2019-12-25 00:42:02 (edited by Dark 2019-12-25 00:43:41)

As it's currently the season of peace and good will for many people around the world, speaking on behalf of the audiogames.net site and staff I'd like to wish everyone a  merry Christmas and a happy new year.

I'd also like to wish everyone else a happy Hanuka, slightly belated happy winter solstice, or whatever else your  selibrating this time of year, here's hoping for a great 202020.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-12-25 00:52:50

202020? I don't think the human race will last that long... big_smile
Regardless, a very Merry Christmas to you as well. How do you all plan on celebrating if I might ask?

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-12-25 01:45:21

Oh come on, we can just steel, wait ahem no I meant borrow dark's time machine and go to the future. I'm sure that's what dark was implying in his post.
Lol but on a serious note, a merry christmas to you as well. Almost midnight here in the UK...

2019-12-25 03:03:42

I have no energy left to go burgle Dark's secret lab in an attempt to procure this wonderful time machine, which I could honestly use at present to escape the rigors of parental dudty, involving overexcited children who want to decorate Christmass cookies.  I must stay awake until 12ish to put presents under the tree, which is an easy enough task if you like night time anyway.  But getting the kids to bed though?  I really need to get to the future to figure out how I do it in the present!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-12-25 08:37:19

202020? smile
happy new year

2019-12-25 12:50:44

Hello.

I wish you merry Christmas and happy new year too, the best next year and more linux games.

Best regards

Vojta.

2019-12-25 17:12:23

Dam! I don't believe I was so tired I actually wrote the date. That is the last time I write an audiogames.net post after having out run the minions of the evil robot king and his google worshipping hoards!

Of course, since in 20199, ears were regarded as obsolete due to earth now lacking an atmosphere, my wish for more nis probaly a rather pointless one.
then again, there are some wonders being done with the apple brain pod 110000000000, which most people's brains can actually operate even if it isn't directly plugged into their jars, so we shal see.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-12-26 20:55:49

I think it's more a case of people having stopped counting beyond 202019. That might very well be because the abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz explorer has finally reached the center of the galaxy where the eternal alien rave party is taking place in a giant anti-dyson sphere built around the coreward black hole.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-12-27 01:35:12

Google? You're seriously talking about google? Haven't herd of them in years. Weren't they that company who made that thing back in the day, you know that thing that let you find things on the web? Can't remember what it was called then...
Ah yes, a search engine. God, anyone remember those? I remember when we actually had to go and type things into a computer to find out what we wanted.
Oh god, and remember that old thing called WiFi? You know... when you actually had to connect! To the internet? The speeds were god aweful as well, back then loading websites took like a second where as these days, well, we could easily load just about anything in under a microsecond.
Oh, and remember back when we actually had to carry those things with us in our pockets to make phone calls? You know, where you had to poke around the screen like a caveman to get anything done?
Oh, and let's not even forget those ridiculous screen reader thingys they had to use back in the day. I mean, oof, having to have things read to you on the screen? Ouch, not fun.
Oh, and remember when us lacking site was actually a problem? I'm thinking back when people actually used site. I mean seriously, who needs that these days when you can just read someone's mind to determine how they're feeling, and of corse use our awesome implants in our brains to see things around us.
Holy crap, we sure do take a lot for granted. I do feel kinda bad for those pore kids who were alive back in 2019 / 2020.

2019-12-27 02:52:51

You guys remember back in the day when we had warp drives? God those things were slow! And hard to maintain too! Now we have quantum transport drives, we can go anywhere, any-when, anyhow. And the cars and plains and such... oh god, I really do feel bad for folks who lived in that century. Driving to another planet? Impossible! Flying there? Nope, too dangerous! But now we can!

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-12-27 19:13:19

Forget that... I heard that once upon a time there were people who got around on these animals called horses...

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-12-27 21:47:42 (edited by jack 2020-03-05 21:40:48)

Or that time where we actually weren't able to recover a recording of teleportation technology? because they had that pitiful device called a digital voice recorder? And who would've thought that recordings could be hijacked back in the day? Impossible! And downloading large files? That's so old-school now that we have earhole-insertable games that connect directly to the Apple Brainpod110000000000! And remember that ancient relic called INclusive Planet on that primitive device called a server we dug up? Forget that, we have the network called inclusive Galaxy. Will telepathic, intergalactic communication capabilities become a reality? Tune in next week to...oh wait what am I saying? Just time travel to next week to find out! And by the way, who needs tv channels anymore when everything is beamed to the Brainpod's entertainment system?

2019-12-27 21:48:42

I think your all being far too grim about the past. I mean, sand has existed on earth for billions of years right? and human kind discovered fire the first time someone's network connection overheated, and since we all know  networking has been around forever, logically even primitive humans mustt've had the tools to make glass.
And what comes after glass? Jars of course!

So their poor brains weren't left out all naked anyway, they must've always had propper jars to keep them in. That is what those horse animals were for, you see back before they had antigravity, they needed something to move the jars around, and of course the jars were much bulkier then what with all the eyes and ears and things that needed to be bolted to the sides of them.

virtual reality was also very primitive as well. they used to use things called "screens!" these were flat sheets onto which a virtual image could be projected. They also had things called "key boards" which were used to operate those screens. Most of their virtual travel was done in a device called the car, which apparently moved at a very slow speed and even needed what were called speed cameras to make their visual apparatuses run correctly.
#these cars also were equipped directly with key boards via the things called car keyes, which were both easily lost and also easy for others to steal, and things called wind screens (also called wind shields in some places), which projected the virtual images in front of the person involved.

these projections were also very inefficient, and often these cars would crash, causing a blockage in the data flow and slowing up the experiences of thousands of users.

This So, whilst there were many problems, I don't think life in the past was so bad after all.

2020-01-01 04:42:44

Back in the day, I heard you had to use something called a comb you ter to operate thorugh that gogl thing. Now though, you can just step into the vertual world with a thought and access the information through automatic information loaders. And humans needed to build things through resources? Well, this machine right here can build 400 houses in 5 seconds and generate the materials needed.

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2020-01-07 00:23:56

Remember way back in the day, when people would have the funny foil hats because they thought that their minds were being snooped in?
Nowe people line up to have implants so they can connect to the Human collective! I think I used to live back then? Can't remember, to many mind wipes...
I wonder, what was it like back then? Hmmm...