2019-12-28 21:28:04

honestly I think it's just the moderators sort of forgetting what they've done because they've done a lot of warnings and bannings lately. But I do agree that people deserve equal treatment. If we're banning jadon for doing these things then we should be banning redfox for doing the same things. I don't think they are keeping him around out of malice or favoritism, just forgetfulness.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2019-12-28 21:30:18

Yeah, the moderators aren't malicious guys. If you want to point out something they forgot that's cool, but don't spread conspiracy theories.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-12-28 21:44:07

I just find it strange how he was banned for calling some a tuff guy and a bastard while others call people with mental issues attention seekers while others troll remark it was just a joke
The mods cannot forget the ruling they previously made

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 21:55:33

Hi.

Yeah, they can't forget their rules, but they can forget that they had put redfox on a three month watch so he would get banned when something came up again.
So I wouldn't jump down their throats just yet, I reported redfoxes post again telling them about the watch he was on, so we'l have to see what comes out of it.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 22:20:23

This topic has definitely strayed away from what it's supposed to be about, but I just wanted to add that I agree with some points that have been made in regards to moderation. It's definitely understandable that the mods could have a hard time keeping track of the various warnings that they've given in recent times, but that being said, consistency is essential when it comes to moderation. Whenever the mods do get around to it, it's important that they deal their punishments in a way that is consistent with actions that they've taken in the past. (otherwise, where's the integrity?) Can we talk about the game again? I haven't tried it. I was hoping to read others' experiences to determine whether or not I should give it a try. Online shooters like these usually aren't my thing at all due to their trollish nature.

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 22:35:21

I can't download it, I get a 404 error. I want to try it out so bad thoughnj.

I'm just some random kid surfing the forums

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 22:43:52

well, from what I could see in the game it doesn't really look different from your usual audiogame suspects in the genre.
The code might not be stolen, but concepts certainly seam to be quite the same, including the failing speed hack detection, wondering if that was just straight copied over from redspot or if this is a general lag issue wich I also experienced.
I'm also missing some kind of weapon description. They're just called machine gun, shotgun, tiny MG. Well good, but what kind of weapons are these? When I hold an assault rifle, I want to know if it's an AR15, an FNP90, an LP14A, you get my point.

Greetings Moritz.

Thumbs up +1

2019-12-28 22:44:39

Because everyone uses speedstop which most of the time gives false speedhack detection errors. Don't know why.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-12-28 22:44:50

I think the mods have completely forgotten about the watches, audiogame was on a 6 month one and got a warning and he's still here.

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 22:53:13

@simba, audiogame is correct in that this game uses speed stop sound, which was open sourced by Sam Tupy, and may also be the same system used in redspot but I'm not sure on that one.
Btw, to those of you having download issues, it should be fixed now. The file got deleted somehow.

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 22:54:51

erm, the download link on the webpage doesn't work...

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 22:56:28

Ok for real?
How do you take those posts as personal attacking?

When I logged into the game, I started pointing out problems of the game to Charlie, in the hope he could fix them. I admit, it devolved a bit, but the main idea was still there.

Eventually, I pointed out that I was pretty sure I knew where most of the lag was coming from , how to fix it, etc. Charlie then basically said, "Well, how can you talk, you've never released anything." I said to this, "You don't have to have made large advances in a field to know about said field. Also, neither have you." The neither have you was mainly just a little jab about how the game was practically the same as tk, with some very slight differences, mainly being the hunger, which was so terribly ballenced I almost cried.

He also had several weapons, but only two of them were even remotely viable, both of which caused extreme amounts of lag and had long ass ranges, when all of the others were slow, barely dammaging, and had no range/spread.

I got banned for pointing out bugs and issues with the game, which prompted me to come on here and make a little jab at him. It wasn't even a jab, I just, quite obviously jokingly, said that this was totally not stolen or anything. I didn't accuse him, especially because I know he's working with Ivan. I made a little joke, mainly based on the fact that he banned me for trying to help him, and you all, once again, took it way out of proportion.

So if I do get banned, then that's sad, but I could probably use some time away from yall so my blood pressure can go down a bit.

Oh, and that last sentence was just a haha chuckle joke, because yall don't seem to know what those are...

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Thumbs up +1

2019-12-28 23:02:29

@redfox this seems to have become less about what you have done and more about the mods  inconsistencies. Personally despite pointing it out myself, this particular post was tame in comparison to your others. It might not even be warning worthy, but the same thing seems to go for Jaden.   The entire watch system  seems shaky at best.  Personally I think the damn thing should either be repealed or more strictly enforced.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 23:03:07

Hi.

at Redfox you don't seam to get the issue we are having here.
You excuse all your actions with the simple "This is not what it looks like" comment, telling everyone "Hey, that's just a joke." It the equivalent of coming around, slapping someone in the face and running off again, chuckling happily.
And when you do get comments about that, you start crying about the fact that noone understands you, not realizing that everyone has enough of your, in your opinion joking.
You should have realised by now that this isn't really the way how you should comunicate on this forum and possibly change your ways. If you are not able to do that, go take a leave and never come back. Or to say it a bit differently.
Run. Run away Redfox, and never return. Yeah, that's your TLK reference for the evening.

