2019-12-25 10:14:25

Hi.

Wel, at leased I'm still loving the game and would be down for further testing and checking out of the game, what I saw I already liked and continuation would be great.

Let's make German games great again ... or something like that.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-12-25 17:54:29

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have a few new avenues to explore, and will keep people posted.

2019-12-26 08:57:26

Hi. I really want to play this game properly. Can someone please explain what the scripts do and how to get them to work? I really wish the menus could speak on their own. Maybe one day. Also, how do we do combat? As far as I understand, it’s quite visual.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-12-26 16:45:55

hi, has anything at all ever resulted from the contact we had with the devs of the game? I know someone was able to iniciate some dialogue, but I didn't hear anything since.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-12-26 19:36:47

Unfortunately nothing came of talking to the developers, understandably. They are busy working on x4, and I don't think they'd have much time for fixing up x3. I can always try to contact them again but don't expect very much.

2020-01-02 03:20:22

Just as a note to interested parties, I've been working my way through an actual game of X3, starting last night. OCR is occasionally annoying, but I've figured out some tricks to work around it and am able to reliably fly a couple ships, and set the remote ones to notify me when they finish their orders. I will keep everyone posted as to how things develop, the biggest problem is the fact that menus are a little confusing, but I'm becoming familiar with the most important ones.

2020-01-02 05:38:22

Hi.

At Zcline you can hit I on some menu options and a small info text will appear, telling you which option you just highlighted, helps abit when OCR is quite the mess again.

What other tricks have you discovered?

I will need to download the game and install the mods again, let's hope here I still remember how to do this.

Greetings Moritz.

2020-01-02 05:56:20

The main trick so far is just getting familiar with the way the menus are laid out. The most important one is the ship command console, which has a bunch of options in several distinct sections. If I can sometime I'll write up a guide to the menu layouts for important places, though sometimes they change depending on what's equipped on your ship. Fortunately, the command console accepts keyboard shortcuts and it's often possible to remember how to do things without having to use the menus all the time.

2020-01-02 06:20:51

Hi.

Yeah true, it changes left and right sometimes, but as you said, keyboard commands are quite nifty in this game, they also work when remote controling ships wwhich is a blast, I managed to let my discoverer undock from a station, fly to a light weapons facotry, buy up a bunch of impulse ray emiters and let them equip, mostly everything worked through shortcuts.

If you need field testing, I'm still interested in the game and down for some testing.

Greeitngs moritz.

2020-01-02 06:25:54

Thanks, Moritz.

As a side note I've been reading the first of the X novels, which was translated into English as Farnham's Legend. If anyone likes space opera with a lot of fish out of water themes, this is a pretty fun book.

2020-01-02 11:29:21

you should also read rogues testament that series is really good as well.

2020-01-03 07:49:09 (edited by zkline 2020-01-03 07:50:00)

Thanks for the recommendation, Darin.

I'm still continuing with my current game, I wanted to get auto-exploration working today with my Discoverer but got sidetracked wandering around Argon space in my Mercury instead. The scripts are definitely working quite well, though there is a lingering bug in the map script I hope to solve sometime soon.

This time around I'm definitely becoming more aware of the way the supply chain aspect of the game works, which is the whole point, I suppose. I made the mistake of buying a cargo hold full of ore at bargain rates only to find that everybody was already glutted with it. Eventually managed to sell for a high price but it took longer than I anticipated.

I hope to be able to claim some abandoned ships soon, but I'm in no hurry, as mapping the universe is quite fun for the moment.

As a note, I installed the Terran Conflict Plots Mod, which enables the storyline from X3TC along with the expanded gameplay in AP. It's nice to have a reasonably peaceful universe to wander around in for now.

I'll keep everyone posted as I explore new areas of the game, or if I make any scripting changes.

2020-01-03 08:54:31

Hi.

Yeah you gotta figure out when to buy what resources. Always check for basic resources like energie cells, if demand at a production place is low and they're not paying much for them, you can expect the production to be running good so far and they may have a full hold of stuff you can get.

Do you still have the links to the mods and script somewhere we need? I'm not really familiar anymore with what we need, that trade log when docked to a station, the auto coords one I still remember.

Greetings Moritz.

2020-01-03 18:48:52

Hi Moritz,

Actually, the "Move to coordinates," mod is part of the base game as long as you play X3AP. It enables automatically if you install Navigation software on your ships, which I recommend doing as soon as you can.

Other than that, we need the plugin manager, which lets you enable scripts without having to fuss with the in-game method. That can be found here, from my Dropbox. There is also the latest version of the Trade scripts, which need to be put into the addon\scripts folder. NOte that they are zipped up in a V0.40 folder which is just a convenient way of packaging a bunch of separate files.

I'll keep everyone posted as I find more scripts and add-ons which will help us.

2020-01-04 01:46:49

zac have the scripts that help output text to notepad for us been updated recently? i must confess i haven't been on the forums lately and i haven't played the game much lately either.

2020-01-04 02:33:42

Darin,

NO, the scripts are the same versions from a few months ago, V0.40.

2020-01-04 10:47:49

Hi.

All right, I installed everything and good enough, everything works as it should, just have to get used to the controls of the game again.

What about those other scripts we had?
I remember one which checked out if you are entering a sector and would give you details about stations, ships and wares in the sector, and that other one where you had to set up a hotkey so you could check what a station had to offer without docking at it.
it needed a software upgrade ingame, but also a script, you helped me getting this one to work a while ago.

greetings Moritz.

2020-01-04 15:40:48

Hi,

Those scripts are all included in the version I linked above. The map and other things you separate log files.

2020-01-04 15:59:03

so zac do you think you can modify those scripts sufficiently then?

2020-01-04 20:17:58

Darin,

Once I figure out something else I should script, yes, I should be able to work with these just fine.

2020-01-05 12:38:23

Ah, very cool, didn't see that the other logs were also there already.

Can you tell me again how you would set up the trade hotkey when you are not at a station, or tell me what keys i need to press to get it set up? i don't remember that anymore really, and OCR isn't that good with the options menu sadly.

Greetings Moritz.

2020-01-05 21:33:03

Hi Moritz,

Sure, I can walk you through the setup process. The biggest issue is that the tabs in the options menu, going left to right, loop, so you'll want to be aware of that.

The menu guide written by my friend Malechai is available here. You awnt to go into the "Controls," menu, and then to create a new profile. Then if you switch to that profile you can go to the "interface," tab on the far right and go down to the bottom area, where the trade log hotkey is located. OCR will help with this process, but you'll also want to do some counting of menu options for the first bit.

I define my  trade log hotkey as a vertical bar, (shift+backslash on the ENglish keyboard), which seems to work well.

ALternatively, I can possibly just ship you an accessibility profile which you can load, the downside being that you'll be stuck with my definition unless you want to change it.

2020-01-05 23:20:46

Hi.

Urm ok, sounds like a process that can have catastrophic results in the end xD, I will see what I can pull off and come back to you.

Greetings Moritz.

2020-01-05 23:27:18

Moritz,

Hardly. You can always just revert to the default profile in the worst case. smile

2020-01-06 03:21:21

Hi.

Hmm yeah true, I could possibly go do that. before I get into the accessibility stuff I need to upgrade my ship though, I need a duplex scanner first, can't do without anything smaller, the normal scanner is ugh.

What trade software was it again which enabled the looking for prices from space? Was it the trade computer extension?

Greetings Moritz.