the forum to know that they probably would get banned and went ahead and posted the clone anyway, and went out of their way to provoke the admin staff, which means they already weren't going to be a good fit for the community (even if they were legitimately not a formerly banned member).
Please learned what the words you are throwing around mean. You're potentially accusing the forum moderators of racism just because they chose to ban a controversially provocative member?
From Merriam-Webster:

A belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

From Dictionary.com:

A belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

No such insinuation was made in the ban statement, no demarcation of race or even social caste was implied. Falsely accusing someone of racism and trying to spark a conflagration in that respect is tantamount to fear mongering, so I'd be careful of the ground you're treading on, Deathstar.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2020-01-08 18:49:54

Hello.
We've made it clear that fighter2005 is permanently banned from the forum. They have been warned for advertising unauthorized forks and were summarily banned for it. if they had waited, their ban would have expired. they chose not to, and so he bann is permanent.
When the post was put up we did in fact do IP checks and there was enough to suggest that the poster was a previously banned user. Also by their own admission, they were knowingly attempting to skirt the ban policy. That in itself is plenty of justification for a ban.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-01-08 18:57:45

So before everyone piles on the Let's bash Deathstar bandwagon, I want to defend her for a minute.

Deathstar wrote:

Ok, maybe he is fighter2005. It's totally right that we don't need him, because of his clones in the past. But everyone needs a valid reason. If not, then there's either favoritism or racism in a different context here.

No where did Deathstar say we were being racist, but she points out that she feels by banning him, we were possibly being impartial. For reasons I set out in my previous post, I disagree entirely.
If it quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and looks like a duck. Its a duck.

2020-01-08 19:05:44

Hi @liam and others
I originally created the topic, because I did not feel that the ban were warranted given the evidence provided
I did not create the topic to bash the admin team or start drama, simply because I felt that the ban was given too quick and on finn ground.
I just wanted some clarification for the quick ban.

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2020-01-08 19:46:31

20:
I totally understand. This goes for everyone. If you ever feel like a decision we make is something you don't agree with, I check my private messages here multiple times a day. Sometimes talking to us is better than starting a drama fest.

2020-01-08 21:04:05

Bingo. Reach out privately. We will talk to you and explain things. It's better than doing this.

I took a lot of things into account when dropping this ban. I cited the post itself, but I had tried to check the IP, had looked at the profile, had followed the provided link...had, in other words, done my homework.

Deathstar, post 2 really rubbed me the wrong way. The implication seems to be that we don't provide reasons when we ban someone. I'm getting awfully tired of this, especially from you. I'll be the first to admit that sometimes I, in particular, have forgotten to update the punishment thread, but I never, ever drop a ban or warning, or hell, even a caution, without giving a strong reason. You're free to disagree with that reason, of course, but rules are rules. And saying, in essence, "I hope you didn't actually expect them to give a good reason" just feels like you're pouring oil on the fire.
And no, you didn't accuse us of racism, but you did wave that flag. Why, exactly? If you agree that we don't need Fighter2005, why are you even bringing that up? Why isn't it good enough that Fighter2005 got banned? Flip this around for a sec. I quite obviously have a problem with the way you address the admin team, generally speaking, but I am never, ever going to wave the racism flag about that, or suggest that your dislike of our methods is racially motivated, because I'm very sure it isn't. More oil on more fire. Yolu didn't accuse us of being racist, but you did bring something up for a pretty pointless reason. Combine this with post 2, and it's pretty clear (to me at least) what you're up to here. To me, this smacks of pushing as far as you can without actually putting a toe across the line. However, that's only my own opinion, stated here because I feel it needs saying.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-01-08 21:40:15 (edited by Destranis 2020-01-08 21:40:41)

As I said, it's true that we don't need this guy. I'm also tired of clones, mostly because the hungarian blind community even spreads them around like shit, even upload them on "official" hungarian audiogames websites, as they say, so yeah, I'm tired of that as well. The thing is that communication lacks between you and banned people. This fighter someone even didn't have the time to explain himself, or at least to try. It's easy to play the "I'm older and more mature" card against someone who even doesn't have the right to talk, because you ban them before they could reach out. If they wanted something in private, I'm quite sure you'd ignore them all. Maybe the term, so called racism, was wrong in this case, but I couldn't find any different word which would explain this situation. It's not making a difference because of someone's race, but because of their 2 days long past in this case. I'm not angry not nervous, moreover, I agree with the ban. If it was about that Mahdi guy, I'd definitely say, ban him instantly. But what if this guy, with almost no past, finally learnt his lesson and brought something to us, which is not a huge game of course, but a simple step towards developing something more serious? Personally I didn't download the thing, so I can't say anything about the game, but what if he gathered with some friends and finally tried to bring up something, even if it isn't a huuuge something which costs 50 dollars, with professional sound designing and stuff? Everyone needs to grow up once. And maybe he tried. Just maybe, not for sure.

2020-01-08 21:44:46

I'm sorry for being a smart ass guys, but lately I've been seeing tuns of conspiracy theories about the admins and I'm growing quite tired of it. It's got to stop sometime. The admins aren't out to get us. There's no ulterior motive. It's just the admins doing their jobs.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2020-01-08 22:03:12

Look at how his post was phrased.
Look at the way people described his game.
Look at the fact that he has a permanent ban already, has tried to come back at least a few times already. This doesn't paint a picture of someone who's learned his lesson and is ready to grow up.

I agree with you that people can and do change, but I had no evidence that this was the case here, and plenty to suggest that it wasn't.

To me, the facts are simple:
1. Person with a heavy history of cloning gets banned
2. They come back multiple times trying to either spread new games or sow discord, and these new accounts are banned
3. Yet another account surfaces, with a simple game which may or may not be an unauthorized fork
4. The post which advertises this game talks about Liam unfairly banning people, suggesting that this user has a history
5. A look at the player's profile gives a very strong impression that it's a banned user, who just by being here again is breaking a rule they've been asked not to break and agreed not to break by signing up
6. A ban was dropped on this user

I think the word you're looking for, if you don't mean racism, is history or past. i.e., you don't want people to be stonewalled due to their past. I can understand that angle to some extent. Some people really do learn and stop doing whatever it was that got them in trouble. But at the same time, sometimes past actions are a good indication of what to expect in future (not always, of course). so if a person shows up three times trying to spread clones, I don't think we need to be kind and sweet and understanding given how much these things can hurt the community. By doing this multiple times, the user has demonstrated that they have little to no regard for the rules, which, again, they signed up to and agreed to upon coming here. There comes a point where it's better to just eliminate certain elements from the community.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1