Greetings Moritz.

Thumbs up +1

2019-12-28 23:31:59

@64, but it's not slapping him in the face. It's not my problem if me making something that's quite obviously seen through as nothing that actually means anything makes him cry or whatever. It doesn't affect me and it doesn't affect you. It's his problem if what I say offends him, and if so, he can kindly ask me to explain what I mean more or ask me not to speak about his product like that. It's simple communication. Honestly, you'd think that people several years older than me would be able to do simple logic, but apparently not...

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 23:38:12

I've written a couple prior versions of this post, the first one in some pique. I apologize if you saw that. Here is what I want to say.

This is a busy time of year for everyone, and we don't take bans lightly, especially where they pertain to watches and such. The list has been fairly quiet lately, but I agree that consistency is important, and we're going to try and be as consistent as possible.

What I'll ask in return is that you folks try to be patient. This is a bit of a dogpile, initiated less than twenty-four hours after a problematic post, and what it tells me, at least, is that you folks do not actually trust us to do our job here. I feel that by and large, we've upheld our end of the bargain, and have tried to treat people and the situations surrounding them with respect. We haven't always hit every note cleanly, but by goodness, we're trying, and we are listening to feedback where it makes sense to do so. I feel that sometimes, you folks are awfully quick to cry favouritism or inconsistency when, in fact, it's merely a case where we haven't yet collaborated or made things official in the way that we said we would. I would kindly ask that if you want to criticize the way we do things, if nothing else, you give it some time.

On that note, by the way, personally I believe both Moonwalker and Audiogame should have been banned according to their watches and the warnings they received while on watch. But it is not in our protocol for one of us to immediately pull that trigger. Perhaps that is a thing we can look into, but then the issue is that someone's going to tell us that any one mod or admin has too much power. Part of what is keeping things going too slowly for some of you is our holding to a system which throttles our power as individuals...a system that many of you practically demanded in the wake of last year's difficulty. Please bear this in mind going forward.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 23:49:49 (edited by DJWolfy 2019-12-28 23:50:41)

@redfox:
It's all cool that you are trying to "make a joke" but what if you're just trying to get yourself off the case? And about people a few years older than you not understanding simple logic: this is coming from the same guy who I know for a fact has been banned from multiple games -- and attempted to get around it.
You're very lucky you managed to get back on sbyw.

2019-12-28 23:57:00 (edited by moaddye 2019-12-29 00:00:08)

Translate your documents into Swahili
Make your TV record "Gigli"
Neuter your pets, and give your laundry static cling

Look out!
It's gonna make your computer screen freeze
Look out!
Erase the Easter eggs off your DVDs
Look out!
Erase your hard drive and your backups too
And the hard drive of anyone related to you
Guys, chill! The mods already said we're reaching a dessision. continuing the discussion won't help anyhow

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

Thumbs up

2019-12-28 23:57:06

and also the speedhack detetion is fucked up.

2019-12-29 00:05:48

I also have the problem with speed hack

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 00:10:56

Rory, that child I was is no longer part of who I am. I was a little bitch back then and I admit it, but I'm different, or at least I hope I am, and bringing up the past isn't going to do anything. What did you hope to gain from that anyway? Bringing up shit I did years ago when I was like 12? Pfa, now I know not to pay attention to you.

----------

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 00:12:58

Here's the thing, Redfox. Until you came on and pointed out that you were joking, I thought you were serious and I was looking for evidence of Blood Bath being a clone. No matter if you think it's a joke or not, it's not. You need to seriously refine your humor, because you could put someone on high alert doing that. Thank you.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-12-29 00:14:24

and, that, my foxy friend, is exactly why I bring up shit you did when you were 12. because, unsurprisingly, you havn't changed.

2019-12-29 00:16:41

I simply don't know how accusing someone of stealing, even in a backhanded way, is funny. Ditto the thing you did to Aaron Baker a couple of months ago. You say, Redfox, that the child you were is no longer a part of who you are? I beg to differ. These antics are, in my estimation at least, those of a child who thinks all manner of potentially harmful actions are funny.

I realize that you don't think you're being harmful, and that you think the fault lies mostly with the rest of us. But here's the deal. You aren't representing the authority on this community. When the majority of folks who speak up are against your idea of comedy, and when that majority is also echoed by those who have the power to hold you accountable, your own opinion about your actions essentially ceases to matter. I'd also like to point out that defending this sort of action puts the lie to your apology, however halfhearted, about Manamon 2. If you were sorry for what you did then, why would you undermine your apology by doing more of the same?

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2019-12-29 00:38:40

Hi.

At Redfox pardon me saying it bluntly, but you are still a kid.
You crack jokes which only you find funny, than start whining and saying that you won't do it agai, and still you're doing it again.

Greetings Moritz.

Thumbs up