2019-12-25 17:12:24

Hi Vaibhavbhandari!
No, you don't have to paste the lines in any particular order, although when the translation is complete I may go through and organize all the text into it's own subsections so that the translation isn't a complete mess. Unfortunately we're not really releasing the translation to the public yet, but we are allowing people who volunteer to work on it with us if you'd like me to add you to the Dropbox folder.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-12-26 09:28:45 (edited by vaibhavbhandari 2019-12-26 09:29:38)

Hi Dan,
Yes, I would also like to contribute in the translation but although I have been playing the game for a long time, I am new at this. Could you tell me the steps for translating the text? I wanted to do it but I don't really know the steps for it. I am really interested in it.

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2019-12-26 11:56:51

We have a Dropbox folder where we're translating the game, would you like to join that?

TWITCH

2019-12-26 12:03:46

Dan,
Yes I would like to join. My email ID is vaibhavbhandari2017 at gmail do com.

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2019-12-26 18:13:05

Thanks vaibhavbhandari, I sent you an invite.

TWITCH

2019-12-26 19:17:08

I'd like to help as well, but i don't know Japanese. is there any orther way I can be of use?

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2019-12-26 19:43:07 (edited by assault_freak 2019-12-26 20:22:30)

Noone in the group at the moment knows Japanese other than myself. smile Most people are using a translation service and then just editing the result as best they can whether the result is actually accurate or not.

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-12-28 14:25:16

Very cool. As much as I enjoy the game I haven't picked it up in a long time, partly because I have trouble with the Google Translate translations, although admittedly some of them could be quite entertaining. LOL. But it would be nice to see an honest to goodness translation someday, even if it's just strictly text. Although if it ever comes to the point where we're doing English voices I wouldn't object to contributing some vocals. I'd really like to do some more of that.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2020-01-03 23:04:14

Hey guys! I'm super excited to be writing back here again, it feels like it's been a long time since I gave you guys an update.
So, here's what's going on. The developer of Shadow Rine (MM) has sent me a text database of every translatable part of the game, of course minus the parts of the game that aren't fully translatable at the core such as certain parts of the options menu. Still, this is very wonderful, because this now means we don't have to hunt down certain dialogues in the game to translate them, and thus this project will get done a lot quicker. My hands are shaking and I'm having a bit of a hard time typing over here because I am so excited to finish this for you all. I will have a recording of the Gierua Volcano up for you guys to listen too tonight. I cannot thank you guys enough for the support I've received for this project, it really means a lot to me.

TWITCH

2020-01-04 22:09:47

dude, know i've posted here before, baut wanted to thank you, and all the people working with you, again man.

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2020-01-04 22:24:30

Wow that's awesome! Please send the dev a great big thank you on behalf of us all.

2020-01-05 08:02:57

I definitely will send the dev a thank you. It really means a lot that he's assisted and supported me finishing the translation. I'm not finished yet, but I will be quite shortly I believe. I'm going to start recording now. I apologize for not getting it up the night I said I would, it was taking me longer than I expected to finish up.

TWITCH

2020-01-05 10:51:23

Unfortunately, my computer crashed right in the middle of recording. I was dumb enough not to back up my save, so I can't start at the beginning of Gierua Volcano. I do have another save though, which I have two copies of, and I will be starting tomorrow because it's getting super late. Plus, I'm kind of burnt out and a bit disheartened over losing that recording. I think it's about time I got another computer.

TWITCH

2020-01-05 18:22:44

Okay, well i've downloaded the game and am playing it myself now I have JGT working, so extra thumbs up on the translation, since while it is definitely possible to play and sort of vaguely get the jist of what is going on, a lot of what is there is, mmmmm, interesting big_smile.

In particular item descriptions would be good, I had to search on this forum to find out what recovery amulets were for.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-01-06 01:41:41

This is awesome! I wish I still remembered my Japanese or I would offer to help (for the record, I learned japanese years ago, but don't really remember it anymore).  I remembered it enough to kinda start playing but then I just got hopelessly lost so good on you for translating this!

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2020-01-06 01:46:05

I'm not sure if you've gotten them yet, but I was looking through my harddrive and was able to find assault_freak's playthrough hanging around. If clement agrees, and if you don't have them, i'm happy to upload them to dropbox for you. (yay for me hoarding files left and right!)

Feel free to add me.

2020-01-06 02:13:59

I would love to, as long as Assault_Freak is cool with it. Also guys, we got things going on around the home again, so I didn't record tonight. I'm just going to say that I'll have the recording for you guys as quick as I'm able to get it out. Sorry for making deadlines guys.

TWITCH

2020-01-06 05:00:52

Those playthroughs I made don't have any baring on the current translation project. lol But if you want to upload them, sure... I've thought about doing a full playthrough again, but seeing as there are so many other ones... I wouldn't be bringing anything new to the table.

2020-01-06 15:36:48

I only offered them because in one of the earlier posts dan was thinking of going through them to maybe extract some good translations out of what you've already did.  Since you did translate some of the dialogues as you were going through the first parts smile .
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x33kgy7z5pn30 … p.zip?dl=1

Feel free to add me.

2020-01-07 02:38:09

lol... those were not good translations. Not compared to what I could do now if I tried. Back then was when my Japanese was nowhere near as fluent or deep as it is now. But if it helps, then that's good. big_smile

2020-01-07 04:32:31

I got the game, but do to compatibility changes in NVDA 2019.3, JGT addons won't install. Anyways, good luck with the translation.

2020-01-07 04:51:01

Of course. But something's always better than nothing, right? smile
Quite frankly I'm glad this is happening.  My japanese was never fluent enough to play the game.  I think it will be fun, though, to listen to the voices (in japanese) as I'm playing the game (in english)

Feel free to add me.

2020-01-07 06:16:40

Yeah I'm very much looking forward to the translation. Kee it up. smile

2020-01-07 10:50:35

Hi guys. Shadow Rine Part 3 is finally out, although I did this one a bit differently. First of all, there's commentary over it. Second, because of my save file screw up, my name is now Spongegar, and I am tackling extra forest stuff instead of the Volcano. There are other differences you may notice in my recording style as well. Let me know what you like, as well as what you don't like. I'm thinking for my future recordings, I may mix these styles together. While I do enjoy doing live play-throughs, I think I was a bit too heavy on the uh... um... er... Anyway, you can check the link in post one for all the play-through recordings, as usual.

TWITCH

2020-01-07 19:16:13

Definitely looking forward to actually playing the translation.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!